FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

finally free domain no adds

iflash
Well searching for days finally give results.
Very Happy
I try nc.nr and nobody respond.
Four domains completed and no adds, option for customize HTML, etc.
Check for yourselves
Now I am working with uni.cc.
niranvv
Frihost is the best free hosting server man!

You can host it here!
No banners, no popups, and you can even your own domain here for free!
Laughing

Niran
iflash
niranvv wrote:
Frihost is the best free hosting server man!

You can host it here!
No banners, no popups, and you can even your own domain here for free!
Laughing

Niran

Agree TOTALLY I am newbie here, but the hosting goes very nice.
and offcourse, my domain is hosted here.
Now my question is:

HOW I can win the free domain?
reddishblue
Na your not SUCH a n00bie just read the FAQ and youl be fine Very Happy
web_harman
goodmorning friends,

after going through many topics in this forum i have come to the conclusion that WE CANNOT HAVE A FREE DOMAIN NAME THESE DAYS. but yes we can compromise and go for some like uni.cc and dot.tk.
it was a year ago when i bought a free domain name form .be but that was for one year only.
but the search should continue..............
nioton
web_harman wrote:
goodmorning friends,

after going through many topics in this forum i have come to the conclusion that WE CANNOT HAVE A FREE DOMAIN NAME THESE DAYS. but yes we can compromise and go for some like uni.cc and dot.tk.
it was a year ago when i bought a free domain name form .be but that was for one year only.

Hi,

what is the benefit of getting a free domain, and then after one year take it out and search for another Question

the main reason of having a good domain is to let others remember the domain NAME so they can come back to your site if your take it out, how can they find your new website??? Cool

It is not very expensive or even expensive. Sad

I have bought 3 TLD domains right now and I am very glad that I have not spend my time to search for free domains.

so think about that.
nimo
domain names are *.com, net etc. as far as I know, you can't get those for free, they cost about $8 per year (go to godaddy.com)

what you're looking for is called a web forwarding service.
I also know of cjb.net and no-ip.com, but uni.cc seems easier to remember.

BTW what's wrong with frihost?
ToxicKissLayouts
nothing is wrong with Frihost i think Frihost is good....but i think anything is good -.-'
wlb
In fact really is just about to makes the website or to need to have
to go against the level domain name, now a domain name registration is also very cheap ah
ywc1818
I suggest co.nr . It is totally free. The only thing you need is to place a small logo on your webpage. It's just that much Exclamation I've used co.nr for the last three year, I found it trustable and very stable, but I've also found some problem from it, for example the time for answering requests are too long. Hope that you enjoy!
James007
Please make a difference between a hosting service, like friHOST, and a domain name provider, like godaddy.com.

A hosting service provides the storage, the domain name provider provides an easy link to that space, like www.yourdomain.com.

You do NOT need a top level domain, as you can use http://yourdomain.frih.net. If you don't like our subdomain, you can buy a top level domain (from a domain name provider [NOT Frihost]), and make that domain point to your frihost space.

When you configurate your domain name, you should change the name servers to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net, then you should open your Direct Admin control panel (on frihost) and you should add your top level domain.

Then you should be patient as your domain name provider won't process the new name servers instantly. After 48 hours there should be a working link between www.yourdomain.com and http://somesubdomain.frih.net.

I hope you understood something of my faulty English. Very Happy
dude_xyx
There is no such thing as free stuff , someone pay somewhere for everything and get those for a reason. like here we have a best hosting package just like paid hosting and in return for that we do post in this forum and keep the community running and also i think it helps to pay server bills too.

There forums which let you buy domains in return for posting in their forums. you can buy domains with forum currency of those forums and domains will be OURS and you will be the owner.

So if you really want a free domain because you don't have money to buy then join those forums start posting and buy yr domain with your earnings.
horsestables
free? no way! what about php?
James007
horsestables wrote:
free? no way! what about php?

READ please. Smile

Quote:
* 250 Mb of space for your entire collection of websites.
* 10 GB of traffic each and every month.
* 1 short free subdomain to be reachable in the whole world (you.frih.net).
* Php and Perl scripting languages to fulfill all your programming needs.
* The DirectAdmin control panel to manage your web hosting account.
* No forced advertisements. Your own ads like google adsense are allowed.
* Unlimited MySQL databases for all your data.
* Unlimited subdomains and ftp accounts of all your domains.
* Unlimited email accounts for your correspondence.
* Unlimited parked and addon domains for your whole portfolio of websites.
* Great community forums of around 500,000 posts and over 20,000 members to get support from.

But please remember we want QUALITY posts, as we don't give hosting to spammers (so you might want to avoid the oneliners).
Manofgames
www.namepros.com is the best post for domain provider.
i have www.meetinground.com with them.
varon
There is no such thing as a free TLD [top-level domain] like *.net, *.org, *.com, etc. *.tk is merely a redirect URL. to get a great service on this, you really have to pay fo rit.

right now i'm using the next best thing -- FreeDNS

Very Happy
Manofgames
varon wrote:
There is no such thing as a free TLD [top-level domain]

See my previous post, at namepros you can get domains (TLD's no less) for free, but you have to post / get forum points / buy forum points. though its really easy to do.

varon wrote:

