FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Test your eyes !!!

einstein
Test your eyes

Count every " F
" in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...
(SEE BELOW)

HOW MANY ?

.................. 3?
(SEE BELOW)

WRONG, THERE ARE 6
-- no joke..
READ IT AGAIN !

The reasoning behind is further down.

The brain cannot process "OF".

Incredible or what? Go back and look again!!

Anyone who counts all 6 "F's" on the first go is a genius.
Three is normal, four is quite rare.
Duck
I counted 5 F's. Pretty cool, I'm almost a genius Very Happy It took me 3 times more to find the 6th F.
einstein
haha.....i counted 6 on the first attempt though. after all, i am EINSTEIN!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sappho
einstein wrote:
haha.....i counted 6 on the first attempt though. after all, i am EINSTEIN!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

This applies only to people which have english as a native language, for someone who just learned english as his other language its not a problem to count all the Fs ofcourse. Wink
einstein
Sappho wrote:
einstein wrote:

This applies only to people which have english as a native language, for someone who just learned english as his other language its not a problem to count all the Fs ofcourse. Wink

how can u say that, sappho???
Sappho
einstein wrote:
Sappho wrote:
einstein wrote:

how can u say that, sappho???

Couse its similar to most of these types of "tests". Wink Let me exaggerate a little imagine someone that can hardly spell right, do you think that it will be a problem for him to count the Fs, prolly not, so this means that he is a genius? Smile
einstein
i agree wid you. but anyway, i wud call him a genius at spotting things others do not!!! Razz
Yjaxygames
I counted 6, cause I know this test, it was on brainiac too Razz When I saw it for he first time I counted 4 F's.
Duck
Sappho wrote:
einstein wrote:

English is not my native language, but I know the language very good, so it applies to me too, and problably for much other people here too.
Sappho
einstein wrote:
i agree wid you. but anyway, i wud call him a genius at spotting things others do not!!! Razz

Let me add this, it doesn't depend on your eyes whatsoever, it depends on your reading abilities where phonetic elision cames into play so the F from the OF is omitted. Maybe this "test" can prove that someone is better in english than other (those that counted 6 aren't just so good Wink ) but sure can't prove someone is a genius, that was my point. Wink But it may also depend on how you processed the text, if you read it and counted or just took it as image patter recognition, etc. Smile
7gts-scout
i got this from email before...haha.. i got 3 at first Laughing Rolling Eyes
einstein
yeah, sappho. i got it.... Wink
OutlawSpirit
i only counted 3... missed the of's!
Vandalyzed
I got 6 on the first time, but I know I'm not a genius, so I'm not sure how this tests rates that.

But I do have to agree with the one person that commented on language and the ability to see the "missing" F's.

It doesn't matter how well you speak the language, if english is not your native language then the chances of you seeing the missing ones are pretty much guaranteed.

That's because in your native language, I'm willling to bet that this test would cause you to miss the letters that are so common as to be invisible.

It, Of, And, The........these are connectors and basically invisible to english speaking people, they're givens in a sentence and our brain doesn't process them.
CanadianGeek
I don't know how but I got 7 on the first read. I reread it and got 7 again. Read it a third time and only found 6.
poisonhzkj
I find 6 . i win... Cool
Mr Smith
I only found three, I'm an idiot
SumPersonGuy
I found 5 on my first try, and 6 on my second try. I'm a super genius!
zjosie729
I counted 4 F's. The reason for that is I caught the last OF.

Also I'm surprised that I didn't see all 6. English is my second language, but I guess I'm getting too good at it.
Hammy
CanadianGeek wrote:
I don't know how but I got 7 on the first read. I reread it and got 7 again. Read it a third time and only found 6.

lmao, poor guy! lol.

I counted 4 first time Sad .. i tried my hardest, and yeh i missed the first 2 Of's lol. but i went bak before i have finnished reading it and seen em. Smile
allanxiao
Easy, 6. I'm not a native speaker.
jveezy
I got four but I did barely manage to catch the last "of". Makes sense that people would miss it though.
Assiez
We got this in our drivers ed class to show that the mind doesn't process everything that the eye sees..... it was a interesting day.
Blaster
yea i am smart wooo i counted all 9 or them Razz nah but really i did count all 6 Very Happy
crimson_aria
I counted four 'F's. I've seen this test a long time ago but I couldn't remember how many 'F's I counted with one go. Hehe.
einstein
Blaster wrote:
yea i am smart wooo i counted all 9 or them Razz nah but really i did count all 6 Very Happy

yeah, i guess u r too big for your boots!!! too smart, eh??? Razz Wink
cambonas
I count 6... maybe I'm an abnormal person Very Happy
desertwind
I've seen this a hell of time, so it doesn't take much time for me to count 6 F's.
RhysAndrews
I counted 6. That would be because I already have read such a thing, however. Very interesting.

-Rhys
hive
I counted six. But I didn't read it. I just counted de F's.
Works
Razz
I am the waruz
woozzii
I find just 5
tkcy
I counted 6 as well...Did this test before long time ago, but forgot the reason behind it...but I was real careful when I was counting hahaha... So am I still a genius?
CyanEyed
i got 6 but ive done it before. the trick is the read it backwards, that way ur not reading the actual words, ur readin the letters which leaves u to be more accurate cuase u cant miss out the word "of" if ur not reading it.

sos for babbling, jus one of those habits, when i think ive got something good to say. u kno, have u ever had that? oops im babbling again. Very Happy
Hallgeirg
5 here
SimonWSTS
Woo, I counted 6 first time!

I'd feel special and intelligent if less people had already counted them all first time. Laughing
Davidgr1200
I made it 5 first time as well. Found the second OF on the second reading. By the way I have a nasty tendency to write the word Five as 5ive!!