FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how do you worship God?

mikewould
how do you worship God?
S3nd K3ys
Perhaps a better question is "Do you worship God" then go on from there to ask "Which God".

Then and only then should you ask "How" Wink
loyal
I worship God through submission and prayer.

I am a Muslim and worship the God of the Jews/Christians/Muslims.
Soulfire
I am a Christian, I worship God AND Jesus through prayer, song, dance, pretty much anything... And celebrate the Eucharist each Sunday at Church.
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Perhaps a better question is "Do you worship God" then go on from there to ask "Which God".

I think he figured that only people who worship God would look at this thread, or have something to contribute.
mgumn
Three Pieces of Paper, Once Up, Once Down and Once To Polish.
nopaniers
By my life. It's not perfect, but it's all that I have.
deftech
Every day I chose to read and pray in the morning before I go to work. That keeps me going through out the day. I don't expect myself to be perfect but I strive for it daily.
palavra
http://www.dislam.org/content/view/209/35/
palavra
http://www.dislam.org/content/view/209/35/
yarali
with my heart
shuvo
yarali wrote:
with my heart

O...Yes, you should always pray to God from your heart...and if u dont, your prayer means nothing....!!!

Thanks
Shuvo.......
Deuc
loyal wrote:
I am a Muslim and worship the God of the Jews/Christians/Muslims.

I must unfortunately disagree with you with God being the same for the Muslim and for the Jew or Christian.

Muslims are strict monotheists correct? A Christian, though monotheistic, understands completely that God is actually three Persons, in One substance. This mystery as far as I understand it is completely foreign and offensive to a Muslim. Jesus was nothing more than a prophet, and can in no wise be "God".

Since our definition of God includes the Person of Jesus and the Holy Spirit, does a Muslim really worship the same god of as a Christian? I would guess no. A Christian worships Jesus as GOD and LORD. He is a Person of the Trinity (God in three Persons, yet One substance) and is worshiped with the Father and the Holy Spirit. I'm pretty sure it is nothing more than a nice ecumenical, "were all worshiping the same God" ploy.

So please correct me if I'm wrong, but Christians worship the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Muslims do not worship "this" aforementioned god.
bluedragon
christians worship whoever the hell they want.

i worship god and god's creation. oops, i am god's creation too. damn right i worship myself. we are all one with jesus. he is our brother. god is our father. wonderful analogy.

how do you expect to understand god through interpretation of human texts? the seventh-dimensional god is much greater than this third-dimensional physical realm.

back to christianity. i love christ. a true prophet. love and compassion. but he was human. why would god manifest godself in human form? god can't because god is much greater than that. jesus was very in tune with god. "one with" but then again we are all god. god is the greatest thing ever. so if god is the greatest and most maximum transcendant being, the beginning and the end alpha and omega, we must be part of him, since we are here in-between.

so to become a greater unity within god we must act as a united human race. not a united states. not united nations. we must become a united planet. we must face the fact that there is something greater and we must see beyond our three-dimensional "proof" because it is not helping us to understand god.

so how am i worshipping god right now? planetary service. unity in humanity. understanding, compassion, meditation, prayer, enlightenment, wisdom, spirituality, service, knowing that there is more and striving to find it with the help of my brothers and sisters with christ who knows god's way with mohammed who knows god's word with the buddha who knows god's mind... all human, all one with god ... and we can be too.
loyal
Deuc wrote:

I must unfortunately disagree with you with God being the same for the Muslim and for the Jew or Christian.

Peace be upon you.

They have the same God. YHWH is worshipped by Muslims, Christians, Jews.

Quote:

Muslims are strict monotheists correct? A Christian, though monotheistic, understands completely that God is actually three Persons, in One substance. This mystery as far as I understand it is completely foreign and offensive to a Muslim. Jesus was nothing more than a prophet, and can in no wise be "God".

Since our definition of God includes the Person of Jesus and the Holy Spirit, does a Muslim really worship the same god of as a Christian? I would guess no. A Christian worships Jesus as GOD and LORD. He is a Person of the Trinity (God in three Persons, yet One substance) and is worshiped with the Father and the Holy Spirit. I'm pretty sure it is nothing more than a nice ecumenical, "were all worshiping the same God" ploy.

So please correct me if I'm wrong, but Christians worship the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Muslims do not worship "this" aforementioned god.

