FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is this some kind of a joke?

hack_man_
You've heard of easyJet... You've heard of easyCruise... But now easyPizza?

Is this some kind of a joke? It is a brilliant idea! Shame I can't get it, what with living in the Middle East and having to deal with delivery men who can't speak English... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
HoboPelican
hack_man_ wrote:
You've heard of easyJet... You've heard of easyCruise... But now easyPizza?

Is this some kind of a joke? It is a brilliant idea! Shame I can't get it, what with living in the Middle East and having to deal with delivery men who can't speak English... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Actually, it's pretty common in the USA to find online pizza ordering. I've done it a few times, but most sites are poorly designed and take way too long to navigate. The phone is really the best way. Now I call up my favorite, caller id tells them who and where I am, and right off the bat they have my history. I can just tell 'em same as last time and it's here in 30 minutes. Hmmmm, pepperoni, Italian sausage, hot peppers and onions. Gotta go and make a call! Wink
rightclickscott
In the game, Everquest, they have an in game Pizza icon, which, when you click on it, you get an order form to have a pizza delivered to your house by the closest delivery place. It was really for those geeks that never wanted to leave their houses, or even their PC's to get food.
Sappho
This is pretty old idea, here in Slovakia you can order pizza using net for as long as i remember. Thing is that you have to confirm your order by a phone call so they are sure its valid and not just another kid playing with the web. Smile
HoboPelican
Sappho wrote:
This is pretty old idea, here in Slovakia you can order pizza using net for as long as i remember. Thing is that you have to confirm your order by a phone call so they are sure its valid and not just another kid playing with the web. Smile

So if you're on dial up you order the pizza and then go offline, wait for the call back and then get back on? Hardly seems worth it. Phone is still the way to go, I think.
Sappho
HoboPelican wrote:
Sappho wrote:

So if you're on dial up you order the pizza and then go offline, wait for the call back and then get back on? Hardly seems worth it. Phone is still the way to go, I think.

Indeed i can only agree with you couse i find most of the webpages for online ordering way too constrained to be used with ease.

BTW i don't know anyone that still uses dial-up here. Wink
NatetheGreat
Sappho wrote:
HoboPelican wrote:
Sappho wrote:

Indeed i can only agree with you couse i find most of the webpages for online ordering way too constrained to be used with ease.

I'm on dial-up. Crying or Very sad
mathiaus
I was under the impression he meant easypizza as in easyjet related (rather than the fact it was online). http://www.easy.com/ easygroup leases its name to many different things, mobile, cinema, cruise, mobile, money, etc.
wombatrpgs
I think this is all just a sign of how lazy people are. We are too lazy to make a more-prepared meal, then to lazy to make our own pizza, then too lazy to drive and get the pizza, then too lazy to call to get the pizza... What's the next step?
Sappho
NatetheGreat wrote:
Sappho wrote:
HoboPelican wrote:
Sappho wrote:

I'm on dial-up. Crying or Very sad

I was talking about people i know in person, i am well aware that there are people on the net which still use dial-up. Wink But we are getting away from the topic. Embarassed
HoboPelican
wombatrpgs wrote:
I think this is all just a sign of how lazy people are. We are too lazy to make a more-prepared meal, then to lazy to make our own pizza, then too lazy to drive and get the pizza, then too lazy to call to get the pizza... What's the next step?

For five USD, I will order, pick up and eat any pizza you'd like! For 2 USD extra, I will run enough to burn off the extra calories you would have gotten if you'd done it yourself!

Send 5 bucks to EasyPizzaEater (TM)

Laughing Laughing
wombatrpgs
Past that we need some sort of IV that you set up to pay through your credit card, which then proceeds to push liquified pizza into your bloodstream at specified intervals.
arkebuzer
rightclickscott wrote:
In the game, Everquest, they have an in game Pizza icon, which, when you click on it, you get an order form to have a pizza delivered to your house by the closest delivery place. It was really for those geeks that never wanted to leave their houses, or even their PC's to get food.

haha, that΄s a great feature!

maybe they should make such a button on these forums? hehe
Teddy1
It's a bit strange in my personal opinion to have a pizza icon in a game. Supposing they were fat lazy people that couldn't be bothered to get up off of their butts and go cook something, I would say it's a good idea to have that. But i would say it's easier to get up and grab a snack or something. Don't you think ?
izcool
There's nothing new with ordering pizzas online. I know a person who does it all the time with Pizza Hut pizzas, where he uses the Internet to place this order. I've never done it since I think Pizza Hut is too expensive and a bit overrated.

