FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

magazine advertising

danito
hello kids, I make a magazine here in copenhagen, we are now on our 5th issue and advertising revenue is very very difficult to get hold of right now, we have a few repeat advertisers from previous issues, but since we went white/legal our printing costs have more than doubled, and therefore so have advertising rates. does anyone have any advice on how to get new advertisers or any offers we can give them to sweeten the deal? At present we have budgeted to allow ourselves to take 20% off the list price if necesary to secure ads. however, like fishing, it feels like we need to change the bait. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
GameFreak
I don't mean to sound rude or anything and I have nothing against you. I just have one question:
Why did you use the word 'kids'?
alkady
^Gamefreak,

It's just an expression. Like, Hey Everybody or Howdy Ho.

@Danito

In business there is one equation that determines how many advertisers you can it. The equation is:

"Cost of Advertising divided by the Numbers of Issues Sold"

so say you sold 1,000 copies and it cost $100 to advertise, It would cost $0.10 per head.

But for $100 you can get better advertising on Metropolitan Classifieds.

My suggestion to you is to either go back to the original paper or Perhaps work on Promoting your Magazine.

Right now, I'm presumming your magazine is just starting to grow? And in the early stage, It's critical to understand that you cannot get big time advertisers if you magazine doesnt spell big time oppourtunity.