FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music group Web

Hire
Hi all, Very Happy

I m trying to build an internet site for my music group.
The features of Frihost seems very interresting.
The concept of posting for host seems nice to me.

I don't understand very well the Frih$ but it doesn't seems to be crucial.

In fact, I have 2 worries :

- A friend told me that with free hosting, it's possible that it makes problem to get back the name of website if I want to change the host. Is there any warranty to conserve the name...? (because it is precious to me)

- It's for a music group and it will be very nice to put some samples of our music. And as far as I understand mp3 are forbidden ! Is it impossible ?

have nice day !
thanks

Grégoire
mathiaus
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-10013.html

What? Shocked If you create a site under a frih.net subdomain it will remain here as long as you remain active.

If you have permission (which presumably being part of the group you do) you may after having Bonding's permission by requesting in the 'Request an account change' forum.
Quote:
If you create a site under a frih.net subdomain it will remain here as long as you remain active.

lol of course
Sorry if it was not clear !

In fact, I thought I plan to pay to have a domain because I don't want to have a subdomain. If's not possible, sorry for my mistake.
xorcist
Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
If you create a site under a frih.net subdomain it will remain here as long as you remain active.

lol of course
Sorry if it was not clear !

In fact, I thought I plan to pay to have a domain because I don't want to have a subdomain. If's not possible, sorry for my mistake.

Ya you can get your domain from another webiste because they dont sell domains here and then point your name servers here to frihost, and the domain will be all yours no matter if you leave you still have your domain.
thanks a lot. Very Happy

And about the MP3 sample ?
Scorpio
Anonymous wrote:
thanks a lot. Very Happy

And about the MP3 sample ?

MP3s are allowed on your site based on certain conditions:

1. You should be the owner of the copyright of the music/songs
or
2. You should have either performed the song or been a part of the group performing the song/music
or
3. You should have secured the permission from the group/person performing the song/music

If you fall under any of the cases here then you have to request for official permission from the Site Founder Bondings to host MP3s at "Request Account Change" Forum.
Thanks ! I am obviously falling under these conditions.

Quote:
If you fall under any of the cases here then you have to request for official permission from the Site Founder Bondings to host MP3s at "Request Account Change" Forum.

Ok so I have to make my account before and request an authorization

I have found this in the forum :

"You need to put all music files in one directory together with a legal.txt file claiming the files are legal and you have the right to distribute it."

Is that the only kind of thing I have to do ?
Scorpio
Anonymous wrote:
Thanks ! I am obviously falling under these conditions.

Quote:

Ok so I have to make my account before and request an authorization

I have found this in the forum :

"You need to put all music files in one directory together with a legal.txt file claiming the files are legal and you have the right to distribute it."

Is that the only kind of thing I have to do ?

That is about all you have to do..

You will be given approval in a couple of days at the most.
perfect, thanks
so now, next step in the forums !