FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Worst Boss Ever?

tonystark
Whose's yours?

I am in hell right now. My boss is absent-minded, assigning tasks and responsibilities he won’t remember. His micro-management style of nit-picking at everything detail is enough to drive me to drink in the mornings. Laughing
Anticollie
Haha, I suppose I have it easy- always have. I have a part time job right now, where we deal a lot with Kids and the like (Birthday centeral... like a Chucky Cheese, only better). We have Rope Swings, and flying kids and a gorilla that beats on them (actually a man in a suit).

Really, it's controlled chaos, and when you run a business as chaotic as that, you need to be fairly competant. Well, our head boss, is anytihng but that, it's not that she can't run the business, i'm sure she can, it's just that she's an 18-year-old trapped in a 45-year-old's body. (Good for the type of job, bad for her current position as head manager). She takes everything as a blow to her, and if we take a day off, she takes it as we no longer want to work for her, and she gets huffy for atleast a few months.

Anyway, i feel your pain... and I'm sure things will get worse as I venture on into the job world.

Anticollie.
edallica
think i got the wrong end of the stick with this topic title! i was going to come on and say bowser!
freecitizen
Nah, I love my boss(es).

Always had a good boss, I think. I've had about 4 jobs and they've all been cool. Guess I'm just lucky. =]
Vrythramax
I had the displeasure of working for someone who would throw temper tantrums whenever something didn't go exactly as planned....best part, he was the one doing the majority of the planning. I watched him kick an office chair (almost) over a desk once....he broke 3 toes! It was a big joke in the office that we were going to buy him foamrubber furniture....so we wouldn't get hit Wink
freecitizen
LOL. That's hilarious.
rightclickscott
When I used to work at Stop and/or Shop, one of bosses was my uncle, who wasn't that much older than me, which was really cool, but when I came in late because the city bus decided it wasn't going to come that day. When I came in, who was the guy who fired me? My uncle, of course. I could have fought it getting help from the union, but if they were going to get my uncle to do it, then I didn't even want to work there anymore.
freecitizen
You should've just called to say you were going to be late.

That's crazy though. I'm late to work like everyday, lol. I'm sooo glad the paper I work at is so lax about timings.
standready
My last boss was so bad I left and started my own business. I was suppose to be in charge of designing equipment. He dictated the way he wanted them designed. You simply cannot go into a market with 8 existing competitors with a copy of their 10 year old equipment that their customers have already told your sales people about areas for improvement. You are wasting your time and money. Faster, better and hopeful less expensive is the only way to enter a new market. My boss was dead set against this. We fought constantly - I quit.
rightclickscott
freecitizen wrote:
You should've just called to say you were going to be late.

That's crazy though. I'm late to work like everyday, lol. I'm sooo glad the paper I work at is so lax about timings.

That's what everyone said, but, you know what? I really hated that job, and I'm glad that I got fired. Otherwise, I would have flipped out and probably jabbed a pregant girl with the rubber seperator.

Oh yeah, wanna know how I eventually got there? I had to hitchhike, and this old lady gave me a ride, but the only reason I was late was because she decided to stop somewhere for 15 minutes...

On my ride back, I met a guy with a mustang, and he told me that he decided a long time ago that he wasn't going to work for a boss for a living, and started his own independant business where he painted houses, and he made alot of money, I mean, hell, he had a f*cking mustang. I guess that's how I got into webcomicing, now I just need to get some merch and some advertising.
freecitizen
So, you make webcomics? What kind of merchandise?
rightclickscott
T-shirts, comic books, you know, usual gist. I have yet to get some merch in the Inksandwich Store, which could happen anytime soon, but I really need more comics done. I'm asking quite afew artists about a big project I have in mind, which is going to be rather cool once it's done. It might even be in book form!
jveezy
I've only had one job, but it's as a student circulation assistant at the library. The top of the chain of command seems so out of touch with what happens way at the bottom.

Hey. Let's move the book sorting area from the first floor behind the desk to the fifth floor in the elevator room.

Hey. Let's pay four construction guys four hours of overtime pay to take down a thirty foot wall.

Hey. Let's move a bunch of departments around and reorganize the library without considering how everything works and how each of these departments actually interact with each other or the students using it.

So frustrating.

And the way they treat my supervisors is awful as well. Everyone seems to push around the circulation department, yet we're the most important one. It's a bleepin library! We're the ones that control the books!

Bureaucracy sucks.
freecitizen
rightclickscott wrote:
T-shirts, comic books, you know, usual gist. I have yet to get some merch in the Inksandwich Store, which could happen anytime soon, but I really need more comics done. I'm asking quite afew artists about a big project I have in mind, which is going to be rather cool once it's done. It might even be in book form!

So you're into comics?

Haha, you wanna hear something cool? Warren Ellis (aka, God) added me back, approved my comment and PMed me on MySpace! HE PMED ME. HE SAID HELLO. AND MADE A CUTE COMMENT. I almost died when I saw it. I was already dying on my bed from reallly bad cramps (yes, i'm a girl) and then I check MySpace and I see the PM and I freak out, start squeeking, call my boyfriend up while I'm hyperventilating. I've had a huge smile plastered on my face all day. haha. I'm such a transmet fangirl.

I think it's cause he thought I was cute though. haha. Yay for being a girl.

I love Ellis so, so much. I didn't reply to the PM because I think I might ruin it by acting like a crazy fan. haha. And he hates crazy fans. Soooo yup. Until I think of something smart to say to him, I'm not replying. lol.

Did I say that I really love Warren Ellis' work? Yeah? Cause I do. ehm.

Soooo.. who's your favorite comic book writer?

Btw, i'm not really into comics. Just read a few. My boyfriend's trying to get me into them and like I'm just blown away by like Sandman and Transmet. like woah, seriously. But yeah, sloowly i'm turned into a comic geek.
Mamsaac
if you count teachers as bosses, I guess I could get into the discussion for worst boss ever Wink