FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dan brown

gaspar
My favorite book is the Da vinci code... it's perfect

I finished it a week ago.
Tiger
I believe "The Da Vinci Code" is actually his fourth book. Have you read any of his other books, such as "Digital Fortress"?

I for one, have found that he is a good author, and once I open a book, I find it very hard to put it down.

I read the Da Vinci code in the middle of a project that demanded about 12 hours of my time per day, 7 days a week. I managed to finish the book in 2 days (about 11 hours). That's how interesting a writer he is! Absolutely riveting!

I look forward to his next book.
erlendhg
I really enjoyed it too! It is a real page turner if you know what I mean...! THey are making or have finished making a film with Tom Hanks in it... should be great!
fecophobia
I've read all his books and I like Angels and Demons the best. Dan Brown's books are all intresting and are easy reads.. but it is fiction made out to be real and shouldn't be taken as fact.
quirkylife
what an author ! his best work by far was the divinci code, it outshone all his folloo0wing novels. while the research into the book is terrifingly inapt, it make pleasurable reding for those of us who still believe in a fantasy life,
ahh but the plot is fantastic, and the ramnifications so intense that you glad this guy is talking horse crap and not writing a historically correct book, or work of art as he protrays it, it was meant to cause a stir
it nver did, why would a book like this ruin the church? impossible as you and i welll know
the media over hyped this book and while it was a good read, itas wasnt the best he can do ..
lyndonray
i agree that there was way too much hype about the da vinci code. However, I just read his other other book, Angels and Demons. Its about the Illuminati and the Catholic Church (obviously). It's about as good as the da vinci code. The da vinci code had more twists though. But again, way too much hype.
rip8fan1
The movie is scheduled to be released on May 16, 2006!!

Here is a link:

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thedavincicode/

Check out Dan Brown's official website here:

http://www.danbrown.com
Paul Knight
I'm about half way in and it's captivating to say the least.

Already, I can't wait for the movie.

Dan Brown is a very clever writer and this kind of book requires months upon months of research to get it spot on, even if a lot of it is fiction. It still requires the book to sound beleivable to the layman.
jameson
da vinci is a good book indeed ... i do not know if his other books are that good !? i think he wrote 3 other books but i am not sure about this
gertjang
it's a very good book, a real pageturner, but when you finishid it and you start reading another book, you can't remember the plot of the da vinci code.
KungFuChris
I've just finished Deception Point, and while some of his military descriptions just don't seem to cut it with me (Unfortunately, I'd just read Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy previous) the book just lead me in page by page.

Strangely I felt as though not a lot had happened, yet when I looked I realised I was much further through the book than I first thought. Not that the book was boring in any way, it just didn't seem to contain as much as other books, yet covered the same amount of pages without me realising... if that makes any sense whatsoever.
sprinqles
Once I started reading Da Vinci Code I couldn't bring down the book, I had to read it until I finished it but it would could have been better if I read Angels and Demons first. Smile
Masochistic Tendencies
Did everyone actually like that book? I was thinking about reading it but from what I hear it's just a bunch of hype. Exclamation Is it actually worth it?
~tang~
Dan Brown is a very clever lad. I loved The Da Vinci code's historical content, but I unfortunately found his characters and plotline thin. But I still love it for it's extremely interesting topic and historical stuff
whyforer
You will just need to remember when reading Brown, that often he's building his historical 'facts' on both myths and actual historical facts - and it can be a pain in the ass to figure out which is which. So read with caution!
~tang~
no one said anything about them being facts or not, but I do agree with you. It's still interesting nonetheless.
hangnhu
I love how Dan Brown uses his historical and mythical facts into novel, it makes people want to read more into cultural background

I agree with ~tang~ thought, his plotline is not as good as his overall works, specially the ending, I'm dissappointed, very dissappointed with DaVinci Code ending, specially when I stayed up all night to find out the end.
gyaneshwar
Da Vinci Code was a huge success in the world so I also took the book (although is not my type of reading) to read it.
Writting is excellent, very tense, I enjoyed it thoroughly, all up to the end. The end is just watery, plain. I believe he could not make a proper end of the book as some people in the church would mind a lot more than as it is now (and now they mind a lot Exclamation ).
After this one I read the rest of his books. All of them were as interesting as Da Vinci one, and I like the most Deception point as it also ends properly.

In case you did not read Angels and Demons, Deception Point, Digital Fortress just do it, none of them is boring.

Considering Historical point of view it always good to keep in mind that the victorious people write the history Exclamation

Happy reading
khairulsyahir
I've read Da Vinci Code plus all other three books by Dan Brown. My comment: highly recommended! Really, this's my personal view.

And about the Da Vinci Code movie, the official website is not very much informative, even the trailer's not that interesting. Hope it'll as good as the book itself.

And I'm waiting for the next Dan Brown's novel (if there's any). I'd sure buy it once it hits the market. A real fan of Dan Brown now (hehe).
mcduck2002
I think you'll find reading the "Secrets of the Code" by Dan Burstain very interesting. that book is about the history (or the pseudo history) that the book relied on.

Tiger wrote:
I believe "The Da Vinci Code" is actually his fourth book. Have you read any of his other books, such as "Digital Fortress"?

I for one, have found that he is a good author, and once I open a book, I find it very hard to put it down.

I read the Da Vinci code in the middle of a project that demanded about 12 hours of my time per day, 7 days a week. I managed to finish the book in 2 days (about 11 hours). That's how interesting a writer he is! Absolutely riveting!

I look forward to his next book.
Raijenki
I love 3 books of him lol
Digital Fortress, Angel and Demons, Da Vinci Code...
KungFuChris
Just finished Digital Fortress recently and absolutely loved it... with possible exception of the first chapter-ish, though I understand why it was there.

Strangely, that leaves the Da Vinci Code the only one out of the four that I haven't read.
hangnhu
Da Vinci Code is coming out soon, May something, can't remember, can't wait!!!!! Anyone waiting for it? it showing worldwide!!!!
Da Vinci Code, the best!, wonder if they gonna make Angels & Demon too Very Happy
benwhite
I've read all four, and they're all pageturners. I enjoyed all four because Dan Brown writes a good thriller. That said, Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons are essentially the same book. Very very similiar. They're also his two strongest books. Deception Point and Digital Fortress follow the same formula, but not to the same sucess. Digital Fortress in particular was the weakest, very predictable after reading his other works and was unable to convey the same sense of urgency.
tim_s
I have read a couple of his books.... they really aren't very good. Extremely predictable (frustratingly so) and badly written. Airport books for sure. I agree that Digital Fortress was the worst one - and also that they all follow the same formula. Read the Da Vinci code to find out what all the fuss is about, and give the rest a miss.
ck88
I read Angels and Demons and The Davinci Code and liked them both. TDC definitely created a lot of hype with documentaries on National Geographic and The Discovery Channel.
If you liked the books you might consider reading The Rule Of Four by Caldwell/Thomason http://www.ruleoffour.com . It was easy reading, just like TDC.
grnsmilie
I can't decide whether or not I like Dan Brown. Technically, he's a good writer. I like his plot lines. I like his characters. I like the amount of detail he puts in his work.

But he's predictable.

At first, after reading Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code, I thought it was just because I've read up on the grail myth before. But I'm just about to finish Digital Fortress, and I figured out the ending within the first three chapters.

Anyone else having this problem?