FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New guitar

snowboardalliance
EDIT: for those of you who don't read the whole topic, I already bought it, thanks for your opinions, but please only post if you read what I said later in the topic, thanks.

I'm going to get a new guitar to replace my squire strat soon. Guitar Center has like 30% off sales until the end of August, so I was wondering, should I get this? http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_gibson_faded_sg_special_electric_guitar?full_sku=102935921

I don't want to spend too much, but I want something pretty nice. I figure, you can't beat the price on that. I've tried the SG and I like it, but I want to hear some opinions.
rick2000sept
Gibsons are always good guitars. It is definately a nice guitar, if I had the money and the motive, I would buy it. I am quite happy with my guitar though, it is around the same price range.
jds10912
i really like that guitar, but it is a little out of my price range (by just a little lol Laughing )
so instead, i am probably going to get the epiphone version of that guitar, and maybe put in some new humbuckers when the cash comes around.

and

offtopic: you like Taking Back Sunday? theyre awesome! i saw them over the summer with AVA and HA
check out this site
SimonWSTS
Gibson are always good to go for if you have the money, you know you're going to get a first class guitar and if you've already tried playing one then all the better! You know what to expect and because you're buying on the internet you get a good price too.
snowboardalliance
Thanks everyone, I think I'll go get it then. I was already planning on it but the comments help.

jds10912 wrote:

and

offtopic: you like Taking Back Sunday? theyre awesome! i saw them over the summer with AVA and HA
check out this site

Yeah I went there too, it was my first concert haha.

SimonWSTS wrote:
Gibson are always good to go for if you have the money, you know you're going to get a first class guitar and if you've already tried playing one then all the better! You know what to expect and because you're buying on the internet you get a good price too.

Actually I'm going to guitar center so it is the good price and no shipping Very Happy
zurdosoft
Tengo una Yamaha para zurdos y realmente es excelente.
La tecnologia que tiene es de primera.
Andrew426
That looks bloody good.
I prefer gibsons over fenders, I dont really know why, just personal preference (plus everyone I know has either a fender or a fender copy)
Yesterday I put a deposit on a black probe les paul copy.
jds10912
btw where did you find the 30% off on all sales?
i cant see it anywhere, or is it in store only or something like that?
snowboardalliance
jds10912 wrote:
btw where did you find the 30% off on all sales?
i cant see it anywhere, or is it in store only or something like that?

Not 30% on everything, but everything is on some kind of sale for guitar center's 42nd anniversary all month.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/buyersguide/
achene
Some would say it would be better to gather a little more money and buy the standard instead of faded - but a faded is indeed a good guitar though.
ddukki
This is actually the guitar that I've been dreaming of getting for the past two years or so! I'm so glad they came out with the faded series, even though it still is around $700. You are one lucky SOB if you get this guitar. Congrats and Rock ON.
snowboardalliance
Just got it a few days ago. Got a floor model (that's all they had) and it was like $660 out the door with a coffin case. The case is like hard but padded and not too big or wierd looking (better than the bag). The guitar is awesome compared to my strat. I do think that the bridge is a little high but I might adjust it later. Also, the strap button doesn't really hold well near the neck because of the wierd angle your strap goes, so I got strap locks and it works great. The only problem was the first strap locks (dunlop) had too big of a screw for the button on the neck so I exchanged them for Schallers which can use my original screw.
Wahwah Man
I'm a les paul person myself. If you're looking for something cheaper, possibly even better made, and beautiful you should check out the ESP line. they do alot of guitar copies that are so nice it would blow your mind.

plus they're made in korea so you can get a 2000 gibson for 700
soldeinvierno
If you like it, go for it! You, and only you have the final word when buying an instrument. You should feel comfortable with it.
ddmak
Hi!

I read about this vid in the NYTimes.
it's a good performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8
cyph33r
Black Ibanez 7-string guitar it the ultimate, Gibson's are nice too....
hsadmin
nice.. A couple months ago me and my bro went to guitar center, he got a gibson explorer, and I got an Ibanez RG 120 metallic blue
Sickness
Hi everyone!

I've got a '97 standard sg, and I think the faded sg is a very expensive guitar made with the worst Gibson's mahogany wood, and finished like a toy.

With that money you could have bought a good japanese guitar (Tokai, Edwards...), which are very well built nowadays...
Srs2388
Nice guitar... congrats
I've played one just like it in guitar center... awesome tone