FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Semi-automated backup

pozzler
Hello.

since I tend to forget about regular backups I would like to suggest following functionality:
There should be a "Schedule" group box in backup management in DA with following options:
1. Backup recurrence (Daily at, Weekly at, Monthly at)
2. Keep last xxx backups
Perhaps this is feasible using Cronjobs, but I think many would welcome a simple, intuitive interface for creating such backups.
As additional option, there could be a check box "Notify me when backup is created/deleted".

What do you think about that?

Wojtek
billybob
I would help people regulary back up but backing up uses alot of the servers CPU usage and if a few users do this at the same time it will slow the server down...
mathiaus
Good point, with the server already having problems at the moment this would be a bad idea to implement. Theres also the point of storage. You shouldn't be storing any backups in your space really but with this (specially say weekly options) lots of space would be taken up and accounts suspended (being full) having to be sorted out.
Blaster
I say you should just backup before and after you do something big to your site. After a server crash like the one that happend to server 2 awhile back every just said they would make one like once a week.