FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Is CSS and PHD?

Vivaelese
I m aving Trouble With My Template Becouse I dont know if or how i edit CSS and PHD. this.Please Respond
mathiaus
CSS stands for cascading style sheets and can be learned from here
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

PHD is a qualifacation over here in the UK (possibly elsewhere but unsure) so I'm assuming you mean PHP?
http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp
lxcid
CSS is, like mathiaus said, Cascading Style Sheet. Its work hand in hand with HTML. CCS bring higher customization and interactivity to HTML. As well as, better and easier management and mantainance of HTML code. For example, you have several HTML pages that you have and you want them to have the same style. It would be tedious to style every pages every parts manually. e.g. For every table you create you had to find the heading and change it background color. To fix this problem, you create a external CSS file, then link your CSS file in your HTML file. Do the same for all other HTML you wanted to have the same style. Its that easy. Also, if you changed the CSS, you change all your HTML documents style. Its very cool. You had your style manage in CSS, and your content manage in HTML. This is a very powerful and useful technology any webmaster must learn.

PHP is a server sided scripting language. Its embedded in HTML document to create dynamic content in HTML document. Its a very powerful server sided scripting language and its open source. Technology same as php is JSP and ASP/ASPX. It basically work this way, when you request for a page from the server, the server process the php file and return you the result. Your web browser will then display the webpage. Through this, php achieve dynamic content. because what the result is depend on the computation of the server. Maybe you may not understand what I'm saying now, Just remember that PHP is use to create dynamic content in HTML document. Thats enough for a start.