FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nero or Roxio

Ester
Which burning software do you recommend. I have used both, Nero was fine but sometimes it would crash, not sure if that was Nero or my PC's memory. I have just installed Roxio it's very slow on copying but the quality is good. INCD in Nero was great with no problems, but Roxio's drag and drop has caused a problem, with me not being able to access the disc.

So Nero is good for drag and drop but not so good copying and Roxio is good at copying but nor good for drag and drop.

What do you think.
venkateshwarans
Not used roxio. Nero hasn't crashed for me. Running fine with it.
manumiglani
well I only use Nero and NTI Cd maker........ they both are good and works fine..... But I usually prefer NTI
myworld
I concur with venkateshwarans. Never had Nero crash on me yet. Running Nero 7 so not sure if this is different from your own and is perhaps more stable. Nero Smart Start is great for getting to the place you want quickly. Never used Roxio as I have never needed to use anything else.
nitesh
Nero 7 is bit heavy on system resources so I'm still sticking to nero 6.6 ..works great for me ! I haven't managed to crash it till now. I've also used Sonic RecordNow , its GUI is pretty simple , somewhat like nero start smart but it sports very few features. I would definitely vote nero above any other burning software that I've used till now.
avk
Ester wrote:
Which burning software do you recommend. I have used both, Nero was fine but sometimes it would crash, not sure if that was Nero or my PC's memory. I have just installed Roxio it's very slow on copying but the quality is good. INCD in Nero was great with no problems, but Roxio's drag and drop has caused a problem, with me not being able to access the disc.

So Nero is good for drag and drop but not so good copying and Roxio is good at copying but nor good for drag and drop.

What do you think.

The same thing happened with me while using nero..

But Roxio is working fine
Commando_Sondre
I'm not using any of 'em. I'm using Ashampoo Burning Studio, in fact, it works better then Nero 7 for me. But if I had to choose between thoose two programs, I would say that Nero is best.
{name here}
The Sonic RecordNow! works perfectly fine for burning ISOs for me. I've only needed to use Nero to burn BeOS because it requires more than just burning an ISO.

If you're only going to be dealing with ISOs and not BINs with CUEs then cdrecord tools will be good enough for you. If not then I suggest PowerISO rather than Nero or Roxio.
Svarn
I use Nero and ULead DVD Factory, I prefer the ULead simple interface but both work perfectly in my experience.
Ester
I have just taken off the Roxio media creator as I'm having trouble accessing discs in my disc drive. I have two disc drives, one just reads DVD's and the other reads and writes. I copied a disc using 1click dvd copy and the program said that it had copied successfully, but when I put the disc back into the drive it said that it was a blank disc, I tried it in the read only drive and it played the dvd perfectly.

Now I'm not sure if this was due to Roxio or not, but after reading your comments and from further research on the net, I decisded to put Nero 6 on my computer. I have not had the chance to try it yet, but I will keep my fingers crossed.
shwetanshu
i m also using NEro and no probs with it, just a bit heavy on resources!!
Ester
Ester wrote:

Now I'm not sure if this was due to Roxio or not, but after reading your comments and from further research on the net, I decided to put Nero 6 on my computer. I have not had the chance to try it yet, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Tried Nero 6, and it copied like a dream, I'm a happy bunny now!!!
goansfr
nero from the first version to the latest . (nero 7)
urbanbuddha
I've used Roxio Easy CD Creator. but when they came out with their DVD version it caused so many problems reading my old CD burner and sometimes with my DVD burner.

Once I switched to Nero, it helped solved the problem. The only thing I don't like is that Nero has implemented a "Smart Start" system, which I don't prefer cause I liked just using Nero Burning ROM. =)
coreymanshack
I think they are both crap... both are rescource ******... well there isn't really one out there that isn't although you can get burning software for free that doesnt crash as often...I use avis or something like that I don't remember exactly what it is called.
poet
Started with Rox, but found Nero more reliable and flexable.
Xcelerate
Personally I found Nero to be more usable and adaptable to my needs, as it allows it a bit more customization that Roxio. In addition, it looks cooler.
DimaSafr
I chose NERO, because it is more functional and not as picky about you CD/DVD burner. However roxio is thought to be more stayable.
exarkun
In my sense, Nero is better. That is because I have been using it for a long time. Yes, I have tried Roxio before, but found it not as user-friendlt...
Phil
It seems more people here like Nero. But personally, the more I use Nero, the less I like it. Maybe it's just me. I always seem to have trouble when using it......Though I must say, the ability to edit indivual tracks before you burn them is pretty handy at times.
My new computer I just got came with Roxio. I decideed to give it a try and was really impressed with the result. The tracks sounded better than anything else I had before on my truck's system.
surdy
Since the very begining i've used Nero and it fulfilled all the needs so well that i never cred to try any other

NERO rulez