FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

about mysql!

Matte52
Hey,

I'am trying to install the plugin "AMXBans" to my CS 1.6 server. But now i have a problem, the server that stand in my home here in sweden needs to connect to my mysql database that I have here in Frihost. So I wonder now what should I type in into the field "Host" in the configartion?

I write use localhost because then i will search for a mysql server here on MY server, and not here in Frihost. So I really need to "connection" adress to my mysql databas here at frihost.

I really hope it's okey to do install this, otherwhise you admin need to tell me that it's not okey =)

Kind regards:
Matte52
orno
if you are talking about using the mysql database, yes, its allowed....

hold on while i search for the thread containing Bondings directions on how to do this... you are on server 2 i presume?

EDIT: nevermind, i found this thread: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-43208.html saying that it wont be possible...
maybe u can PM Bondings and ask him if theres really no way at all to do it...
mathiaus
frih.net should work. You'll need to either add your IP though or a wildcard '%' (thats percentage sign without quotes) to the host list in Direct Admin -> MySQL Management
orno
thats good to know...maybe that shd be stickied somewhere...
Matte52
hum, okey so i need to creat a database that has the name "%", or was it like that you meant? I'am not so good at this som please explain a little betten, thanks!

Kinds regards:
Matte52
mathiaus
Create the database the same way as normal but afterwards go to your mysql page (DA -> MySQL Management), click on your database (eg. mathiaus_externaldb), at the top of the page you should have information on users for the database, underneath are hosts (localhost should currently be present) fill in the empty field underneath then click on 'Add Host'. Then add the IP of the server you want to use or a wildcard % for anyone. Smile
Matte52
okey =)

Thanks alot, this really help me Smile Frihost is really one of the best free webbhosting company that i know Very Happy

Kind Regards:
Matte52
dinael
So -MySQL server name is: frih.net

Did I get that right?

and what is MySQL database name?
and what to write in MySQL table prefixes when asked?

I need this info sooner the better.

Rolling Eyes
m-productions
dinael wrote:
So -MySQL server name is: frih.net

Did I get that right?

and what is MySQL database name?
and what to write in MySQL table prefixes when asked?

I need this info sooner the better.

Rolling Eyes

We dont know what your MySQL database name is, only you do, as you have to make it.