FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is Winter like were you live?

Michael B
To me winter is the nicest time of the year. I is when you can were just what you wore in the middle of summer with out feeling hot. Just about all winter I have worn shorts and t-shirt.

Ok were do I live? Brisbane, Australia.

So yes, we don't have winter here. So can every one that dose tell me what it is like were winter really happens :P
Josso
Well in England it's quite good and just genereally gloomy. I'm not sure what it is but everyones un-happy in the winter and I don't enjoy it at all (or at least, less that the summer anyway). It's fun for the snow and other things but usually you can't go out and it's just depressing Sad
Vrythramax
I live right on the coast in New Bedford, MA. US, and the winters here couldn't exactly be called mild....but they are not as bad as many. Being right on the coastal front we have sea breezes all year (sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad). When we do get snow, it usually doesn't stay around long as there is alot of salt in the air.
Josso
Vrythramax wrote:
I live right on the coast in New Bedford, MA. US, and the winters here couldn't exactly be called mild....but they are not as bad as many. Being right on the coastal front we have sea breezes all year (sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad). When we do get snow, it usually doesn't stay around long as there is alot of salt in the air.

Wait, if there's actually quite a lot of salt in the air do you think that affects health? I've always wondered. They say having too much salt on your food is really bad but breathing it in all the time to some extent?
Helios
Israel. Winter is 17-23 degrees C.. a.k.a summer. Razz
HDirtwater
I moved to Florida (US) about 6 years ago, and I absolutely love the winters here. It gets as cold as 40(f) but as warm as 70-80 during the winter months. It's almost like spring/early fall in northern states. Of course, the summer kills me here. It's 95 degrees every single day with afternoon thunderstorms. This goes on from late May until September.

I do miss actual winter from when I lived in Chicago and New York. It never snows here, and there are no mountains to visit nearby. I'll gladly trade that in for our awesome winter months here in FL however.
Yjaxygames
In the Netherlands winter is cold, sometimes with snow.
alkady
One word, Hell. It's total chaos in Montreal because I live closer to the Northern Pole. It's freaking cold, The snow is Deep and if I'm lucky enough, Snow won't enter my Boots which happens 100% of the time. No matter if I get Long Boots or Short Boots, It's the same thing.

And worst, It doesnt take 10 Minutes for my face to get cold, Thin or thick gloves still doesn't fix the fact my hands are still cold.

I wish I was in a Warmer Place sometimes...
HoboPelican
I grew up on Lake Erie (about 42 degrees north) so winters were cold, 0F was not uncommon and in '94 we hit −20 F (−29 C). Being next to the lake we got a lot of lake effect snow, so we got plenty of snow, often 3-4 feet. I think the record was 68.9 in. (175.0 cm) in '96. It wasn't bad because we grew up in it. Sort of pretty, driving was fun. I remember as a young kid, my Dad would take me to empty parking lots and let me do doughnuts in the family car. I found out later, that was his way of teaching me how to drive in slick condiitons. It worked like a charm!

Anyway, I moved 100 miles south and the winters here suck. Very mild, so any snow turns to slush. Since real snow is rare, people here can't drive in it. Still cold enough you have to wear heavy clothes. Yuck. As soon as I can talk my wife into, I'm heading for the desert.
Aless
In Texas it's pretty mild except for those 5 days out of the year where it actually freezes and goes damned cold on you. Our winters are generally fairly dry, so at least when it is cold, it's not so miserable.

When I lived in England, it was the worst winter. Not quite cold enough to be exciting, but wet & miserable. Wet cold is the kind that gives you the worst chill.
The_Gamer294
I live in New England, New Hampshire to be exact, and winter here sucks... Its freezing cold and theres alot of snowstorms which push school even farther into the summer. the worst part is they dont even have air conditioning Sad
xframe
Buffalo NY.....two words...lake effect
Alienz
Too bad, over here don't have 4 seasons Sad All it has is either rain or sunny.
NjRocket
very cold, filled with snow usually. Its a normal winter season i guess, better than california or florida lol
riv_
It gets very cold up here in Northwestern Canada. We get a cold snap of -30C or colder every year, and the winter's are long. It often starts snowing in October, and the snow stays on the ground from November till April or May.
But you know, I live here on purpose. It's so beautiful when it's cold. The sky is the most incredible blue, the air is still, and the sun is
so bright when it's too cold for clouds and it's reflecting off all that snow and ice.
I wouldn't trade it for all the world. Beats the snot out of those rainy, cludy dark winters!
Vrythramax
The amount of salt intake you ingest through your food is vastly differant than the small amount in the air. I have no clue as to it's long term effects, but people have been living, and working here (also using much more salt to salt the fish, this is a fishing community) for about 300 years and I don't know of any "salt related poisonings".
Soulfire
I'm in Michigan - and winter can get cold. Average temperatures for winter range from 40 degrees in November, 30 in December, and in the 20s for January through February. Back up to the 30s in March, then it warms into hot summers.

