FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harrowing Twin Towers tapes released

710ths
"Heart-wrenching tapes and transcripts of calls made to emergency services on 9/11 have been released.

They illustrate the panic of those trapped in the burning Twin Towers and the huge endeavours of New York firefighters as they attempted to rescue as many as possible.

The New York Times and relatives of September 11 victims campaigned for the tapes to be released to learn more about what happened to their loved ones and those who perished with them on that fateful day...." (source NTLWorld News) http://www.ntlworld.com/news/story_intl.php?page_zone=150.7.3&storyid=38593731

I really cant understand why these tapes have been released. I can understand why some relative need to knwo what happenned so let it just be them that see them. Not some grazy sick public that gets a kick out of other peoples sadness. Or worse still allowing the terrorists revel in their acts.

Your comments!
Soulfire
I wonder if the families were contacted and gave permission for the tapes to be released, because if that were not the case, I'd think it's sort of unfair. Forgive me if that question was answered, but I didn't read the whole article.

I think they were released kind of as a somber reminder of that day, a day that is summed up in America's promise - "We will never forget."
simp
Sounds great! I can hardly wait to hear it!
Meggsy
I guess they were going to come out sooner or later.
ahamed
horrible ......