FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vista first impressions?

BabsUlvaWho?
Windows is planning the release of a new version of its operating system. Most or you will have heard of Vista.

There are many new features, but here I'll describe some of them. New design is one of them. Windows says it "provides two distinct user interface experiences: a "basic" experience for entry-level systems, and a more visually dynamic experience called Windows Aero."
If you do not have the correct hardware t orun Aero, then you have t ostick with the basic.
Windows boasts that the "translucent effect of Aero Glass, featuring dynamic reflections and smooth animations. The glass windows create an open, lightweight environment―and more importantly, help you to better focus on your content, rather than on the surrounding interface." Transparent windows is what that means...
I think the best part of this new interface is Windows Flip, the update to the Alt+Tab program switcher. It has the ability to go 3D, allowing to switch between windows and programs like this:

This seems like a very far out concept that might need some getting used to, but still seems like a good idea.

Another feature is that you can edit images, fixing the most common image prblesm (red-eye, etc) without any editing software....Vista can do it without other programs.

More coming soon...

What is everyones first impressions of the new Vista?
goansfr
i like the concept, but i want to know how much ram it needed, if i want to use freecell in 3 dimensions lol
Animal
Please use the Official Windows Vista thread to discuss Vista.

-close-