FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

i am having FRIHOST

tamilparks
i am having a frihost and i am having Smart FTP Client i am behind the FIREWALL PROXY SERVER..........BUT i dont know how to access the ftp area..........can be help to me........please please
niranvv
I think, you need to enable FTP port access (usually Port No 21) at Proxy Server!

Niran
marioflory
Hey Guys
I guess most users that have problems accessing servers or services from behind a firewall are not in charge of changing any settings on proxies or firewalls. Or am I wrong? Usually the proxie or firewall is set up by the company, university or organisation whose internet connection you are using.
So to help this poor individual do not tell them to change settings there...
SpellcasterDX
Umm, most people login to their control panel from home. Shocked
Bockman
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Umm, most people login to their control panel from home. Shocked

Well, not really.

Some people don't even use internet at home. I have it at home and I can tell you I rarely use it (I spend 98% of my online time at work).

As for the FTP connection, there are some workaround's available, but you guys need to remember one thing. If your work/university/whatever IT department has closed the FTP port (and this is a standard in most places) they have a reason for it. most common "excuse" they(I?) use is the fact of abuse of FTP servers, but there is one thing that bothers a lot more when you are on a shared (work) connecion. FTP uses A LOT of bandwith, since it's used to upload/download (normally) big files. Internet Bandwith is very precious when you have lot's of people using the internet.

If you're at work, try and talk to someone in the IT dept., but I wouldn't bet on them opening the door for you.
there are some proxies available for you to use cpanel/DirectAdmin. i Guess through there you may manage your site (although slower, because you'll be uploading through File Manager by http and not FTP).

Also, if you have a proxy server (something like MS ISA Server Installed, they will be monitoring your Internet use. Abusing the connection would usually generate an alarm and they might just block Frihost there. Try and moderate your actions when using shared connections.

Be Well Cool

Be Well Cool
Daniel15
If you want to access your FTP, but FTP is blocked, you can do so via a site such as http://www.net2ftp.com/ . This is a web interface that allows you to access an FTP server via their site.
tamilparks
thanks i will try and tell whether its working or not have a great day