I like the 4 seasons extreme variety. We go from snowstorms and blizzards to tornadoes in literally weeks, and it's that change that keeps me here. You never know what the weather will be like tomorrow. One day in January it was 61 degrees here, the next it was 32. Always keeps you on your toes.

And besides, I love snow. On average, we get quite a lot of it, enough to close school a few days (usually 3-5 days of the year).
alkady
The_Gamer294 wrote:
I live in New England, New Hampshire to be exact, and winter here sucks... Its freezing cold and theres alot of snowstorms which push school even farther into the summer. the worst part is they dont even have air conditioning Sad

You too? Just this year, I must have lost 4 Ped. Days because of the Winter Storm that pushed back the Exams and the General Teaching Strike.
Tatsumaru
Soggy and wet haha. Winter is great when it's snowing and the lands are painted white, but here it just isn't any fun. Last time we had a good amount of snow was some years ago.
hack_man_
In the UAE it is still quite warm but is a welcome relief from the sweltering summer.

No snow. Sad

But it was snowing last winter out in the mountains for the first time in 50 years! Now it snows every night, all year round thanks to Ski Dubai!

Back home in the UK it is freezing in the winter! Where I am in Scotland, we don't get snow often but rather mucky snow, not white snow. No idea why! Razz
R2.DETARD
Stuttgart, Germany is horrible.
Coming from Wagga Wagga, Australia,
snow isn't welcomed into my life. especially the slush it turns into 5 mins after it hits the ground.
Give me 48 C anytime.
edallica
weather here is generally the same as the summer. wet.

thats unfiar really this summer has actually been quite good. we get snow sometimes but it never lasts that long.
ocalhoun
We don't have winter where I live: we only have summer and fall.
KernEnergie
In North of France it's...rainy.
You should know that where I live, Autumn and Winter are mixed and starts in August. It starts raining all day long, with a lot of wind, sometimes in January there's a bit of snow.
nilsmo
I like winter because school often gets cancelled because of a bit of nice, wet snow. Perfect for snowballs.
Helios_155
i live in england. we have summer for about 3 days in july. the rest of the time its rainy, cold and cloudy. so winter is not that different from the rest of the year
Hammy
I live in england too, i like winter because i like going out in the snow.. I dont really like it at school though because everything throughs snowballs, and im never in the mood at school lol.

It's beginning to suck htough because it never snows on christmas and it's starting to be in end of january.. start of febuary before it start snowing Sad

I dont mind british weather tho Smile
Vanilla
When we talk about Brazil (the place that I live), we think of tropical beaches, sun, women tanning... Well, Brazil is really big, and we even got snow in here! I live in a city near So Paulo (our biggest city), and right know is cold out there. Something about 15 celsius. Ok, it doesn't seems to be really cold right now... In the other hand, there are another cities that are really hot all the time. Corumb is a good example. It's a city near Bolvia, and the temperature is almost over 40 celsius. Sometimes it's over 50, even in winter!

We here don't have four seasons here, only two: the rainy and the dry one.
jaleung
here in Hong Kong, winter is not as chilly as that of other countries, but is already very cold for me Smile
izcool
Winter is hell around Chicago (where I live).

People drive like crazy, and it's not rare for you to see chairs in front of people's houses claiming parking spaces.

I took this a few years ago when I lived in my old town (a suburb of Chicago). I now live far more north near Wisconsin, but I still frequent to the Chicagoland area every weekend.

This is when the snow is melting and where we start to see spring.

