FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Programming

h4x0r
Hello,
im new in this Board Wink
I realy love programming.
php/mysql, html/css/javascript...
you too? Smile
Your sincerely,
h4x0r.
Jaime
I'm learn to programming, i like php, but i need to know mysql.
paulbarter
Programming rocks! Its like being able to build a house in an hour! You have great tools and a computer that will do what you want it to, at the speed of light! Trouble is you have to know how to get the computer to understand you and be very specific. But at least if you get it right, there are no misunderstandings - unlike with people!

I enjoy front end and back end programming, but sometimes the hassle of gettting the look and feel right is just not worth it! At least in the back end department, its all about the code - like in the matrix!

By the way, does anyone have any links to good php and MySql tutorials? I am interested to start.

Thanks! Wink
FunDa
Ya ... Programming is like the power of creation right at your fingertips - really cool and powerful.

When u make something on your own there is a special kind of inner satisfaction - the knowledge that u can change the world or something.

U'll enjoy it dude, and addicted to programming.

All d best
SlowWalkere
I love working with computers too, but I always seem to go through phases. I was on again off again with it for a few years, then spent a few years learning C/C++ (in school), and then got out of it for a few years again.

But now I needed to make a website (a small thing, for some people I know in real life, but that needed to be dynamic), so I've come to Frihost and I'm learning php/mysql. I was surprised at how easy it was to do what I wanted. I always thought web programming would be a bit tougher... but thankfully its not. =)

As for tutorials, I mainly used http://www.hudzilla.org/phpbook/index.php. It was clear and concise and fairly exhaustive. I also used php.net (for random php functions/syntax) if something wasn't in the book. When all else fails, do a search on google for your problem and dozens of other little tutorials will come up that can help you.

- Walkere
S3nd K3ys
Programming is fun.

I know a few languages.

Batch (more powerful than many people realize)
Basic and most it's derivitives including Visual Basic and VB.Net and VBA and VBS
CSS
Javascript
HTML
PSP (some)
MP (Mastercam CAD/CAM Post Processor language. Similar to C or VB)

Haven't done anything in C/C++ yet, as there hasn't been anything I've needed to do that I couldn't do with VB. I'd still like to learn it, just because.
Winterborne
I like programming, though i'm more of a graphics person.

I can do a little bit of C+ and more of Visual Basic. I'm also pretty good at HTML.
DopeyCriz
Programming is cool indeed.

I know Ruby.
Learning the rest.

~DopeyCriz
marcmgeronimo
I have learned programming by myself. The first programming language that I have learned was Turbo Basic, then I learned C, then Java then almost everything about web stuffs. Now I work as an IT Consultant because of this. I really have no formal trainings and skills are mostly self learned.

And now that the internet can almost provide me with every information I need, there is no need to buy books. Just by browsing ang googling I can find tutorials and helps.
Cibes
yeah, that's really great about programming, you dont have to buy anything and get all you need on the internet. But you learn a lot and have fun. I'm really fascinated what you can do with a computer so I started programming some years ago.
largelyobscure
Yeah, programming is pretty cool. The Internet is a great tool for finding out about it. When I first wanted to learn more about JavaScript, I found all kinds of useful information about it and plenty of examples and templates and ideas.

Now there is more information out there than ever.

I would really like to learn PHP and Perl; I've seen a bit online for it but haven't researched it a whole lot yet.
qbawler311
Programming > SuperAwesome
billys
Cibes wrote:
yeah, that's really great about programming, you dont have to buy anything and get all you need on the internet. But you learn a lot and have fun. I'm really fascinated what you can do with a computer so I started programming some years ago.

The same happens over here!
Mr. McCoy
i love programming too!!

i mostly work with php, and abit html (who dosen't?)

i would like to learn some more about MySQL, couse i find it abit difficoult sometimes!

<3 PHP <3

McCoy
qbawler311
Mr. McCoy wrote:
i love programming too!!

i mostly work with php, and abit html (who dosen't?)

i would like to learn some more about MySQL, couse i find it abit difficoult sometimes!

