FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Adding a save as feature

CanadianGeek
Sometimes when working on web pages, particularly PHP scripts, I find it would be more convenient if the pages had a save as feature. This way if we made an error in the script that we discover when we go to test it, we can immediately go back to the page and fix it. Maybe this isn't an issue if most of the users of frihost have high speed internet connections, but I'm on dialup and it takes forever to bring up any given file. Just a thought though.
snowboardalliance
Ummm, That's not really a server thing. If you are making php scripts, sounds like a better solution would be to make your new scripts with different names or something to test them. I'm not sure what you think frihost can do.
mathiaus
Your using Direct Admin I take it? I suggest a program on your end such as Dreamweaver so that it remains open. You load it once then upload and it's still on the screen. You'll also have many other options availible to you.
If your trying to get scripts to work you might want to try setting your PC up as a webserver (doesnt have to be accessible from the outside world). This way you just have to save the files on your pc and can test them without having to up/down-load saving on your bandwidth and speeding things up Smile
Blaster
But what about when you are doing change on the site and its minor but it can still be used in case of an amergancy or that type of thing. Very Happy