- Mike.
Vrythramax
As I said before, our winters can be either a bitch or rather easy...but all in all, I like the winter. Sure the ladies wear much more clothing, but I like the cold on my face, and the falling snow....so pretty, and it seems to quiet everything down a bit....until you have shovel out your car Sad

Call me strange Confused
kung_fu_stu
sometimes you just never know in Canada. It could be a mild winter with hardly any snow, or it could be stupid cold and snow all day.
CanadianGeek
I live about 30 miles (50 kilometers) inland in the province of New Brunswick, Canada. Winters where I live as far as I know tend to be awful. I moved here at the end of last winter so I can only rely on what people tell me. But I do know this, where I live, due to the geography of the area, receives some of the highest annual snowfalls in the world. However, temperatures rarely go below -10 degrees celsius, so I guess that's a trade off.
wombatrpgs
Hm... I live in New England, so things tend not to be terrible, but just a tad unpredictable. I sort of enjoy the weather. But yes, shovelling out the car is not exactly my idea of a fun morning.
Tvis
Mexico City...

Winter here is excellent...sun every day. It get's really nice during the day, however in the night it might get a little fresh. So it is wise to bring a sweater if you know you will get back home late.

Summer here means rain...fortunately not all day, but almost every day between May and September. Good thing is that most of the time the day actually starts with sun and around 15-16h its starts raining until late at night. The morning is sunny again then...
point4design
I just moved to South Carolina (Hilton Head Island) last year and experienced my first winter. It was really mild compared to the tons of snow I'm use to in Utah. But I really enjoy warm weather so it was a nice change for me.
sraya
since it's summer here in Israel i miss winter alot... Oh, I LOVE winter!! There is no snow here, but there is rain and I KILL FOR RAIN. I like to smoke in the rain... it's the best. better than sex really. OH... and the chill... oh... IT'S SO FRIKING HOT HERE!!

winter... Oh... SOON...
shwetanshu
I live in New Delhi, India ... very much fog here and the temp max drops here to 16c
borud
I live in Norway and we can have some pretty extreme winters up here.

(First of all to make one thing clear: Polarbears do not walk around in the streets in Norway like many people think. Actually I don't think we have polarbears at main part of Norway. But the are an Island wich is a part of Norway that do contain a lot of the bears.)

But back to the winter:

Last winter we had about 6-7 feet of snow in alomost four months and I must say that you get pretty tired of shoveling snow 3 times a day for several weeks.

Sometimes I wish I just lived in Florida or something Cool
izcool
borud wrote:
Sometimes I wish I just lived in Florida or something Cool

You know, I've always wondered that. If you live in Florida, is it a vacation every day ? Confused

- Mike.
tlambert
I live in Antwerp, Belgium. Winter is (quite) cold, -5 C +5 C with a lot of wind, rain and sometimes snow. Days are extremely short, which makes you wake up in the dark, go to work and come back home in the dark.

I'm not exactly a winter's person, spring and summer are my favourites.
Vrythramax
I lived in Florida (Vero Beach) for awhile....I couldn't stand it. The humidity was at 100% every day and I thought I was gonna have a stroke. I couldn't wait to get back to my homestate (Massachusetts) and see some change in the seasons.
scorpiosemotion
I live in the Sacramento area (california) and our winter is mild compared to most others, the coldest we get is in the 20'sF and the rain, well it rains but eh I like it Smile
Vrythramax
scorpiosemotion wrote:
I live in the Sacramento area (california) and our winter is mild compared to most others, the coldest we get is in the 20'sF and the rain, well it rains but eh I like it Smile

Hey Scorp,

I was always undet the impression thay CA. was a very hot state. My brother lives in AZ., and he tells me horro stories about how hot it is....am I wrong about your state?
SumPersonGuy
It's really good here. I liive in the Bay Area FTW! It never gets colder than 40 degrees, usually never gets under 60. I always wear shorts ad a t-shirt even in the snow so nothing really bothers me.
jabapyth
Vrythramax wrote:

Im in MA, as well, but little farther inland. the snow stays for weeks at a time, although some years we hardly get any. The only thing it does consistantly is cold.
allanxiao
In my city, the winter is terrible. Usually it's around -30 ~ -15 degree C. The worst thing is that the snow mixed with the dust in the air, which makes everywhere really dirty. But it looks good just after snowing.
Vrythramax
jabapyth wrote:
Im in MA, as well, but little farther inland. the snow stays for weeks at a time, although some years we hardly get any. The only thing it does consistantly is cold.

