FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


666 ?





S3nd K3ys
What are your thoughts? Is there something to it?

I'm not normally like that, but when I get numbers in my NC files with 666 in them, I change them. And the only reason I made this post was so I wouldn't leave my account with 2,666 posts.

See you Monday! (Watch out, Blaster!)
Soulfire
I pretty much avoid the number all I can, I mean, it's not the 666 that is bad, but what is represents.
Josso
I don't really beleive that it will do much but I'm pretty open minded. For example in a computer based enviroment I don't leave anything as "13" or "666" even on the end of numbers... don't know why It's just a habbit.
alkady
Problem with the number is everytime you divide an Uneven Number by an uneven number there is a high probability that there will be a 666 in the Number. I get that all the time in my Math Class! Guess Math is the Devils works LOL.
Hobbit
I like to scream "six six six" at wal mart so people get scared. No I am not kidding, you only live once.
panacuba
i prefer 666 for a logo than 777 cuz its make more good da thing also like to say that "666 is my hand"
Reaper
Some people do believe in bad luck or bad omens, or other odd things like that but when you think about it there just numbers and nothing more. It would be like saying a horrible tragedy will happen every time 9/11 comes around, you can say it's true but it still doesn't make it true.
You should probably change the title of this post if you don't like the number 666, doesn't do much good to make this post to get rid of your 666 post status if you have a topic called 666 Wink
Nameless
Personally I think all superstition is very, very stupid. The number 666? MEANINGLESS. The number 13? POINTLESS. Walking under a ladder? UNLESS THE LADDER FALLS ON YOU, WHO CARES?! Breaking a mirror? YEAH, DAMN IT, YOU HAVE TO BUY A NEW MIRROR! AND YOU MIGHT CUT YOURSELF LIGHTLY! BUT SEVEN YEARS BAD LUCK IS RIDICULOUS! O_o
windrei
what's the problem with "666" ??? unlucky just like 13 ?? well, in China, the unlucky number is 4 or any number with 4, like 14,24,44 etc. with the prounciation same as "death" But i don't see any problems..... acatually, 4 is a lucky number to me, haha~~
CompactHaven
Here's something I wrote when "The Omen" came out



The Number of MAN = 666




Revelation 13:18
"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

So today is the supposed 666 Day, right?
First of all, it's 6-6-06 (actually 06,06,2006)

Plus, the number 666 refers to a person, not a certain day/month/year.

And no, that person will not be found today.

Psalm 25:21 says "May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you."

If your hope is in God and you believe that today is NOT an evil day, repost this with "Revelation 13:18"
"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."
---------------------------------

FROM SHAT:
The Omen is being released simply because the producer saw a chance to take advantage of the date. Many producers today have no respect for the original horror films.

Every 100 years there is a 666 date, so if you are a conspiracy theorist who thinks the anti-christ is going to be born today, why don't you think he was born any of those other times?

Also, The Omen is just another remake of a classic. Most people who see it won't even realize they're watching a remake. In the original, the antichrist looks like a man in a boy's body. In the new one, he just looks like an angry brat who could use a good slapping.

The (new) Omen will fall into the same boat as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes and countless other remakes that aren't as good as the originals.
biedr0na666
you don't like 666? Very Happy

do you know religion called Thelema, established by Aleister Crowley in the past century? The Order of Golden Dawn? he called himself "Beast 666"

well, but my nickname is just a joke as you may guess;)

apart from that, numerology sux. by numbers you can tell anything you want if you try hard enough. no meaning at all for me.

it'd be nice to know your views
Blaster
Its on S3nd K3ys its on

Any back on topic the number 333 haunts me it seems like. A lot of the time i will look at the clock and it will be 333 or a price of somthing will be 333 or something crazy like that.

But as so much for 666 i dont' know. It don't haunt me as much.

And i'm still woundering where helios is... this is his type of thread Very Happy
mceejaydee
Once you know what the numbers are about you start avoiding them as much as possible.
Helios
Means nothing special to me...
Maybe because I'm jewish :\
Dragonfly
People are just curious about this number. And no one wants to have this bad luck number. Everyone thinks that this is a bad number to start with anything.

