FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Am I doomed?

garionw
I have been looking at getting the domain (gwplus.com) now for a while. Checked into it the other night and to my horror! it was bough by one of those stupid directory sites. Does anyone know what they normally do with theses? Do I have to wait for it to expire?
manumiglani
Well the domain is not attained by any directory site..... It is parked so that owner can make money if anyone clicks on the links present on these domains..... Well there is no need or it does not make any sense to wait for these domains until they expire ( 14 months minimum )..... Most of the times these domains are buyed by the interested parties....... So, I will recommend you to get another domain..... or buy a domain with the same name and a different extention probably your country's one.
standready
manumiglani wrote:
or buy a domain with the same name and a different extention probably your country's one.

If that name is important to you as stated try a different extension (.net for example). The likely hood of them ever letting it expire is slim. Consider trying for g-wplus.com or similar.
I actually had the same problem. standready.com was taken so I chose the .biz extension.