FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you think you're going to get vista?

SumPersonGuy
I don't know if I'm going to get vista. It's going to be pretty expensive, and I know there are a lot of features, but I don't think I'm going to. It doesn't seem worth installing a new OS for a few new features. I have seen some screenshots, and it looks good, but I heard there are a lot of bugs, and to use all the features, you need certain videocards.

What about you?
RiCtee
That is definately not true. Do you mean that Linux itself is expensive or that you need a new video card? If you still don't know, Linux is free $0.00 except for your Internet Connection to download it.

Another myth is that Linux has a lot of bugs. Not true. It's actually a pretty stable OS, and has been here a long time before Microsoft (Unix father).

What I would say is to try it. Start from those live CDs (boot from CD without installing) - Ubuntu is a good choice, they will even ship the CD straight to your home, free!!
simplyw00x
Quote:
It's going to be pretty expensive

No, it isn't.

Quote:
I know there are a lot of features

It doesn't have more features that windows, per se

Quote:
I have seen some screenshots

There are as many completely unique screenshots of linux as there are linux users. Don't choose an OS off screenshots.

Quote:
I heard there are a lot of bugs,

You mis-heard.

Quote:
you need certain videocards.

Yeah, the video card thing is pretty restrictive... you need a card made by 'ATI', 'NVIDIA' or 'Intel'. Who the hell has those? Rolling Eyes

I sincerely believe you're in fact talking about Windows Vista and have just become confused. No jokes, I'm serious. Every one of those applies to Vista and none to linux.
SumPersonGuy
Sorry guys, I meant Vista, not linux. I realized it was a typo when I cam back to look at this thread again. Sorry.
{name here}
I'm not getting Vista unless I absolutely have to. The day XP becomes obsolete will be the day I'm running windows applications in WINE.
rajhank
I am not too sure whether I get VISTA or not.

But, when I have to buy a new Desktop or Laptop,then I will think of buying it as a bundled software.
Animal
Please use the Official Thread to discuss Windows Vista.

-close-