Very Happy

Can't you only use that if your hosting your site from home??
starfish2007
yes i have asite here but ihave sigend up with uni.cc also because i am looking ahead intothe future and withonly oneplane and no wayof upgrading tomore bandwithor spacei fore see atime in thecase thatmysite becomespopluar were i'll runoutof spacehere and beforst tomove it else ware now if ionlyused my frih.net address how would anyoneme ifimoved my site but withsomthing like uni.cc i needonly change the dns topoint tomynewsite and thats all and the real domaines have thesame avantiges only youhave topay for them everyyear it can get quite expencive
pashmina
If you need a domain name for the forum posting i would suggest you the DDboard You have to collect 2000DDpoints to get a TLD domain name of your choice. I am telling you this because i am a member of the ddboard. One thing after you join be very careful as you if you are found scamming with the DDpoints, you will be directly banned.
ercanmemili
is there any change to get frihost with charge? i looked for, but i cant find.
newso
i brought my .co.uk domain from 1&1 for 2.99 and got one whole year free. So i got 2 years for just 2.99

i don't recommend trying an free domain scams, its not a lot to pay. At least you know what your getting when your paying.
-cff-
I want to buy a domain name but where can I buy a domain name as cheap as possible?
hiddenicevillage
There's tons of them that are only like $10 a year. But you should just use this one.
-cff-
hiddenicevillage wrote:
There's tons of them that are only like $10 a year. But you should just use this one.

Maybe is it an idea to give us a link or something Wink
mjohnson
Dose .nr is ccLTD ? which country dose it present? I have never heared.
asim
I have also never heard of free domain's would be interested in getting Very Happy ... if anyone find please do tell me. thanks yaa Very Happy
dude_xyx
Manofgames wrote:
www.namepros.com is the best post for domain provider.
i have www.meetinground.com with them.

Agree I think they are the best way to earn a domain name fast. you only has to do some posting jobs and stumble upon. you gets 5 np for a stumble and 2-5 for a post and a domain cost is 425 np. Can get it done in no time.
schoolbag
did you try out the co.nr free domain service?
iamarun
.co.nr is a pretty good site where we get free domains. I am using it and i am happy with it. as some one said the should continue we need to find a way atleast we can get 10 or 20 free domains.

I am also using frihost domain.
tamilparks
the very good free domain without any popup ads is FRIHOST only....

thanks to the FRIHOST admin and other co workers also....
propeng
Exclamation Here's what you didn't know:
UNI.CC doesn't give a free domain. There's no such thing named "free domain" What are you getting is a subdomain of UNI.CC.
the-guide
tamilparks wrote:
the very good free domain without any popup ads is FRIHOST only....

thanks to the FRIHOST admin and other co workers also....

I agree with "tamilparks", at FRIHOST you have all you need to create your very own websites.

- short unique URL including sub-domain with stable and reliable web-hosting
- if you have your own TLD you can host them here as well
- PHP server
- my SQL Database
- POP3 mail
- and etc.

It's up to you that "Are you ready to go?". Wink
Bonesy
http://www.co.cc is the best you have full DNS, MX entry, CNAME and ect. for free.

your domain would be: www.example.co.cc

VERY AWESOME

IT IS NOT A HOSTING COMPANY, its just a free domain type company.
Zackster
You guys should really consider keeping your domains for as long as you can because Google gives older sites (meaning the same domain and site) a much better rating. Google also cheaks what is the IP of your site for later comparsion so don't try any tricks.
shkhanal
If you are talking about getting free top level domain name like .com, .net, .org, I have a solution.

I did not pay money but got psexam.com and howiearned.com (two domain names) within 40-45 days from ddboard. That is a forum with award points for you to participate in board like frihost.com. You can exchange that point to your preferred domain name. Once you got the domain name its yours. After one year again you can renew that name paying dollars or paying points. Domain registrar is different than the board.

It'll take you about 20 to 25 days if you just post threads and replies to collect 3000 points sufficient for your choice .com domain name.
aningbo
FRIHOST is the best.
vpdragon0
After reading some of the threads i come to understand that there is no free domains. Nothing in the world is free anymore.

And to the people that are doing the surveys to get a domain, why don't you make an alternate email address that you use for only that site so that you don't get spam in your main email address.
thedinh
Bonesy wrote:
http://www.co.cc is the best you have full DNS, MX entry, CNAME and ect. for free.

your domain would be: www.example.co.cc

VERY AWESOME

IT IS NOT A HOSTING COMPANY, its just a free domain type company.

yes, the domain co.cc it's the good choice. As i know that many people over the world use that do main. Laughing , i also use a co.cc domain and i runs so good.
africa
varon wrote:
There is no such thing as a free TLD [top-level domain] like *.net, *.org, *.com, etc. *.tk is merely a redirect URL. to get a great service on this, you really have to pay fo rit.

Very Happy

Hey thanks for the info. here is my situation: I already own a domain: octopa.co.zw
I only need a service...hopefully free...that can host my domain for me. I checked out afraid.org and i am not too clear if they can do that.

If you can help..please inform of other viable options.

Regards. Smile
domi77
Quote:
yes, the domain co.cc it's the good choice. As i know that many people over the world use that do main. Laughing , i also use a co.cc domain and i runs so good.

co.cc is not really free - its $3 per year after the first year. I would suggest you also to look at

http://www.nic.cz.cc/

They are providing 100% free domain names with NO ads and REAL DNS support. I think this new provider is the best around. I grabed my domain there a couple of weeks back and I am very happy with them.

Check it out Wink
distantship
web_harman wrote:
goodmorning friends,

totally agree with that! I think domain registration fee is not that high these days too, so, i wouldn't mind a spend a couple of dollar in return for a good domain extensive, like .com or .net, however, if you are really tight on budget, i would also recommend you to get a .info domain (sale of 0.99 at godaddy only) and you cant rest assured for one whole year.