FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photography: flash nikon

cchantrain
I do not know where to post this, so I do it here. I plan to buy a flash for my digital camera Nikon D70. I hesitate between the Nikon SB600 and SB800. What is the most difference between these models and what is the ustility of the SB800 additional features ?
Rocky3478
Here is a very good comparision.... http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/sb600vs800.htm

I have used the SB-600 for the last year, and I really enjoy using it. Get one of these Omni-bouncers like the one that the SB-800 has for the SB-600 and then you're all set! Very Happy It really helps...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=359281&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
jbowie
cchantrain wrote:
I do not know where to post this, so I do it here. I plan to buy a flash for my digital camera Nikon D70. I hesitate between the Nikon SB600 and SB800. What is the most difference between these models and what is the ustility of the SB800 additional features ?

You can use the SB800 as a master device, and one or more SB600 as slave devices. In my opinion thats the greatiest differene between the two.
mimsxmassacre
I'd suggest the SB600 over the SB400 for a couple of reasons. My SB600 had a motorized zoom head that matches the focal length of my Nikon zoom lens, automatically. It also tilts vertically AND horizontally, which is very useful for those times when you want ceiling bounce flash and have turned the camera sideways.

The SB800 has more power and a few more features, but on a D40, it's capacities most likely wouldn't be appreciated for it's extra cost.