Though it may not be significant but I don't want to have it as my roll number in schools and colleges. Very Happy

It's just that it doesn't impress me with all its negative attributes associated with this number.
CanadianGeek
Numbers having bad luck is just like saying that other numbers have good luck. Many people consider the number 7 to be lucky for whatever reason, but I bet if you searched for lottery wins, the number 7 was no more common than any other given number for a lottery win or any less common for a loss.... *starts screaming 666 and 13 repeatedly for an hour* See, nothing bad has happened. Numbers causing bad luck, it's all in your head. The reason 666 is so taboo is because it represents Satan, it represents all his evil. But numbers can represent anything we allow them to, good or evil.
Rev` -
The Number of the Beast is described in the Book of Revelation 13:18. From the King James translation:[5]

Number of the Beast
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Blaster
Helios wrote:
Means nothing special to me...
Maybe because I'm jewish :\


OMG helios is a jew Surprised

But wern't you the run running www.666.will.it.be or something of that nature
Rev` -
i can understand why people are starting to feel uncomfortable when seeing this numbers, it's the same with the Sig-Rune, that the SS used to use in the 2nd WW.

It just brings bad thoughts with it, but not that it has some kind of evil power within it or something.

(though that Runes αre magic signs, actually but that's not an issue here)
cheh
Hobbit wrote:
I like to scream "six six six" at wal mart so people get scared. No I am not kidding, you only live once.

mwahahaha that's brilliant, i'd like to see that once Laughing Laughing Laughing


seriously, i don't really like the number to be totally honest, even tho i don't believe there's anything bad in it. i guess it's because of what's asociated with it.
but i simply LOVE "The Number of the Beast" song by Iron Maiden. one of the best metal songs ever! (along with "Fear of the Dark" by the same band).
Helios
Blaster wrote:
Helios wrote:
Means nothing special to me...
Maybe because I'm jewish :\


OMG helios is a jew Surprised

But wern't you the run running www.666.will.it.be or something of that nature


Yes I am and you have nothing against it. Or else...


Yep I had a site running... a countdown script to 6/6/6, but for fun only Very Happy
Ratman2050
gee I can't wait till I get 666 posts.
actually I can Wink
Blaster
Ratman2050 wrote:
gee I can't wait till I get 666 posts.
actually I can Wink

Only 64 more Very Happy

And helios are you sure about that. Or are you the devil. Well according to Bobby Boucher's mom everything is the deveil
Nameless
666

THIS MESSAGE IS CURSED. Surprised Rolling Eyes

I just remembered, where I used to live must have been fairly superstitious when it was built, because everywhere you walked there were NO NUMBER 13 HOUSES. They just skipped straight from 12 to 14. Sooooo random. >_>
Blaster
same with building levels some dont' have a thirteeth floor. It is kind of funny i think but hey what can you do
Terrasis-Cian
I was burning a data cd of iron maiden for my friend. All the data
wouldn't fit so i deleted one album. An error message came up saying it
was still to big. The total size was 666 megabites.....I am not lying....There were other incidents with the band "iron maiden" but i am not sure????vvvv
Helios
When 666 is related to Iron Maiden - it's good.
Everthing related to Iron Maiden is good. Iron Maiden rox.

(*cough* flight 666 *cough*)
tidruG
Blaster wrote:
Any back on topic the number 333 haunts me it seems like. A lot of the time i will look at the clock and it will be 333 or a price of somthing will be 333 or something crazy like that.

But as so much for 666 i dont' know. It don't haunt me as much.


That's because you're half a man/beast RazzRazz

Quote:
Revelation 13:18
"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

And this guy proves me right. Smile
S3nd K3ys
tidruG wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Any back on topic the number 333 haunts me it seems like. A lot of the time i will look at the clock and it will be 333 or a price of somthing will be 333 or something crazy like that.

But as so much for 666 i dont' know. It don't haunt me as much.


That's because you're half a man/beast RazzRazz

Quote:
Revelation 13:18
"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

And this guy proves me right. Smile


Iron Maiden: Number of the Beast wrote:
I left alone my mind was blank
I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind

What did I see can I believe that what I saw
that night was real and not just fantasy

Just what I saw in my old dreams were they
reflections of my warped mind staring back at me

Cos in my dreams it's always there the evil face that twists my mind
and brings me to despair

The night was black was no use holding back
Cos I just had to see was someone watching me
In the mist dark figures move and twist
was all this for real or some kind of hell
666 the Number of the Beast
Hell and fire was spawned to be released

Torches blazed and sacred chants were praised
as they start to cry hands held to the sky
In the night the fires burning bright
the ritual has begun Satan's work is done
666 the Number of the Beast
Sacrifice is going on tonight

This can't go on I must inform the law
Can this still be real or some crazy dream
but I feel drawn towards the evil chanting hordes
they seem to mesmerise me...can't avoid their eyes
666 the Number of the Beast
666 the one for you and me

I'm coming back I will return
And I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn
I have the fire I have the force
I have the power to make my evil take its course



Yeah, it's all good. Shocked
milkmandan
the address of my last apartment was 666, and i lived on the 6th floor. that was also where i had the worst roommate i've ever lived with.

coincidence? Very Happy
Blaster
Helios wrote:
When 666 is related to Iron Maiden - it's good.
Everthing related to Iron Maiden is good. Iron Maiden rox.

