FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

RPG-FPS

panacuba
Its there any acctually rpg-fps-mmo free cuz RTW. ET is good but not so......Planet side is pay2play....and Gunz is not what im looking for....i heard osmething about a shoter but don remember the name
darth_revan
starsiege : tribes is a good free online shooter, but it contains no RPG elements
Deus Ex series are good RPG-FPS, but they aren't online.

if you like RPG-FPS, you should try Deus Ex, it rules!
rayx
Theres is one I know its called MORROWIND IV - ELDERS SCROLL an RPG-FPS but can also switch to 3PS.
panacuba
yea i know about morrowind goty im trying to get now the oblivion but i dont know what this game have that you call it a fps First person SHOTER
Egmond
There is a game, Spellborn (http://tcos.com/), it's a RPG build on a shooter engine (you got to aim yourself). But i'm afraid you'll have to pay monthly for it, and it still has to be released :S
PseudoKnight
You probably heard of Huxley. However, from impressions of people who have actually played/seen it in person, you might want not want to play. But you never know... they might turn it around and completely revamp the combat and such.
sgwreviews
Oblivion or Morrowind, or any of 'The Elder Scrolls' games are just RPG, not FPS.
Yes you can use bow in the game, but it's still too much different then a shooter.
darth_revan
Yup, in The Elder Scrolls series, you can play it First Person or Third Person.
In FPS's when you fire your weapon (or bow, or whatever), it's about your talent. But in TES, when you're using bow and if your skill is sufficent, you can hit your enemy.

Oblivon has some FPS elements, but you cant call it FPS. Its FP/TP-RPG.
Ka7raK
Hey, ever heard of a thing called www.google.com. You can search something like "free mmo fps". What do you say? Like it?
faker_phil
Ka7raK wrote:
Hey, ever heard of a thing called www.google.com. You can search something like "free mmo fps". What do you say? Like it?

I feel the sarcasm Smile

Oblivion is not a MMORPG, you can only play it as a single-player game. For MMORPG you'd have to try out World of Warcraft, but that isn't a First Person Shooter. Try Deus Ex, I have a friend that likes it.
Ka7raK
faker_phil wrote:
Ka7raK wrote:

I feel the sarcasm Smile

Glad you like!
panacuba
hahahahah use google for find mmo fps is a **** so i dont wanna do that any ways i heard something about rockz or like that is a mmofps....i dont accept gunz and enemy territory like games in this thread
Ka7raK
panacuba wrote:
hahahahah use google for find mmo fps is a **** so i dont wanna do that

Sorry about trying to be helpful and preventing another pointless thread. Anyway, an excellent MMOFPS is coming out for Xbox 360. Don't remember the name but it will feature a lot of people on the same arena. It's arena-based and not a real MMO like WoW or Guild Wars.
TonkPilz
Don't think there are any real mmofps's out there yet but there are a few being made like Huxley by webzen games its not free i know that. Not sure if thers any monthly fees heres a link to the page .http://www.webzengames.com/Game/Huxley/default.asp
faker_phil
Now I remember that you can play Counterstrike 1.6 or CSS as an RPG. You just have to find a server that has the RPG Mod or WC3 Mod running. There you can gain XP by killing players / fullfilling objectives, and get abilities by using the experience points. It's a fun way to spice up the dull FPS routine.
Ka7raK
The experience/level wears off when you leave the game or you keep leveling up from the level you were before?
DopeyCriz
Half Life 2
That is a mmofps.

~DopeyCriz
mtoni
Hellgate London..
it has to be released yet, and it won't be free, but i had to give you this name..

It's from some ex-diablo2 dudes, and it looks promising
TonkPilz
Half life 2 ain't Mmo the same goes for cs/css.

Hell gate London will only be partly fps as far as i know they my have changed that by now
engehab
thanx alot ya man
joecool89
darth_revan wrote:
starsiege : tribes is a good free online shooter, but it contains no RPG elements
Deus Ex series are good RPG-FPS, but they aren't online.

if you like RPG-FPS, you should try Deus Ex, it rules!

if you have a steam account with half life 2, theres tons of mods that are rpg mystery and action, some even just fps space battles, ,steam is cool because if u have a game on there u can never loose it, one time some one stole my pc games ans some of my 360 games but because i was on steam all i had to do is down load it off steam,, hope this helped. . one of my personal favorites was dino d day, lol its a ww2 theme fps/ raging raptors , and u get too kill nazis,, gotta be a sniper with a mosin nagant lol turn there heads to mist, lol oh and u get to be t rex if u get a good killing spree, lol
,well theres so so many mods for half life two or orange box, , some better than other, some of the medevil games are fun too, ,.and some even like, ghost in the shell mods, which i wish more people played because is a great mod.