FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hosting music... please read...

OutlawSpirit
ok...

now, i have some music... it is not illegal to host these mp3's because, well... they are 'originals' and are not on retail and are likely to not make retail in the future...

im just asking your opinions and views on whether i should do this??
Ratman2050
Someone ask this before. I think if you have copyright or its your own music you can. Basically it cant be illegal.
OutlawSpirit
ok... i dont have copyrights or its not my own music...

but the thing is... this artist is worldwide known, but he is dead... these songs have leaked all over, the net... and on the streets... and there is no copyright to them... so would it still be illegal?
Ratman2050
If your entirely sure that there are no copyrights. And he is dead, I probably don't think its a good Idea. But who is this artist?
OutlawSpirit
Tupac Amaru Shakur...

another site that has been online for... year or so... hosts these MP3's also...

now there message at the beginning is ...

Quote:
You won't find any copyrighted music here, none of these tracks have ever been released in their original form. If you want any released tracks then BUY THE ALBUMS! And please don't support bootleggers selling CDs on eBay or wherever - download whatever you want here for free and help spread these 2Pac tracks, the way he recorded them, the way they should be.
Ratman2050
Is the site you got that quote from, a legal site?

If it is legible than without doubt I think you can use those songs.
OutlawSpirit
this is the site

http://www.2pacunreleased.com

im not 100% sure... but its been up ages... and amaru, 2pac's label that deals with all his songs... shut down sites pretty quick if they host his retail songs!
Ratman2050
Hmm looks eligible, I guess a mod or Bondings will have to get on this. Because I would say go ahead, but I dont own the Hosting.
OutlawSpirit
ok thanks 4 ur advice... ill wait on a mod or bondings approval b4 i up anythin
Ratman2050
OutlawSpirit wrote:
ok thanks 4 ur advice... ill wait on a mod or bondings approval b4 i up anythin

Yup no problem man!
mathiaus
Well someone will own the copyright. Either one person or a company. If the person owns it, I doubt it, if their dead it still lasts for 70 years so if its 70 years or less since his death, I still doubt it. If the copmany owns the copyright still no.
Lucky for you though, I don't pay for the servers so It's not my decision, just so you know It's lkely to be no
OutlawSpirit
hmm... they have been dead 10 years now...
Bondings
No sorry, we only allow it for your own music (meaning you made it) and after getting a permission for it.
The_Gamer294
Bondings wrote:
No sorry, we only allow it for your own music (meaning you made it) and after getting a permission for it.

So does that mean if I were going to put songs on my site that I made I'd still need permission from you?
mathiaus
Yes you must post a request in the 'Request an Account Change' forum.
FunDa
If I host some mp3's (recorded from my college band with their permission), can I host them on frihost or should I host on a different hosting server like fileden ? Do I need permission for both ?
Bondings
FunDa wrote:
If I host some mp3's (recorded from my college band with their permission), can I host them on frihost or should I host on a different hosting server like fileden ? Do I need permission for both ?

Please read the post above yours. Yes it's allowed but you need to request it.
FunDa
Ok. Thanks ... I'm still working on getting enough posts and points to get a frih space
ogah
i have made script gbraber mp3 4shared
all files are stored in 4shared.com and i didn't upload mp3 file on 4shared
can i host my script on frihost?
Bondings
ogah wrote:
i have made script gbraber mp3 4shared
all files are stored in 4shared.com and i didn't upload mp3 file on 4shared
can i host my script on frihost?

Unless it is music you created or it was created by someone you know (and have gotten permission to distribute from), then it is not allowed either.