FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Maxthon - powerful web browser

nguyenthang
Maxthon (Formerly MyIE2) is a powerful web browser with a highly customizable interface. It can open multiple web pages within one browser window, and uses little system resources. Maxthon has a greatly integrated & customizable interface which supports Skins (Default, Turbo Qute, Mozilla_2, Safari, TCPort, X_Phoenity), Plug-Ins (AI Roboform, FlashSave, ViewSource, EnableRightClick, Up a Directory, Weather), IE Extensions, & specific toolbars (example: GOOGLE Toolbar). It also incorporates 2 POPUP blockers (Auto POPUP blocker & a POPUP blocker list filter) and a Content Filter. Maxthon is based on the Internet Explorer engine (your most likely current web browser) which means that what works in IE, works the same in Maxthon but with many additional efficient

Features like:
- Tabbed Browsing Interface
- Mouse Gestures
- Super Drag&Drop
- Privacy Protection
- AD Hunter
- Google Bar Support
- External Utility Bar
- Skinning
- Plugins
- Compatibility & Low on Resources
- More...(There are even more features that Maxthon can provide you, such as, Page Zooming, Simple Collector, Web Services, Password protecting Tabs, URL Aliases and many others. All of them working efficiently while you surf the Internet with Maxthon)

Updated List:
* Fix some bugs of last version
+ RSS auto detection
+ Improved Ad Filtering system
+ Content Control under Tools menu
+ Re-designed "Check Dead link" dialog
+ Skin menu under View menu
+ Boss key works better
+ Make proxy support better
+ Support website icon on the RSS of sidebar

Link download: http://www.maxthon.com/
ne2 Luka
I have used Maxthon in the past, but I have to say that Opera is much more powerful. Opera includes mail and irc. It's note heavy on memory, it's fast and it looks really nice. It has a lot of its own plugins (like voice reading). I'm sorry to say that Maxthon doesn't even compare.
Dr4g0n
Opera IS heavy on memory if you have many opened web pages and histories. I once noticed 80MB ram eaten by Opera. Also it has some bugs with wrong tab history that sometimes appeared. But i like the way it's preserve opened tabs.
Everyting you said about Maxthon is now supported by nearly every browser.
Using IE engine makes it vulnerable browser.
PseudoKnight
Opera is heavy on memory if compared to other browsers with only one tab open. If you compare it to other browsers with multiple tabs open Opera uses less memory typically. It's often rated one of the fastest browsers.

I've tried Maxthon when I was actually interested in the IE engine. However, I'm fed up with it now. I appreciate the standards compatibility that Opera has. Even FireFox isn't even as compatible with CSS.

BTW, why is this thread in the Jobs and Learning forum? Looks like spam.
orno
moved to Software
djclue917
nguyenthang wrote:
Maxthon (Formerly MyIE2) is a powerful web browser with a highly customizable interface. It can open multiple web pages within one browser window, and uses little system resources. Maxthon has a greatly integrated & customizable interface which supports Skins (Default, Turbo Qute, Mozilla_2, Safari, TCPort, X_Phoenity), Plug-Ins (AI Roboform, FlashSave, ViewSource, EnableRightClick, Up a Directory, Weather), IE Extensions, & specific toolbars (example: GOOGLE Toolbar). It also incorporates 2 POPUP blockers (Auto POPUP blocker & a POPUP blocker list filter) and a Content Filter. Maxthon is based on the Internet Explorer engine (your most likely current web browser) which means that what works in IE, works the same in Maxthon but with many additional efficient

Features like:
- Tabbed Browsing Interface
- Mouse Gestures
- Super Drag&Drop
- Privacy Protection
- AD Hunter
- Google Bar Support
- External Utility Bar
- Skinning
- Plugins
- Compatibility & Low on Resources
- More...(There are even more features that Maxthon can provide you, such as, Page Zooming, Simple Collector, Web Services, Password protecting Tabs, URL Aliases and many others. All of them working efficiently while you surf the Internet with Maxthon)

Updated List:
* Fix some bugs of last version
+ RSS auto detection
+ Improved Ad Filtering system
+ Content Control under Tools menu
+ Re-designed "Check Dead link" dialog
+ Skin menu under View menu
+ Boss key works better
+ Make proxy support better
+ Support website icon on the RSS of sidebar

Link download: http://www.maxthon.com/

I see... So this is yet-another-copy-paste-and-edit-a-little-post-to-get-my-free-hosting-started. How pathetic.

http://www.flexbeta.net/main/comments.php?id=21197&catid=5
orno
djclue917 wrote:
I see... So this is yet-another-copy-paste-and-edit-a-little-post-to-get-my-free-hosting-started. How pathetic.

http://www.flexbeta.net/main/comments.php?id=21197&catid=5

hmm good point...i somehow missed that and just saw that it was in the wrong forum Razz

thanks Smile

-closed-