If anyone seen the 1995 movie "The Net", Sandra Bullock plays as Angela Bennett and orders a pizza through the internet. That was 11 years ago. Razz

- Mike.
Andrew426
I only know of 1 place where you can do that here, Hell's pizza. Their website has won a few awards too. The first time you order online, they ring you up to confirm. But the next time you just enter a password so they know its you.
hack_man_
mathiaus wrote:
I was under the impression he meant easypizza as in easyjet related (rather than the fact it was online). http://www.easy.com/ easygroup leases its name to many different things, mobile, cinema, cruise, mobile, money, etc.

It is the same company as easyJet, etc.
Teddy1
That would be a logical explanation Laughing, "The Net" eh? sounds kinda interesting. Very Happy
soulman
I never try to order a pizza online... well, sounds good....
Traveller
Pizza Hut has offered online ordering in a number of areas for a few years. In fact, if you go to this link [no, it is NOT a referral link, of course] and click on the Pizza Hut image, you could order a wing-pak and pizza to be delivered in Honduras! Since I'm always walking the tightrope line between how much money I have left at the end of the month and how much month I have left at the end of the money, feel free to order one for me - I AM within their delivery area (in my case, La Ceiba). Of course, remember that I am GMT-6, and I won't post my delivery address publicly, so it's probably best to send me a PM before placing your order.

P.S. Sausage & pepperoni; Pan Pizza, please. Smile
izcool
Teddy1 wrote:
That would be a logical explanation Laughing, "The Net" eh? sounds kinda interesting. Very Happy

It's an interesting film, the part I was describing is near the beginning. The movie is mainly about identity theft that happened through the Internet where Angela Bennett (Sandra Bullock) has her name changed to Ruth Marx (the people who took her name and her life away from her used that name instead) and has to live through hell as she has an extensive criminal record under that name. She gets her life back at the end of the movie by defeating the bad guys. I bought it cheap (at Walmart from the $5.50 DVD bin) and even bought the sequel (made this year) called The Net 2.0. Different actors and actresses, but the same plot as the first movie.

- Mike.
sonam
I like eat pizza in pizzeria because I am using pizza for working break and rest. On line pizza is good idea but not for me.

Sonam
wombatrpgs
Its all very convenient, but this really is a symbol of what's going on... We're getting lazier and lazier. Is this convineince really a good thing?
Traveller
wombatrpgs wrote:
When Wombats Strike

I didn't even know wombats had unions!

As to the laziness: delivery has been around far longer than the Internet, and the Web is just another means of accomplishing the same thing. Probably of greater concern should be the bigger and bigger portions being offered by many fast-food joints, and the public's continued willingness to consume them. At least, with delivery, one is already home, is less pressured to feel the need to finish everything, and can save the leftovers. Of course, one could also be more relaxed at home and decide to eat a greater quantity more slowly. Either way, it does not portend well.
pjv
what was that all about? easy cruise? easy pizza? easy for the names but don't know for real.
wombatrpgs
Uh, pjv, what was your post all about??

Responding to Traveller, I agree with the fact that this is only a symbol. Have you ever read Fast Food Nation by Eric <I'll edit this when I remember his name>? It may be a bit out of date, but its really revealing about the changes in our culture due to our own laziness. But what is the root cause of laziness? Are our values getting deformed?
Bockman
wombatrpgs wrote:
Uh, pjv, what was your post all about??

Responding to Traveller, I agree with the fact that this is only a symbol. Have you ever read Fast Food Nation by Eric <I'll edit this when I remember his name>? It may be a bit out of date, but its really revealing about the changes in our culture due to our own laziness. But what is the root cause of laziness? Are our values getting deformed?

Eric Schlosser

wombat, I don't know if you made it on purpose (if you didn't it still was a good laugh), but the being lazy part of not searching his name really got your post's theme going Wink .

Be Well Cool
wombatrpgs
You have a point, no it was not intentional.

I just didn't think it was worth the work in relation to the value in the post. Maybe that's why we're getting lazier; We don't think that its worth it.
sibbahz
Easypizza is a great idea! Useful if you work from home on your pc, you can just order lunch without leaving it.

Also good if you have a speech problem or a hard to understand accent.

Shame they dont deliver here.