FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photography Contest. Win 50FRIH$

jarred89
PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION

I am going to have a contest where you can post your best picture. It can be funny or anything its upto you. I will be judgng which i think is the best and the winner will win 50 FRIH$. Entry fee is 5 FRIH$ per photo. Post your image below and i will post the top 3 winners when its finsihed. Only people that have paid will be judged. It will run for 7 days starting from now (21st August).

Thanks
Jarred
Loghete

It was hard to find my best picture.. Maybe I'll submit more.
Loghete
Enter a submission, someone. Please.
jarred89
Ok... Where is everyone's entrys!!! The competition is suppose to be closing now and getting judged. Ill leave it open for another week.
rajhank
What type of Photos can we use?

Can it be any thing related to any subject.
jarred89
It can be of anything just as long you have taken or made the photo.
ainieas
Here are my entries. Took them this summerhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/Ainieas/100_0339.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/Ainieas/100_0322.jpg
ninjakannon
EDIT: I now realise that I was too late. Entry removed Confused
mistuh griddlez
The contest isn't over right? (if it is then......... Embarassed ) Well...I have a couple of questions does it have to be a photo? What i mean is can I submit a cartoon? If not then ignore this post....(i suck at actual photo taking is what i mean.)
ninjakannon
If it's not over then I'll repost my entry and pay jarred89 5 FRIH. But it should have ended on the 28th of August...

I'm actually good at photography, I found out when I had to take some pictures for my art GCSE coursework; that was the first time I've made my teacher say "WOW!" Razz But I don't know where my tallent came from. Rolling Eyes
mistuh griddlez
lucky....the reason why i ask if it's over is because he said due to lack of entries he would extend the period a week and so i thought it ended sep. 4 until i read your post which made me want to ask.

jarred89 wrote:
Ok... Where is everyone's entrys!!! The competition is suppose to be closing now and getting judged. Ill leave it open for another week.

See....
ninjakannon
Good point, I over-looked that completely. Embarassed

I'll wait for jarred89 to give the final word on this, but it should be open for another 2 days...

Also, at jarred89: If people enter, and it's not judged, will they get their FRIH$ back?
DeFwh
Loghete wrote:
http://www.westgames.frih.net/HPIM1268.jpg

It was hard to find my best picture.. Maybe I'll submit more.

Nice picture but one thing are u using a digital camera?
Loghete
Yes. Why?

Thanks, by the way.
ninjakannon
Either jarred89 has forgotten or he doesn't want to give out the 50 FRIH$... But the competition should have ended now and he hasn't returned to this thread. Yet he has been posting... Hmmmm, this is somewhat suspicious. Rolling Eyes
Loghete
It schould end today.
ninjakannon
Loghete wrote:
It schould end today.

Good point, I didn't realise he added on the extra week merely a week ago, I thought it was more like 10 days Embarassed

Lucky I was being a bit jokey in my last post Razz
I take back my suspicions, jarred89. Well, for now anyway Cool
Loghete
Okay, now it's worse... The contest schould had ended yesterday, but it didn't.
ninjakannon
Maybe it's time to take back the taking back of my suspissions...
Loghete
I've PMed jarred about it.
ninjakannon
Loghete wrote:
I've PMed jarred about it.

Ooo good, I was just about to do that. You've saved me some time Wink

I would have entered my picture if he had answered me quick enough Evil or Very Mad
jarred89
Hey,
Sorry i havent been online for a couple of days. If you would like to enter, enter them now i will close the competition post in 5 days.

Thanks Jarred
jarred89
Which is the 13th of september so get posting and i will judge them then. Also the people that have entered some more photos i havent recieved your entry money as of yet.

Thanks
Jarred
DeFwh
Whos the winner or is has the picking not started yet?
Loghete
DeFwh wrote:
Whos the winner or is has the picking not started yet?

For gods sake, read the 2 posts before you!
ninjakannon
OK, my entry... I've uploaded it to imageshack([dot]us) and here it is:

Sorry about the time in the corner, I hadn't figured out how to turn that off at the time I took the pic. It was for my art coursework (a project on natural form or something) and I took it over half a year ago.

Here are some more of my pics, if I want to enter them at a later time (but obviously before the end of the competition) I'll donate more FRIH$ to you jarred89 and tell you what I'm entering - but quite frankly if I enter more and win, then I'll just be winning less FRIH$, and if I don't win... well... I'll be losing even more FRIH$. But for now I'm just showing them to for... umm... your own enjoyment.

I'll send you your 5 FRIH$ in a min, jarred89, but I expect you to finaly end this competition as I think it's run for long enough now.

So what d'you think guys? Very Happy

EDIT: OK, I've donated, my entry is now legitimate! Very Happy
htmlrules

i modified it in photoshop
Loghete
Photo??

That picture is like... max 10% photo... and at least 90% PS.

EDIT: And now when I look in another thread this is the orginal image:
http://w3bs.frih.net/matrix-revolutionsbackup.jpg

You haven't even made it yourself!!

This isn't a Photoshopping contest, it's a photography contest. For photoshopping, go to the Photoshop ******* thread.
Ghost Rider103
Loghete wrote:
Photo??

That picture is like... max 10% photo... and at least 90% PS.

EDIT: And now when I look in another thread this is the orginal image:
http://w3bs.frih.net/matrix-revolutionsbackup.jpg

You haven't even made it yourself!!

This isn't a Photoshopping contest, it's a photography contest. For photoshopping, go to the Photoshop ******* thread.

if you read Jared's first post, according to him, it can be MADE. But that pic he took I dont know about him making it or not, but just proing a point here.
ninjakannon
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
if you read Jared's first post, according to him, it can be MADE. But that pic he took I dont know about him making it or not, but just proing a point here.

Read carfully:
jarred89 wrote:
PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION

I am going to have a contest where you can post your best picture. It can be funny or anything its upto you. I will be judgng which i think is the best and the winner will win 50 FRIH$. Entry fee is 5 FRIH$ per photo. Post your image below and i will post the top 3 winners when its finsihed. Only people that have paid will be judged. It will run for 7 days starting from now (21st August).

Thanks
Jarred

He says "PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION", which entails that the this is a competition for PHOTOGRAPHY, and then says "I am going to have a contest where you can post your best picture". Your best picture, in this context means, your best PHOTOGRAPH.

So your entry doesn't count... Rolling Eyes
Ghost Rider103
jarred89 wrote:
It can be of anything just as long you have taken or made the photo.

He says it can be taken, or made. Meaning take, you take the picture with your camera, or you have made it. Sorry it wasnt in the first post, but judging by this post, his entry does count.
Loghete
But he didn't even make it himself! It's just a image from Matrix that he has PSed!
ninjakannon
OK, so it would be allowed. If as Ghost Rider103 points out you had made it. Unfortunately you did not. You edited it. Sorry to pick on you like this, but I'm gonna blame it on competitiveness. Wink
Loghete
The contest should end today! Woo Very Happy

And I really hope it ends today, I don't wanna wait any longer..
jarred89
CONGRATULATIONS

Loghete your the winner of the photography competition.

Thanks for all the entrants you have done a great job keep up the good work!
ninjakannon
Bah! I didn't win. Sad I'm gonna rant and groan for the rest of the year.

Anyway, well done, Loghete. Apparently you're picture was better than mine. Wink