FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need a colour scheme

Vanquish
Well, I need a colour scheme for my site. I'm going to be selling fish that I have bred. It needs to look proffesional, uncluttered and needs to be very user friendly. Take colourblind people and people who are visually impaired into consideration. I don't want anything to bright, but nothing to dark. I want it to look like a proffesional job, and not basic, but not over the top. All advice appreciated!

Neal Wink
eruct
There was a fanatastic article written a while ago at Boxes and Arrows that describes how to get color scheme inspirations from nature/ photographs. I think a trip over there will be well worth your time.

There is also the option of using random color scheme generators that like this one (there are tons out there, just google it).

As far as your site in particular though, the topic of fish lends itself to cooler colors. However, fish and corals come in the whole range of colors so anything would work really. My advice would be to have the color sheme be very conservative and let the fish/ products brighten it up.
Bengt
If you want it to look professional, you should be able to do it yourself, as a pro would do Wink
rafifaisal
Check out on this site.
You will find loads of info on colour combos, design, graphics and other ideas

http://www.colorcombos.com/
Vanquish
But i'm not a pro, so I need tips on how to make it look proffesional. I'm now thinking dark/light blues and some silver.

Neal
GB
The colors you mentioned might work. To get some great ideas, go to your competitors' sites and find out what colors they're using. What websites do you find "professional looking?" Use these sites as a guide to find what colors you want most in your design.
Vanquish
The only site I know of is ebay, others are shops on forums. Mine will be webpages selling mine. I think my colour schemes will work, now I just need some navigation buttons so I can start creating my webpages.

Neal Wink
nmxdesigns
Well, if it's a shop.. Then i'd start with a ligher background, maybe white? Or a light blue? Don't use a picture.. Or maybe a gradient of white to light blue?
Then for content mayeb a more rich blue? Not light or dark, in the middle..
Stay away from dark colours if you're selling fish, as it would really not work well. Surf the web for other sites selling fish, and see how they do it? Find a really succesful site, if they can suceed with the design they have, take tips and ideas from theres.. Thought obviously don't rip an idea, and make a blatent replica! Laughing

Good luck with the site.

-NMX