Welcome nieghbor! Very Happy I was actually born in Boston, but grew up in Brockton....so I know exactly what you are saying Smile
Rev` -
In winter, here in Istria there are 0 degrees everywhere, it never get cold as in zagorje or someother place (-20)
djcaution
HA! Prepare to all be owned. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Also known as Winterpeg, Manitscoldout, Canada... we're known for our nice hot summers but they last a whole 2 months, the rest of the year is hardcore cold. The standard winter temperature including windchill here is -40 degrees CELSIUS. (we deal with celsius over here, have no idea what that is in fahrenheit). It sucks. It's great fun tricking americans who've never seen a real winter before into believing funny stuff though. Like SNOW SNAKES!! Gotta watch out for those, they're feisty little buggers.
ItsWesley
Winters pretty boring where I live, as we hardly ever get snow because we're so near to the sea, yet its still really cold.
scorpiosemotion
Vrythramax wrote:
scorpiosemotion wrote:

Hey Scorp,

I was always undet the impression thay CA. was a very hot state. My brother lives in AZ., and he tells me horro stories about how hot it is....am I wrong about your state?

Eh, we topped out this year at 119 during the summer, I think.. but we only get a week or two with those temps... Down in Southern Cali in the desert they get hotter than hell but we have a mix of climates here just depends on which Local you visit.
Demiah
damn.. you all talkin about those winters in Canada and so,,,..
well let me tell u ppl, i live in Syberie (and dont ask how did i learn English and Dutch).. and winters here are like.. -50 C is the hottest it gets in the winter... well lame that u cant look under chicks skirts andso... but ahwell...
it begins to snow here in late September....
well its still somethin as the summer can be as hot as 35 C

anyways.. juss make ur meanin... lol
portalazul
Saudos desde chile
Vrythramax
portalazul wrote:
Saudos desde chile

Please use English, or post in the proper language forum.
Blaster
Aless wrote:
In Texas it's pretty mild except for those 5 days out of the year where it actually freezes and goes damned cold on you. Our winters are generally fairly dry, so at least when it is cold, it's not so miserable.

When I lived in England, it was the worst winter. Not quite cold enough to be exciting, but wet & miserable. Wet cold is the kind that gives you the worst chill.

So 40 degrees is cold Confused

Where i live in PA close to Philly we get the wind from the Deleware river (its about 5 to 10 miles away from where i live i can litterly see the bridge from my house. On average its like 20 degrees. This summer the lowest it was getting was like 30 degrees. But when i went to flordia the one year duing the time of new years the averge tempature was like 40 degrees and we where there in like long pants and long sleeve shirts when the locals are in jackets with scraves. In 30 degree weather i was wearing a hoddie and a short sleve shirt with long pants. Winters here are arn't that bad thats what i think at least. 30 degrees is nothing to me.
pll
alkady wrote:
One word, Hell. It's total chaos in Montreal because I live closer to the Northern Pole. It's freaking cold, The snow is Deep and if I'm lucky enough, Snow won't enter my Boots which happens 100% of the time. No matter if I get Long Boots or Short Boots, It's the same thing.
And worst, It doesnt take 10 Minutes for my face to get cold, Thin or thick gloves still doesn't fix the fact my hands are still cold.
I wish I was in a Warmer Place sometimes...

I live in qubec city!!! (Near montreal) Here it's the same thing it's cold cold cold!

Sometimes we get -30 Celsius!
Bockman
Demiah wrote:
damn.. you all talkin about those winters in Canada and so,,,..
well let me tell u ppl, i live in Syberie (and dont ask how did i learn English and Dutch).. and winters here are like.. -50 C is the hottest it gets in the winter... well lame that u cant look under chicks skirts andso... but ahwell...
it begins to snow here in late September....
well its still somethin as the summer can be as hot as 35 C

anyways.. juss make ur meanin... lol

just to say one thing... after this.. I'm sorry everyone, but anything up to -30 C is mild.. really mild winter.

Here in Portugal the winter is very hot (using the comparison table given by Demiah). Most of the time the temperatures don't go below 5 C, except for "Serra de Estrela" (it's a mountain) and some more northern places where we may go -5 C or so.

I don't dislike our winters here, because i know that although i'm freakin' cold in the winter, i could be a lot worse.

Demiah, one last question. How do you manage to have enough Vodka to go through the winter?