(*cough* flight 666 *cough*)

Iron Maiden sucks!*

*Lets see how pissed helios gets. Honestly they are really good though


Quote:
That's because you're half a man/beast Razz Razz


No thats not true becuse your a liar so everything you say is a lie tridrug.
Jack_Hammer
666 is a mistranslation the real number of the beast is 616
Jack_Hammer
Blaster wrote:
No thats not true becuse you're a liar so everything you say is a lie tridrug.
S3nd K3ys
Blaster wrote:

*Lets see how pissed helios gets. Honestly they are really good though


Uh huh... Don't you know it's against the rules to troll the goderators?
Blaster
so what do i care??? Maybe i'll be sent to hell and find more about 666 our or 333 or 444 or 13. Razz
poisonhzkj
Nameless wrote:
Personally I think all superstition is very, very stupid. The number 666? MEANINGLESS. The number 13? POINTLESS. Walking under a ladder? UNLESS THE LADDER FALLS ON YOU, WHO CARES?! Breaking a mirror? YEAH, DAMN IT, YOU HAVE TO BUY A NEW MIRROR! AND YOU MIGHT CUT YOURSELF LIGHTLY! BUT SEVEN YEARS BAD LUCK IS RIDICULOUS! O_o

yep..it's what i want to say..
Darkjohn20
Nameless wrote:
666

THIS MESSAGE IS CURSED. Surprised Rolling Eyes

I just remembered, where I used to live must have been fairly superstitious when it was built, because everywhere you walked there were NO NUMBER 13 HOUSES. They just skipped straight from 12 to 14. Sooooo random. >_>


namless have u checked the other side of the street?
odd is on one side even is on the other.....

btw 666 doesnt have a meaning to me anymore:evil: Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
martichka
Hello!

Well, what does this ''666'' means me?

At first looking, I just jave two toughts about it!

1. The diabolic number

2. CHMOD 666 for server (using ftp) Permit Razz

Well good luck everyone !

Tommy. (666)
The Czar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpve33EkTos

I will have fear for Thr33 if it existed ...
-SonyGamer
I actually never knew what 666 meant before I watched a show on the Science channel that had the documentary about the Anti-Christ and doomzday, and the number he had was 666. But I don't fear it at all. It's just a Myth, after-all.
blackheart
Well, my e-mail contains six six six, and is actually just a way of saying 666... and one of my best mate's birthdays was on the sixth of the sixth this year. (06/06/06 - Dani spent her day notifying everyone she was the anti-christ).

So, I like the number. I like it alot.
Quiviro
"...the number of the beast, for it is man's number... is 666."

Long time ago I read somewhere that this was a subliminal message against the Rome emperor. It was supposed that every hebrew word or letter represented a number. And the name of the emperor would represent "666". So this would be a message to jew people, who know about that secret code between words and numbers. The message is: The emperor is the Devil.

I'm not sure this is true but it gives an explanation.
judgehawk
Martin Birch, producer of Number of the Beast, had a car accident one night while recording the album. The total cost of the repairs? 666 pound. No kidding. He asked to pay more just to avoid the number!

Does anyone here actually know what the song is really about? Its a musical retelling of a nightmare composer and bassist Steve Harris had after watching Omen 2. He has a really vivid imagination. Its amazing isn't it, that the band were shunned by mainstream media and protest groups because of the song. 'Arry's dream made them infamous. Its an interesting point. Also, if you to Powerslave's Back In The Village, during the line "I see sixes all the way!", you can hear the "six six six" chant very faintly in the background. God I know too much about this band...
germy7
hehe interesting, I'm not Christian so I don't have any problems with the number.
Vrythramax
I see no reason why a year old basically spam topic was dug up....and the person double posted.

If this topic wishes to continue start a new new topic in the Philosophy and Religion forum....but search first please. This one ran it's course a year ago.

-closed-
Related topics
Site Loading Time (and size)
Post- Nuke
Muchos links de manga!
La pelicula que condenarias a las llamas
My list of musics
Petite question en php
Favorite metal bands
[RESOLVED] problem with file permissions
Ne one want to have some fun with Jack Thompson?
Favourite/Best Songs (no more new threads on this please)
H-I-M
4Images Install
Justification for War in Iraq
666 Coincidence- Post your stories here...
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.