FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Turtles are awesome...in the sit there and sleep kind of way

Are turtles cool?
Yeah
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

polly-gone
Two weeks ago I got a turtle and I named him Monster. My brother bought one and named him Snappy. My turtles are so smart. He can actually do tricks! He knows how to clap his hands if I stick my finger in front of him. Does anyone know a turtle trick? Does anyone know what to do with your Turtle when you go on vacation?
Ratman2050
Reptiles and Amphibians are awesome. I prefer snakes though.
Dr4g0n
polly-gone wrote:
Two weeks ago I got a turtle and I named him Monster. My brother bought one and named him Snappy. My turtles are so smart. He can actually do tricks! He knows how to clap his hands if I stick my finger in front of him. Does anyone know a turtle trick? Does anyone know what to do with your Turtle when you go on vacation?

He clap hands? You teach him that? How? Smile
kikass
turtles are super coooool !! i used to have 2 of em.... till about a year back... then the indian govt banned them coz indian turtles are an endangered species... mine werent indian turtles but they banned keepin any kind of turtles as pets! sux Sad i gave them away to our local wildlife park.... think i'll go visit them sometime soon...
OutlawSpirit
personally... they bore me... all they do is sit there... well the ones i came across anyway
polly-gone
I taught mine to clap his hands by putting a turtle treat or a peice of food or something between his 2 front paws. He would come forward and his feets would clap. Now he does it if I stick my finger in front of him. It is a trick that is much easier to teach to frogs though. It takes alot of patience.
Blaster
I have a water turtle. I taught him how to come out for his food. And i am the only one who can go near his tank without him going and hiding. I also set up some toys and he pushes them around. And he uses his flippers as hands when he eats. Its soo funny to watch him eat.
sir.paul.chaplin
I think turtles are one of the animals that are most often kept in a too-small container. They really need bigger tanks than they often get