FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dreamweaver MX vs. 8 help

iflash
I am with Dreamweaver MX, just start learning. Now I have Dreamweaver 8. There is to much difference betwen those?
or is better keep learning with MX. I have special concern on systems demands of D8 because my machine is not full upgrated yet.
deb_xp
Actually both are same.......only difference in Dreamweaver 8 is that it includes some new codes, layouts n better support to use other languages. But MX is just fine........U can even start with d previous versions if U wish 2. Dreamweaver is basicaly a web designing software without pre knowledge of HTML..........n that objective is covered in all d versions but with newer version U hav some new n complex things 2 try out.

In my opinion U start with MX n when U R fully comfortable with it shift to Dreamweaver 8.
myworld
Don't follow the logic of starting with a previous version to progress to a new version as knowledge of mx isn't a pre-requiste to dreamweaver 8. If you have Dreamweaver 8 then use it. New versions are created to make improvements on the previous. The enhancements are not that great between the two but if you use CSS the new integrated panel will be worth the move alone.

It seems from your post that you haven't much experience of mx in any case so you still would have a great deal to learn in which case what's the point of going and learning to do everything in mx to then eventually end up re-learning in DW-8 when you decide that you really would like to be able to use that little enhancement.

At the end of the day only you can decide what's right for you.
healyrj
I started using Dreamweaver with Vers. 3. There have been changes over the years but when you get the basic idea, the program becomes second nature. It is fine to start using any version. The newer the version, the better the tutorials and help.
medievalman26
I agree with you guys I still think that DreamweaverMX was a little bit...subborn I think is a good word for it also Dreamweaver 8 is a little bit more user friendly than MX so use MX for a while until your computer is able to handle the switch to 8 but other than that they are the same essentially.
medievalman26
I agree with you guys I still think that DreamweaverMX was a little bit...subborn I think is a good word for it also Dreamweaver 8 is a little bit more user friendly than MX so use MX for a while until your computer is able to handle the switch to 8 but other than that they are the same essentially.
budazz
I used both of them no big differnces only dreamweaver 8 has more css features and it was really made for css based website (recommended) and standards based like strict xhtml 1.0 etc. try version 8... one thing version 8 has a zoom in features so you can check your graphics if it really fit on you webbie site project. and it has the video file or flash video players good!....check adobe.com
ck88
I think DW8 is a great improvement over MX. If you are into creating XHTML and css web pages without to much hand coding DW8 is the first version to do that.
BUT if you do part of your work in the code view, especially the css programming, you should be fine with MX. (If you own both, yeah go for DW8 Cool ).
pixel2life is a good source for tutorials. They have a nice DW section.