FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Halo1 VS Halo2

Halo1 VS Halo2
Halo
60%
 60%  [ 15 ]
halo2
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 25

Bender1337
i think halo 1 is the best the lvls are way better
nakamaru
I really prefer halo-2 strictly because the multiplayer gameplay is better with the plasma swords etc.
baum678
first of all they are energy swords, and second of all Both games are amazing. Iplayed a ton of Hola multiplayer, so i didnt like getting re-adjusted
to Halo 2 and the changes they made.

But I did like dual-wielding, and the campaign mission in Halo 2 better then Halo. However, the ending really really blew... after waiting that long you expect some sort of closure on the story, but I guess they did it to push Halo 3 and the Xbox 360...Capitalism, what can you do!
Dec1mal.
I think you're playing the wrong game if you play Halo for single player. The "flood" look almost identical to Half-Life's face huggers, and the story line of them taking over the universe isn't exactly the most original. Afterwards, the fighting gets repetitive, basically mowing down hordes of Covenant.

However! I prefer Halo 2 because of certain features in multi-player. The entire thing looks better, and the multi-player is more functional and varied in Halo 2. However, I loathe the Battle Rifle, but there was the pistol in Halo, so I guess I can't complain too much. I also liked regular melee better without the lunges.
baseballbrad3
i like halo 2. it has xbox live and bungie can fix the game if there is something wrong with it, plus new maps. i dont like single player, unless i am playing it with a friend. if halo 2 had co-op over Live, then i would play it a lot more. I hope Halo 3 has the ability to do that. Halo 1 however has a lot more hacks you can do. but if you have hacks for halo 2, DONT PLAY EM ON XBOX LIVE! halo 2 has better graphics too.
akashi
halo 2 coz almost every sequel is better as they are improvements. uber cool weapons!!!
whoami
Halo 1 for me, the only reason is because it was made for pc. I dunno what in the devil Microsoft was thinking when they didn't convert halo 2 to pc. Missed out on a huge market.
lockwolf
whoami wrote:
Halo 1 for me, the only reason is because it was made for pc. I dunno what in the devil Microsoft was thinking when they didn't convert halo 2 to pc. Missed out on a huge market.

I totally agree with that. I bought halo cuz I didnt want to spend 200 buck for an xbox and halo at the time. I really think that if Microsoft ports Halo 2 to the PC, I would buy it just so I can say I have it and I can understand my geeky halo 2 fanboy friend when he goes on a 2 hour rampage on why halo 2 is better than "insert game here". also I get bored with halo 2 after about 5 minutes in multiplayer. I also think that the movement speed in halo and halo 2 is really slow for multiplayer. it seems like on blood gulch, it takes about 30-45 seconds to get across the level to get the flag and another 30-45 seconds to get back. most good FPS with CTF the game is so compact that you can expect some big fragfest over a flag. I have played games of UT2004 where its like, enemy flag taken, flag dropped, my flag taken, enemy flag picked up, my flag dropped, my flag returned, enemy flag dropped, my flag taken, my flag dropped, my flag returned, enemy flag picked up, my team scores all within a period of 1-2 minutes. Its hard to do that in halo or halo 2.
lostprophecy
Halo 2! It's got all the new features including dual weapons, the GTA kick the butts off the vechile style. Also the new multiplayer maps that come out,9 new maps for multiplayer that really what makes the game so outstanding.
voteforsamuel
I voted halo 2 just because I like the energy sword. Both games are very fun -- it was hard to choose.
thefluffyhamster
halo 2 is better because it has bigger maps and missions than halo 1.

it has also balenced the weapons out pretty well (as opposed to the uberpistol in halo1)

halo2 also has great new weapons and the duel wielding feature
Sandcrawler
wel...i'm not much of a halo fan in fact i hate it alot because its all epople talk about...wake up and play a real game... UT04 namely is about 300 times better then halo 1 or 2 because they concentrate on muliplayer and thats what there game is designed around...corce if your an xbox player then you miss out on it...

i dont have an xbox...nor will i be getting one or a 360...but i have played both halo's and the first one was better...the sword is noobish all you do is line up and pull the trigger and you fly to them...and if you have a ropcket launcher you can line up on them with it and switch to your sword and you will fly to them no matter were they at...then to me H2 looked like it was rushed out...not many changes in the game the controls were bad and the graphics didn't chnage any at all...look at the 2 newest splinter cell game...they look about as good as anything they showed for the 360...look at Doom 3 witch is older then H2 i think 0.o why couldn't they have done that? with H2...

I dont even try to think about what H3 will be like...its gona run on the same engine the graphics will eb trhe same and people will be swarming it just because its halo...
Josso
whoami wrote:

Thank you person with sanity! i'm hoping that halo 2 will come out for PC then I will buy it.
TeK
Halo CE was better imo. Halo 2 felt lacking on so many levels.
lockwolf
Who Cares? They both sucked!
thefluffyhamster
now, i find that the people who say halo sucked are the ones that DONT have a xbox.

and once those people get a xbox, halo is suddenly extreamly good according to them.

see the connection?
LKF
Granted, I play "The Halo Trial" for PC, a lot because I'm cheap and lazy; that, and I wish my computer had better graphical support. I'm more comfortable with Halo than Halo 2, due to the different balance for weaponry between the two (...pistol). Plus, I'm better at FPS games with a mouse 'n keyboard, anyway.

I play The Halo Trial often as "Kittles," for anyone that may remotely care.
Sandcrawler
thefluffyhamster wrote:
now, i find that the people who say halo sucked are the ones that DONT have a xbox.

and once those people get a xbox, halo is suddenly extreamly good according to them.

see the connection?

haha nope...dont have an XBox but I have easy acess to one...and i enevr go play it because every game on it is a FPS modeled after Halo...SHoot first ask questions later...it gets boring...like on G4 the other days showing a new game for the 360 that looked just like Doom 3 Half Life 1 & 2... Alien monsterthing, No ammo, Little light, and small allys...It gets boring fast...and back to Halo, What make it better then UT04? have you played UT04...if you have then you know how much better it is then Halo and how many more level it has and how much they worked to have perfect Multiplayer. Another thing that makes Halo suck is everywere you go people are always talking about it...there is not that much to talk about the game with...what maybe a total of 15 weapons and maybe 20 diffrent guys to blow up...
ChelseaIL
halo 1, becuase i didn't play halo 2. Embarassed
dave
i think the controls in halo 1 are much better than in halo2... So i prefer halo1... But I didn't play them very long Embarassed
zoombinimatt
i liked halo 1 better. much better storyline.
RuthlessGSTA
i say halo 1 cuz the classics are always the best you know wut i say
JLC
halo 1 is a classic.
DarkGoku
Halo 2 owns.

You get to be teh Arbitor... what more is there to do?