FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to add domain in my frihost account?

ibay
I tried searching about this but in vain.
I want to add a domain name to my account(I'll buy domain from somewhere else). How can I do it?
Are there any charges for that?
What would be the allowed No. of subdomains (i.e mydomain.com/subdomains) coz I need atleast 10.

and lastly, if I just point my domain to Frihost Server, would it have any affect on the URL of my pages?

thanks to anyone who replies
Animal
To add a domain:

Go to http://www.frih.net:2222 and enter your Direct Admin username and password.

Under "Your Account", hit "Domain Setup" then "Add Another Domain"

Enter your domain name (for example "yourpurchaseddomainname.com") then "Create"

Once that's done, you can upload all your files etc. to the public_html folder for your new domain. You'll then need to go to the control panel of your domain (that'll be on the website you bought it from) and set the DNS servers to point to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net

It's as simple as that! Very Happy

In terms of your URLs, they will all relate to yourpurchaseddomainname.com provided you set it up in this way. Hope this helps!
ibay
Thanks for the prompt reply, but what about the number of subdomains I can have with my domain?
Marston
You can have an unlimited number of sub-domains...
Bondings
ibay, there is no limit. Just keep it a reasonable ammount. 10 is definately fine.
trilogy456
Animal wrote:
To add a domain:

Go to http://www.frih.net:2222 and enter your Direct Admin username and password.

Under "Your Account", hit "Domain Setup" then "Add Another Domain"

Enter your domain name (for example "yourpurchaseddomainname.com") then "Create"

Once that's done, you can upload all your files etc. to the public_html folder for your new domain. You'll then need to go to the control panel of your domain (that'll be on the website you bought it from) and set the DNS servers to point to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net

It's as simple as that! :D

In terms of your URLs, they will all relate to yourpurchaseddomainname.com provided you set it up in this way. Hope this helps!

Those instructions work well. I setup my domain (purchased at GoDaddy.com) and it works with my FRIH account. GoDaddy.com has a lot of extra offers they try to pursuade you to buy.
trilogy456
Sign in with you cust. ID or number.
Click 'My Account' link that appears where you put in your login information.
Under Heading 'Domain Names' click 'Manage Domains.'
Check box the domain you're setting up.
Click the 'Set Nameservers' button that is above your domain list.
On the right side of screen the name server settings will show up. Set the servers to NS1.FRIH.NET & NS2.FRIH.NET for Direct Admin accounts.
If you're on the older cPanel: ns1.frihost.net & ns2.frihost.net.
If you "Parked" your domain at GoDaddy.com, you may need to click the radio button 'Default Hosting' or 'Custom Name Servers' to make the necessary changes.
Click 'Save Changes' below the DNS info. you just put in.