<3 PHP <3

McCoy

sql is very easy, I find it strange many people on this board who have mastered php have trouble with sql.

A good way to practice with queries is to download a sample database into MySQL then use dbVisualizer (free tool, but very useful) to write and test queries on the db.
songsalways
I love programming! actually its my profession.
I do work in PHP/MySQL, ASP, Java often. But i have sound knowledge of few other languages as well:
C, C++, Visual C++, JavaScript, VBScript, Visual Basic, PL-SQL, and databases like : Oracle, Access, SQL-Server etc.

PHP is my favourite!
Maryndor
My friend (a DJ) once said : "It`s great to do a well paid hobby". Well I started programming (Web & Software Developement) as hobby it was fun and sometime got money and most important got a lot of friends. Unfortunately that hobby just fade to a proffesion. There`s still some fun, but with deadlines, that`s somethink like "must-to-do" job and the hobby sense was just washed out.

Well I don`t wanna warn you, but just writing a short story... Enjoy the programming when it`s still hobby. Wink
deStructuralized
Programming's fun.

I learned basic HTML and C++ when I was in middle school, 'cause I was interested in making my own websites and basic video games. In high school it got phased out of me as I got more interested in things like public speaking and competitive debate.

Right now I'm learning SAS for work. Anyone else here have experience with it? It's a data processing language used primarily by the government and some research organizations.
thealpha
I only know pascal, haha?
It is out-dated?
actualeffection
Yes programming is > lots of things, =P.

I'm taking a course to learn how to program in Java currently. But in terms of programming I can program javascript, HTML, some C++ and some C#. Smile I might go to college to become a computer programmer and then work for a software company or a gaming company. Whatever one I so desire when the time comes, lol. Of course, becoming a website designer is also another option I'm weighing. Considering making websites is the shiznit.
Petee
I really want to learn how to program. I think that it would be awesome (and very frustrating at times too!) to be able to create a program from scratch. I have tried to do some C++, Visual Basic, along with some web based programming. I just haven't taken the time yet to really learn how to do it correctly yet Razz
okullar
I am intrested in programming but sometimes, it gets boring... Codes become longer, algoritms messed up... after all, minds get confused... again and again... Shocked

By the way, these things need much time with computer, then you get like this: http://caliptrix.ueuo.com/news.php?readmore=50

Smile)
Yes, maybe some day, i will be like that... (I hope I wont! Smile Very Happy )
NooBix
Maryndor wrote:
My friend (a DJ) once said : "It`s great to do a well paid hobby". Well I started programming (Web & Software Developement) as hobby it was fun and sometime got money and most important got a lot of friends. Unfortunately that hobby just fade to a proffesion. There`s still some fun, but with deadlines, that`s somethink like "must-to-do" job and the hobby sense was just washed out.

Well I don`t wanna warn you, but just writing a short story... Enjoy the programming when it`s still hobby. Wink

Its VERY VERY true indeed. I do prgramming as a hobby (C++ PHP Mysql etc. etc.). It was very interesting to play around with the computer and stuff like that. But one day my teacher came and told me to do some things for the school. I HATED IT and I still haven't got the motivation to finish it yet... Started about 6 months ago though.

Conclusion: Programming is cool. Deadlines are not.
aneotoena
NooBix wrote:
Maryndor wrote:

Its VERY VERY true indeed. I do prgramming as a hobby (C++ PHP Mysql etc. etc.). It was very interesting to play around with the computer and stuff like that. But one day my teacher came and told me to do some things for the school. I HATED IT and I still haven't got the motivation to finish it yet... Started about 6 months ago though.

Conclusion: Programming is cool. Deadlines are not.

Yup, programming for fun is great, but you have to keep it as a hobby. Programming as a job is incredibly stressing is not just about deadlines but also programming stuff that does not motivates you, even stuff in which you are not interested at all.

I do a little of programming too(C++, PHP, VB, VB.Net, Pascal (yup, kind of old XD))
Peterssidan
I Know some Java. C++. and actionscript in flash.
If you want to play a game I have done as a school work it here:
http://www.uploadhut.com/upload/147322.zip
meetul
h4x0r wrote:
Hello,
you too? Smile
Your sincerely,
h4x0r.

