FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

extract zip/rar in DA.

the-geek
Can php script extract files in DA. file manager? i saw some file manger script 2day saying it can extract zip in the server! frhh supports it?
niranvv
I think, you can extract gzip files using DirectAdmin!
fatepower
niranvv wrote:
yepp but some host has zip included in your dir so u can manage php and mark files then download a compressed archive of the files (.zip)
my old image host gallery hased that future so you could mark 5-10 pic's and download them in .zip Very Happy
niranvv
fatepower wrote:
niranvv wrote:
yepp but some host has zip included in your dir so u can manage php and mark files then download a compressed archive of the files (.zip)
my old image host gallery hased that future so you could mark 5-10 pic's and download them in .zip Very Happy

But Gzip compression is better than ordinary Zip compression!
Wink
fatepower
niranvv wrote:
fatepower wrote:
niranvv wrote:

But Gzip compression is better than ordinary Zip compression!
Wink
yepp iknow gzip is better ;D but 7zip is one of the best compression, so it would nice if u can pack site's with 7zip but im happy with gzip to Very Happy
niranvv
Here DirectAdmin supports .tar.gz format!!

Its having more compression ratio dude!
Easy to upload and extract!
and you can download after compressiong using that format from DirectAdmin! Wink

Niran
Marston
If you sign in with your FTP username and password at http://web2ftp.com, you can extract zip and rar files to your web space... I believe DA can also extract rar files.

For future reference: this type of topic belongs in the Web Hosting Support forum. Wink