Be Well Cool
Darkjohn20
winter in maryland is pretty cold
I like it more than summer because at least you are not hot.
Winter is fun for my kids so i like it more...so does my wife
martichka
Hello everybody!

Well, winter in Canada is the ''Real Winter'' (Depends where you live but its moreless same everywhere)

In Canada, there are 4 seasons, so we have everything and when winter comes, its really cold... when summer comes, it's really hot...

When winter come, I'm really happy, because during summer, if it's too hot, altough you are naked, you will be hot, but during the winter, if it's too cold, you can wear hot clothes and you feel well ... and the nights, you sleep really really well Very Happy Laughing

I wish that everyone here could at least live in an place where there are winter!

Good luck!

Tommy.
windrei
" were " ?? well i am still living in the same place, Hong Kong. Here the winter is not cold at all... just around 10 degrees. i think it's fine for me. There is no snow. i have never seen snow in my life.

But i prefer summer more. i don't like cold weather ~
blackheart
Well... in Melbourne, it rains sporadicaly about every second day, and is anywhere from about 7 to 20 degrees.

You need jumpers, but it isn't that cold. I guess...
_-WU-_-TANG-_
Winter here can be pretty harsh. Some winters we have so much snow and so many snow days we have to goto school deep into the summer. It sucks sometimes but then again snow days are awsome.
AdamantMonk
Yap this is pretty much my winters here:

(pic was taken in Oct, got up to 2 feet or so by nightfall, melted into a 65F day)

They get brisk with the wind... Makes working at night in a truck without Heating suck. Last winter there was a few inches of snowfall though I can say this year will be several feet. (blame the nino)

I remember one year the snow took out a powerline that went over the road to my house... no electricity, no school, no escape, for 2 weeks... defining cabin fever.

I am oh so glad to not have to live in a place like Norway... heh
guissmo
Winter here is just a fantasy.

No winter in the Philippines. -sob-

No winter breaks. Just occasional cancellation of classes due to storm.
Karl
In Denmark the temperature is between -5 to 5 degrees celcius sometimes snow but most of the time it melts away in a couple of days.

So wet, cold and dark but sometimes it is nice when there is no clouds and the sun is shining and the temperature is right to walk in the forest and feel the chill in the face.
m00tmuffin
I live in Minnesota in the US, and winters can get preeeeetty nasty up here. Standing outside waiting for the bus in 5-10 degrees Farenhiet is no fun. Razz And since we're so used to it, we rarely--if ever!--get snow days, which really sucks. But looking forward to spring and summer is all that gets me through the worst of our winters, haha, they make up for it by far.
Vrythramax
@m00tmuffin

I have heard the winters can get really nasty where your at. Is it as windy as I hear too?
-+Enigma_84958+-
winter where i live is very cold and harsh, we get alot of snow
quartnee
I love wintertime in Georgia, my only real complaint is that the snow doesn't last that long, and it's never enough. I admit it gets awfully cold, and you'd be out of luck if your heater broke, but I still love it. Too me it's a beautiful sight, with all the leaves changing color and the season decoration setting up everywhere.. Very Happy

I remember when I lived in California, it was so disappointing because "winter" was just mildy cooler than summer. I remember my first year there it was like the middle of November, and it hit me that essentially it was winter time. I couldn't even tell. Confused
Dan7592
Winter is winter. No way to describe it.
Karl
Dan7592 wrote:
Winter is winter. No way to describe it.

That takes the prize for the most stupid thing I have heard this year.
I would recommend you to bring your skis and cold weather equipment to hawaii or some the Canary Islands. Because winter is winter... fool
Vrythramax
@Karl

Your response is just rude, please try to curb yourself. If you don't like a topic, or post, just move on....it's only text.
hyderabad
here it is good only as winter cant have so much cold
and it is now rainy season here
Hitman.
I live in Florida. There is no snow but cold weather in the moring hours. I lived in las vegas for 12 years of my childhood. It only snowed once in Las vegas while i was there. But we could have always gone up to Mount Charleston.
snowboardalliance
Michael B wrote:
To me winter is the nicest time of the year.