Programming is my passion too. I know many languages and I am learining .NET these days.
You may contact me if you need help in Quick Basic, C, C++, Visual Basic, Visual C++, ASP, PHP, java, javascript and vbscript.
And in databases, I can help you with MS Access, My SQL, MS Sql and Oracle.
I would love to program if you have any project for me Smile
Nikkori
I love programming too. I'm an intermediate C/C++ Programmer and a beginner Assembly Language Programmer...
My web-based language is JavaScript.
Nikkori
I love programming too. I'm an intermediate C/C++ Programmer and a beginner Assembly Language Programmer...
My web-based language is JavaScript.
titiankaba
hi guys,
do you know where can i get script of PHP?
tx for your help.
yy1124
I have much interest in programming too, some way...

I know Java, C#, PHP/ASP(Scripting) and a few others...

But recently I only work with plsql...sigh, its been a while since I do other languages
hunterm
I was a web developer for some time, way back when it was just html and javascript ( I know that's not strictly programming) but I absolutely loved it. Then it got a lot more complicated so I moved on. But I've just got back into it with a little c# program I'm working on. I don't know much about this php stuff but I think I'll give it a shot when Ihave some time.
Cibes
If you've worked with another programming language before php is really simple to learn! The basics are the same in every language and php is not too complex after all.
I'm doing some stuff with C# too. Cool, seems like quite a lot of people are learning it now!
Neumaennl
I'm a student of computer science in the seventh semester and I gotta say that I love Java but I absolutely hate C/C++ with a passion Twisted Evil
C# is ok, too and I did a website for a company including an onlineshop from scratch in PHP/MySQL - was quite fun, too
In the first few semesters we had to program in Scheme - what a crazy language!
zyee
i only know c , and little bit of c++, and i know nothing about web programming.

i am currently looking for a php tutorials, any suggestion, a books or a tutorials site.

and ya, i wonder which program you all used when you all compose a script? i used macromedia dreamwaver to compose html ( i only know a basic about HTML ), and dev-c for c programming, hjow about you all?
MetalFaith
Seeing as how computers are the future, i really want to learn to work with the different programming languages. I have been bouncing around and just briefly looking over different courses and such, and they all seem pretty difficult. I guess my best bet will be to really dedicate myself and try to work at it regualary, Don't see that happening anytime soon though. Confused
test32rota
Nobody likes python ?
PatTheGreat42
I need to learn some programming I can do on my own computer - I've got PHP down, but I never get around to reading my copy of Java for Dummies. So... much... apathy.
hunterm
Things have changed since I was at uni. We started structured programming with ADA, then assembly language (which I absolutely hated), then smalltalk.

No-one had heard of Java, and that was only about 10 years ago. Things move fast in computing!
indianinworld
Though many Programming Languages are there in the markets catering to different Domains - Needs and Requirements, C and C++ are still very few of the BEST languages in the Market.

Currently JAVA has a very good market. And ofc, Dot NET too.

When i did my graduation, i got a PC thinking that I SHOULD LEARN MORE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES and Shoule be a Master in ONE PARTICULAR Language. But i ended up with Playing Games Laughing .

GWBASIC was the First ever programming that i coded personally during my Higher Secondary Education. But during then - The Fancy thing was to give BIG SHOW OFF's by coding a Graphical Program that will RUN for some time.

OFC - Now iam in the Middle Level career of a Programmer working for a Leading Service Provider.

Happy Programming Razz and Keep Smiling
Iaxx
DUDE IF ANY ONE KNOWS A WEBSITE THAT COULD HELP ME WITH OO PROGRAMMING PLEASE SEND IT MY WAY. i just started to take that class and im freaking scared out of my mind. it didnt seem to hard and i have taken another C++ class but still i have to re write a program for my object oreinted class with out using and booleon expressions yeah thats like all i used in my other class so i have no freaking clue what the heck im about to do. any help would be GREAT

I
A
X
X
Billwaa
I like to program in GML. The Game Maker Language. TI-Basic and Blitz is also pretty good. Man, that TI-BAISC help me out so much in school. Cheat using calculator. Interactive C is ok, for programming handyboard, MIT Robotic stuffs...
azbuky
h4x0r wrote:
Hello,
you too? Smile
Your sincerely,
h4x0r.

