FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Create Network

Talk2Tom11
I was wondering if anyone could help me or know of any good tutorials that could help me with creating a shared folder over a network. I am at a school and i want to make a folder on my pc that can be viewed by others that are on the same school network. I am running Windows XP. Also I want to know if i can have the folder be password protected.
elekis
apache do that , but for just only your scool, I m not shure. but you can put a password on the folder
otiscom
In Windows XP right click on folder you want to share, goto properties,sharing then click on 'Share this folder on network'.

Try that.
ocalhoun
Your shcool network may have other complications involved. In a large network like that, you should contact the administrator if you need any help. Also, make sure you're allowed to do so. (Admins of large networks are usualy against frivolous file sharing, as in some instances it can create huge amounts of network traffic and slow down the whole system; Expecialy when sharing pictures, music, or vidios.)
steveadams617
Do you want to share with the whole school or just certain people?
Jaan
Go to network connections and in folder options, put show common tasks. if thats already there, there should be an option called create network. Are you on a wireless network? and is it a school computer or your own? and are the people you trying to share with on school pcs or their own?
good luck m8

p.s. theres also something called "Google". "Google" is your friend. [url]google.com[/url]
internetjobs
right click u r folder and apply share...

and note u r computer name or ip and search from other system with ip or system name in computer search(Right click my network place and select search for computers)