FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HIKING & CAMPING

cybernie
I'm a newbie in this outdoor hobby. Could you give me some information about starting good on this hobby?
Motoracer380
yeah make sure you bring a first aid kit....extra socks...drink thermos...sunblock...compas....if you have a cell phone yes...even better would be a satalite phone. if you get into it and all.
imera
Toilet paper, that’s what I missed most when I went on my camping trip. Clothes after which weather it can turn out to be, and dry clothes in case you get wet. And I have found it nice to bring my digital camera with me.
Tumbleweed
I hike and camp a couple of times a year.........Each trip is different, so what kit you want to take depends on where you are going and what time of year
HoboPelican
Hey, go to the library or bookstore and get a book called "The Complete Walker" by Colin Fletcher. Great info on backpacking and hiking. Lists of what to take, how to cook, how to do everything. It is a great resource! Big book, but just preuse sections as you have questions.

The only thing better is to have an expert with you!

Have fun, friend!

My T-Shirt says "all who wander are not lost." Very Happy