Muslims worship YHWH, God the Father in your terms. We worship the same God. God the father is the main guy you are trying to worship. By worshipping Jesus, you understand that you are worshipping God.

may God bless you.
Shewolf
Just to answer the original question:
I worship him, as well as the Goddess, and the universe with my heart. I don't worship through prayer, as that seems wrong to me. How can you pray, and honor someone at the same time?
do worship, on the other hand, by music and art. And by sermonies, which fit in the moment.
Che
S3nd K3ys wrote:

I guess to that you could add... "Why" do you worship God? Wink
Shike
I worship the divine in us all, as well as in the world around us. I see the divine in many individual aspects, all of which work together to enlighten the world.

I venerate the Goddesses Briget and Cerridwen. (The goddess bridget, the same as the Saint Briget, is the Goddess of Smithcraft, Bardcraft, and Healing. Cerridwen is the Goddess of Knowledge.) These two goddesses grant me guidence, knowledge, and insight into myself, the world, and their motives.
the_mariska
Che wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:

I guess to that you could add... "Why" do you worship God? Wink

The question "Which God" appears senseless to me, as different religions are for me different ways of praising the same God.

There are even some people that worship the God not even knowing it, as long as they have a high aim in their lifes and dedicate their whole life to achieve it.

The answers to the question 'how' are as many, as many there are people in the world. There are big religious institutions that are to help you praising the God, very varied within even catholic church, not mentioning other churches and other religions. But what matter the most is your personal attitude and your personal contact with Him.

And why? Because at some moment we realise that we are a part of something bigger and more powerful than us. And that the life is worth living and dying for Something. And we realise that there exists something like true Love.

At least those, who has personally experienced Him. Like me.
palavra
http://pearls.org/index.php/content/view/661/53/

In the Qur'an we read, 'Say, 'O people of the book' (a term which

particularly refers to Jews and Christians) 'come to common terms as

between us and you: that we worship none but Allah; that we associate

no partners with Him (in His powers and divine attributes); that we erect

not from among ourselves lords and patrons other than Allah.' If then

they turn back say you 'Bear witness that we are Muslims.' (Bowing) to

the will of God." (al-i-Imran;3:64)
Nyasro
I'm Hindu and worship lots of God. It is believed to be have 33k Gods in Hindu religion.
Though I'm Hindu, I respect all religion & God too. And hate people who offer money and other things to change their religion.
spinout
I am not Hindu but polytheist - But since I am the largest God of them all... I rule them all Cool
Nilout
A lot of people have not come to fully understand what true worship is.

To worship God is to serve him with all your mind, your heart and strength.

Matthew 22:37 - - - You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

This also means that you must know Him to worship Him. How can you worship that which you do not know; this is the question Jesus asked the lady at the well.

John 4:21-22 - - - - Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Get to know God and you will understand who and why you worship Him. A personal relationship with God is the ultimate goal as He gave his only son Jesus to give us that opportunity.

John 3:16 - - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
playfungames
I go to a Hindu Temple nearby my house and light some oil lamps and take a round around that temple. I do it frequently.
BigGeek
I typically get up and first thing in the morning meditate for a half hour to an hour. I do not know if this qualifies as worship - however I love the way it feels to sit quietly for at least a half hour and shut off the internal thoughts to the best of my ability and sit there calmly and peacefully for a good half hour or more until my body fully awakens.

Funny thing is that after a very intense experience where I was out of my body and traveling through the universe - it dawned on me that almost everyone that describes a god or a religion is not even close, and how does any of us know that our experiences like the one I had and have had many times - how do we know that this is the experience of "God". How can any one truly know this. Any attempt to explain it or speak in words about it is futile. For something that is so awe inspiring and so powerful to the inner life of someone like me - how could that be used and twisted and used to write an ideology that allows one person to persecute, enslave, or murder another, simply because they do not share the same opinion about their experiences.

It dawned on my that day that ANYTHING that is written about any sort of a higher power, if there is one, is wrong, and way off base, and none if it has anything to do with what is truly out there and what any true spiritual person would experience. Any book that condemns any life form or any person and claims to be doing it in the name of god is just out right wrong.

It was after that experience and the fact that I do not know if it was just my mind playing tricks on me, or some sort of higher power teaching me about the universe - but it was after my experience that I came to the conclusion that there is no god, because if there was an intelligence to the universe - then how could it allow people to believe things that made them kill each other?

Anyhow that is what I do in the mornings before I start my day - not sure if it qualifies as worship or not?
SonLight
I'm not sure why or how this got moved to the faith forum, but I guess the original post would have been reasonable there if the forum had existed at the time.

As a committed Christian, I try to make Christ's pronouncement on the subject part of my everyday experience.

Quote:
Matthew 23:37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

I try to spend some time communicating with God and understanding Him. Most of my time is spent dealing with fellow-humans, God's final creations. I hope to be able to make life a little bit better for the majority of people I relate to.