FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question! (about international compatibility)

quex
A questionb about the Gamecube, DS, and Ps2:

Can any of them play Japanese games without modifcation? That is, original game discs or carts, not burned or copied, but Japanese-made being moved to an American-built and sold system, no mod chips?

I remember a long time ago when people were modding their original Playstations to be able to play copied games, some mods would allow imported games from Japan to run as well... or am I wrong about that?

(Basically, if I buy a copy of Children of Mana in Japan, is my sister going to be able to run it on her American DS?)

Thanks in advance.
linkman2004
Go for it! The DS is completely region-free, you'll never have to worry about a game not working on it because it's from a different country. I'd still advise against importing Children of Mana, though, it's a very text heavy game, and the english version is coming out in October in the US.

As for the GameCube and PS2, no, they can't play games from other countries. If you want to play Japanese games on the PS2 you'll most likely have to mod it. As for the GameCube, you can always use a FreeLoader. It will allow you to play any GameCube game wether it's from Japan, Europe, whatever.

Hope all that helps. Wink
driftingfe3s
Yeah the DS is region free, but will your sister be able to read the japanese in Children of Mana?