Hey! I don't mean to be cruel, but these are not programming languages, they are more like scripting languages... Mark-up languages... If you really wanna feel the programming virus, try C++, C#, Java and things like this...
fiendskull9
Quote:
Nobody likes python ?

I do!

My main language for a long time was RealBasic.
But lately i've been switching between Ruby and C#

-clay
frozenhead
Visual Basic (2005)
Code:

Public Function returnSomethingGarbage() As String
    Dim m_garbage as String ="" , m_ctr as Short, value as Short
           Randomize()
           value = CInt(Int((6 * Rnd()) + 1))
           For m_ctr = 0 to 20
                  m_garbage.Insert(m_ctr,value.toString + " - ")
           Next

Return m_garbage
End Function

It's been a while a haven't hone my skill though. It's really fun programming stuffs. I'm more focused on 3D applications that are built in C++ STL, Multithreading. Fun. Very Happy
roboguyspacedude
Programming is definitely one of my hobbies. I know HTML, PHP/MYSQL, Javascript, CSS, Java, and some C++. I made a pong game in java if anyone wants to see http://dhost.info/ygd/fun/pong/.
rappn
Im programming in
Php/Mysql
Css
Html
Very little in c++

I love to programm in Php/Mysql, right now im making a game, that im going to host here on Frihost!
Its a swedish textbased game that i hope many swedish people will play! Very Happy

//rApp
agustin
Im just learning programming... its difficult to mi but is so good.
urbanbuddha
Programming can either be a hobby or a career for me since I am a web developer now. Sometimes programming can be boring only because its not about a topic you would enjoy as I find.

Though to counter it, no matter which programming job you do whether its creating a game or making a web 2.0 web site, everything you learn is good and will be helpful in the future.
Kirara
Im programming in c++ and visual basic.net
sopetite
I'm a CS graduate. I also love programming, although most of my classmates suck at it (which is weird right) Rolling Eyes
They thought CS was just about webpage design
Ucbet
Programming is cool, but I hate learning it, takes soo much effort. But I guess it worth the efforts.

I just started learning JAVA by the way. Wink
asim
paulbarter wrote:
Programming rocks! Its like being able to build a house in an hour! You have great tools and a computer that will do what you want it to, at the speed of light! Trouble is you have to know how to get the computer to understand you and be very specific. But at least if you get it right, there are no misunderstandings - unlike with people!

I enjoy front end and back end programming, but sometimes the hassle of gettting the look and feel right is just not worth it! At least in the back end department, its all about the code - like in the matrix!

By the way, does anyone have any links to good php and MySql tutorials? I am interested to start.

Thanks! Wink

yes you need to google this and your problem will be solved... but if you are a newbie and starting from scratch, visit www.newbiesparadise.com and to sharpen your skill later on go to www,php.net... i think this much info is enough for you. Cause i started as a newbie and today i have learnt a lot.
Legolas710
I do tons of programming. When I need to do some quick computer programming, I use GML. Other computer and web languages I know include (I can't remember the whole list):

HTML
C++
C#
Visual Basic
PHP
Javascript
Actionscript
CSS
Java

I like to program. Cool
And PHP is very useful.

By the way, to me at least, learning new languages isn't that hard, unless it has syntax far different than other languages.
Sickpigen
Programming is very useful
u can do things like hacking

I'm know PHP, HTML, MYSQL
and now I learning C# Razz
FunDa
Yup, coding rocks !!!!

Helps you put your mind into action and see it work too ...

Absolutely cool Cool
zjosie729
I love programming. I can do so much with it. If I have something repetitive to do, I look to PHP for help. Like recently, I created a form that would generate a recipe so I can print it out and keep in my recipe book. It's so much easier than typing all the info into a word document and style it into the way I want.
Legolas710
I know I missed a few languages! Razz