FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Computer Stalled :Plz help

barryforever
Hullo
Recently upgraded my computer to a pentium D 805 Processor from a P4 1.5ghz.Every thing went fine but when i start my computer sometimes it gets stalled at Windows LOading page ..
Any one encountered this problem ...
Please tell me
Ka7raK
Search the web for Hiren's Boot (i think that's the name). If you can download it (i don't know if it's freeware) and burn it to a cd, you can test if everything is working fine. Or you could try to repair your Windows installation. This one usually works fine.
steveadams617
Did you back up your computer before you started this game? Smile You might want to pop your old processor back in and do that if you didn't.
Bones
barryforever wrote:
Hullo
Recently upgraded my computer to a pentium D 805 Processor from a P4 1.5ghz.Every thing went fine but when i start my computer sometimes it gets stalled at Windows LOading page ..
Any one encountered this problem ...
Please tell me

Can you start in safe mode? Most likely looking at a repair install. You 'recently' upgraded to a 1.5Ghz..was it used? You can't even get that cpu in the bargain bin anymore in my area
barryforever
The computer gets stalled occasionally but other than that there is no other problem at all
I'm running
Windows Xp
Pentium D 805 64 Bit

I recently re-installed my whole system coz my old system was a 32 bit system and the new one i upgraded into was 64 bit
So as everyone knows I have to format and re-installed

My system doesnt get booted only after a long time workinking hours
Please do help me out here