Me too. In Michigan we get snow and I love snowboarding. Too bad global warming is screwing things up though, because last winter, we hardly got any snow.
Srs2388
lots of cold weather, icy conditions and some snow... its awesome Very Happy
Vrythramax
Hitman. wrote:
I live in Florida. There is no snow but cold weather in the moring hours. I lived in las vegas for 12 years of my childhood. It only snowed once in Las vegas while i was there. But we could have always gone up to Mount Charleston.

I spent a Christmas in FL. and it snowed on the eve, didn't stay arond for long, but it was impressive non-the-less.
ThornsOfSorrow
I live in Connecticut in the United States and although the winter isn't as bad as some places, it can get pretty cold and snowy here.
Hitman.
Vrythramax wrote:
Hitman. wrote:

I spent a Christmas in FL. and it snowed on the eve, didn't stay arond for long, but it was impressive non-the-less.

you must have been up north near the border of the state. I have never been up there. but it can get down to 25 up there.
Vrythramax
@Hitman

Actually I was just outside of Daytona in Edgewater, FL., and was pretty cold that night...not like the NorthEast States, but cold by thier standards.
ClanUA
winter here is really awesome we usually get 6-8 inches in minnesota.. but sometimes we get nothing.. which is stupid but if u get a really nice year with alot of snow its awesome to snow board and whatnot.
Hitman.
Vrythramax wrote:
@Hitman

Actually I was just outside of Daytona in Edgewater, FL., and was pretty cold that night...not like the NorthEast States, but cold by thier standards.

wow, that was probably a cold week. maybe a weird pattern change in the weather. it rarely gets really cold,thats not in the big ben.
Vrythramax
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
I live in Connecticut in the United States and although the winter isn't as bad as some places, it can get pretty cold and snowy here.

You live in Conn.? Seems we are almost nieghbors, which is cool....we need more artists in the area. Wink
ThornsOfSorrow
I guess we are. I've actually been to Mass. a couple times to see shows, since we get none in Connecticut. I like it there. And to avoid dragging the whole thread off-topic, I'll end it at that. Very Happy
izimngcubes15
Warm, hot, dry, and mostly boring. I wish it would snow more in Texas.... -.-
rein
Here in Belgium it get's kinda cold in winter (below 0C). Lakes freeze over, the days get shorter and the weather is grey and bleak but it doesn't snow here every year. If it does the snow usually doesn't last long.
I can count the white christmasses i've had in my life on one hand.
damj
I live near Buffalo New York. Here is a picture taken Oct. 13 at the airport. Do I need to say any more?

Usually we don't snow like this until december ... this was a freak storm. Funny thing ... some areas 2 feet ... others nothing.
bigdan
Hmmmm....an Australian winter in the Upper Hunter Valley of NSW...

Reasonabily mild I'd say. It does get cold, but doesn't snow down at our level. Up Barrington Tops, yes it snows a bit.
eku53ru
The winter in the area I live in the States is pretty boring. The weather's supposedly pleasant all year round, so I never see a hint of snow--hail, yes, but no snow. There aren't any natural disasters where I live, either (aside from earthquakes, that is). The weather has never dropped below zero degrees Fahrenheit, and I think the lowest I've ever seen the weather on a winter day is around forty or so.
Vrythramax
izimngcubes15 wrote:
Warm, hot, dry, and mostly boring. I wish it would snow more in Texas.... -.-

Go through a winter having to get up 2 hours early to shovel out your car because the city snowplows buried it overnight, and it's still snowing, with just a small heater in your place to warm you up a little before you go back out for work, and you'll be happy to go back to texas....and never wish for snow again.
sodredge
Vrythramax wrote:

Go through a winter having to get up 2 hours early to shovel out your car because the city snowplows buried it overnight, and it's still snowing, with just a small heater in your place to warm you up a little before you go back out for work, and you'll be happy to go back to texas....and never wish for snow again.

Been there the area is called The Catskills, though we did not have the small heater. In this case you go and get an old Dodge truck put a plow on it and park it the night before at the top of the mountain. The when the snow is right at about 3 or 4ft like normal in upstate drop the plow face the truck towards the slope of the mountain and gun it. The momentum of gravity and the gas makes a sweet downhill driveway. Then all we have to do is dig the cars to the new driveway instead of all the freak way to the street. Everything goes fine, well that is till Mr Plow comes back and digs everyone back in . Plows are gifts from the anti-christ.

Luckily for me FL does not snow, got to love swimming on Christmas morning. Laughing