FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I have problems with Direct X.

jcvincent
My sisteer can't play her sims2 game in my pc. Everytime she starts the game, the computer prompts "failed to initialize direct 3d. Please install direct x 9.0c or later version". but she already installed direct x 9.0c included in her installer of sims2.

may i know what are the possibles solutions about this problem? My video card is S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR.

She already installed the sims2 in my pc before. but when I reformatted my computer, the problem then occured. Help please.

Thanks.
tamilchild
First reinstall your Graphics adapter driver and set to then 1024X768
pixels colour

then

Download fresh version of DirectX from Microsoft website and install in your computer. This can be solve this problem.
Smile
photon
remove your existing graphics card drivers, get the latest ones from the net and install them. and please specify what version of windows you have so that it would be easier to troubleshoot
jcvincent
photon wrote:
remove your existing graphics card drivers, get the latest ones from the net and install them. and please specify what version of windows you have so that it would be easier to troubleshoot

Thanks. I'm using Windows XP
muggle
You can verify the following:
1. Right click with the mouse on the desktop; select `Properties` than `Settings` tab in `Display Properties` window; click on `Advanced` button than select `Troubleshoot` tab; Hardware acceleration shall be set to Full.
2. Select [Start menu; All Programs; Accessories; System tools; System Information] application; than from its menu select [Tools; DirectX Diagnostic Tool]; click on `Next Page` button to pass trough all pages, you might find useful information here. Pay special attention on `Display` tab. All DirectX Features shall be set to Enabled (if of course they are supported by your hardware).
If you changed anything during the above steps try to install and run the game again.
Bones
muggle wrote:
You can verify the following:
2. Select [Start menu; All Programs; Accessories; System tools; System Information] application; than from its menu select [Tools; DirectX Diagnostic Tool]; click on `Next Page` button to pass trough all pages, you might find useful information here. Pay special attention on `Display` tab. All DirectX Features shall be set to Enabled (if of course they are supported by your hardware).
If you changed anything during the above steps try to install and run the game again.

Just a little FYI...you can also get to directx diagnostics by clicking Start-Run and type dxdiag in the box and press enter.

You might want to reinstall DirectX from the Microsoft website (as was suggested above) as the one on the Sims disk will not likely be the newest version (yes the newest is 9.0c but there was a newer version of 9.0c released in April of this year)
Jaan
Google the reqs. for the game. In my opinion, sgg or w/e makes crap cards, and I know that Halo isn't compatible with em. Go to the page for your video card and see if it has any faults with games or something.
Good luck mate.