FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nobuo Uematsu and Final Fantasy

hofodomo01
Anybody else a big fan of his music? I love the orchestrations that are available....too bad that is seems like he isnt doing all of the final fantasy muisc anymore...

My favs:
Suteki da Ne (orchestrated version)
One Winged Angel (orchestrated version)
Blue Fields (orchestrated version)
onemoment
final fantasy is an awesome band!
rightclickscott
onemoment wrote:
final fantasy is an awesome band!

Ok, that was just a terrible rez post. Final Fantasy is a game series, not a band. Nobuo Uematsu is the composer who's written and composed most of the Final Fantasy music, and it is some of my favorite game music. I don't know where the hell you got that statement from, and especially to rez a pretty dead topic, but seriously, try to do better.
Dragonfly-online
First of all, what kind of-... how dumb-.... UGH!
It's people like that, "Final fantasy is a great band", that are the reason we as a species are so developmentally slow.

BTW, Nobou Uematsu is definitely one of, if not the, bet composers of our time. My favorites would definitely have to be One winged angel, and the Aeris theme. Both wonderful pieces of Music.
vanille
hofodomo01 wrote:
Anybody else a big fan of his music? I love the orchestrations that are available....too bad that is seems like he isnt doing all of the final fantasy muisc anymore...

Nobuo Uematsu is so good he deserves his own bodyguards, just in case. ^_^ I like Sairin: Kata Tsubasa no Tenshi best of all his music. If you like him, I suggest you guys try out Tan Dun. His music is a bit less fast-paced though...he did Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and does awesome stuff with violins.

OMG someone is pretending to be knowledgeable about FF. *pokes second poster*
Jayfarer
Nobuo is even doing at least one track for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

One of my favorite tracks, other than the ones listed, is Cid's THeme from FF7. I like the epic ones.
deStructuralized
Everything off of Final Fantasy VII was classic, even though it wasn't fully orchestrated.

The final boss theme of Final Fantasy VIII was awesome, even though the game sucked. The piece had hints of Vincent's theme, and some hints of Final Fantasy 3, which I found to be very neat.
ddukki
Nobuo Uematsu is one of the most celebrated Japanese music composers, even though most (if not all) of his works were composed for video games (namely Final Fantasy). This's inspiring. I'm not sure what anyone else thinks about this, but if you can get your name out there with such a modest root, then you're something special.
engeland
The piano arrangements of Nobuo are well done. I can't really remember the name of the person.

Does anyone know? Laughing

Anyway, my favourites are Terra and Melodies of Life. Both reborn arrangements are cool
rightclickscott
Dragonfly-online wrote:
It's people like that, "Final fantasy is a great band", that are the reason we as a species are so developmentally slow.

That's going in my sig.
Jakob [JaWGames]
Final fantasy have indeed very good music, earlier I listened to that music alot and even if I listens more to other music nowadays I still sometimes goes through my old folders with finalfantasy music Smile
RubySlasher
His music on the NES Final Fantasy 1 is what really made the game stand out so much... Because you could play the rpg without getting tired of the melodies. (Because they are very agreeable.)
Some of my favorites though, are the Laguna battle theme (FF8), Final Boss Battle (FF9), as well as the real FF3's boss battle theme.
shrinkwrap
Final Fantasy music is amazing. I love it so much. Anyone heard Piano Squall? he goes to anime conventions and puts on charity concerts in which he plays a lot of game music, including lots of Final Fantasy stuff. Smile
Ducksteina
I just love the Final Fantasy music by Nobuo Uematsu. Especially 'Water' from FF7 - that's just the perfect song to sleep with...
Octaeder
While I love the music from the FF series, I'm never sure exactly whether it's because I find the music to be really good or whether I'm just riding the nostalgia wave of playing a great game.

I tend to be of the opinion that it's the latter.