FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does this really work?

Jaan
Hello, I've tried 122mb.com but they show banner ads.... Sad
So I was wondering if this is really catch free, as long as you keep your account active! That would be really great. However, one concern of mine is that will my website be publicly availible? Like the url?
Thanks alot,
Cheers
Jaan Wink

EDIT: I was wondering if I will be able to display Google Adsense on my site? To pay for WhoIsguard, etc.
Bondings
Jaan wrote:
Hello, I've tried 122mb.com but they show banner ads.... Sad
So I was wondering if this is really catch free, as long as you keep your account active! That would be really great. However, one concern of mine is that will my website be publicly availible? Like the url?
Thanks alot,
Cheers
Jaan Wink

Yes there are no ads and your website url will be http://something.frih.net/ (or if you own a domain name you may also use that one), publicly available unless you password-protect it or similar.
Jaan
^ Thanks for the reply bondings, but my question was that will other frihosters be able to know my domain name? I know that my site will be publicly availible, but only if they type it in. Hard to phrase... thanks!
mathiaus
They won't unless you tell them. You have the option of adding it to the directory, your profile, signature and the 'Advertise your site' forum, all optional Smile
Does that answer your question?

EDIT: Yes you are allowed ads.
Jaan
Thanks bro, and are we allowed to have any ads (Google AdSense) to cover domain costs, etc?
bytebase
maybe Jaan's meaning:
he want to host on frihost, but he don't want that anyone know he host on frihost.

i think this is not a question.
Jaan
no, not really. i plan on putting some quite personal stuffs on it, so you guys know that i will use frihost, but I would prefer if you wouldn't view it.... ??? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
And ads?
mathiaus
Check the edit in my post Wink
Daniel15
Quote:
no, not really. i plan on putting some quite personal stuffs on it, so you guys know that i will use frihost, but I would prefer if you wouldn't view it.... ???

As people above have said (or tried to say), nobody will know your (sub)domain name unless you tell it to them. Your subdomain can be anything at all (it doesn't need to be your username on the forum), and the hosting requests are not publicly accessible (so nobody, apart from the person who creates your account, can see your details). Also, we don't keep any publicly viewable list of hosted accounts.

Hope this answers your question Smile
Jaan
Yeh, thanks alot Daniel15! That clarifies things. Very Happy
FunDa
Quote:
i plan on putting some quite personal stuffs on it, so you guys know that i will use frihost, but I would prefer if you wouldn't view it.... ???

U can create a password protected directory. the option is there in DirectAdmin somewhere ...[/quote]
Bondings
Jaan, only account creators are able to see your subdomain. We do look at the accounts to make sure everything is according to the TOS (like no warez or adult content) but of course we won't be reading/viewing personal stuff.

However this is the internet and if you want to put some personal stuff on it which you don't want to be viewed by everyone but your friends (or something similar), then you definately need to protect it with a password or use some cms/forum that restricts access to specific things.

And yes your own ads are allowed.