FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any home audio enthusiasts out there?

Which Home audio Rocks your world?
Monster THX
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
BOSE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
MIRAGE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

phinguyen
So there are the big boyz in the home audio market, theres obviously the corperate brand sony and then there are other brands that are really dedicated to the sound in our living rooms. i'm not saying that sony makes bad home audio but its not thier specialty. america has all come to love the BOSE family trusting thier gem speakers and hightech reciever/players and everyone would love to have a monster theater (for those of you that dont kno, monster is THX) but theres one little guy out there that i have yet to hear alot about. MIRAGE. thier speakers are compared to the portabilities of bose and are compared to the sound quality of MONSTER (THX) yet they don't make recievers (most people reccomend getting a YAMAHA reciever, they are imfamous for their recievers) and yet i'm completely infant to the brand.

i just recently heard of them, i've seen their demo rooms in limited distributors, and i've seen their prices. holly freakin cow, its almost $200 PER SPEAKER, but i am veeerrrry impressed with the performance. so what are your opinions?
orno
I have an Onkyo 7.1 system at home and when compared with the equivalent Bose, I couldnt hear any differences in the sound quality... and besdies this was almost half the price of the Bose...
Bernak
I thing you could add more options like Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer....
Maybe you could specify a bit more:
- Complete system: receiver+speakers
- Only receivers
- Only speakers
- etc..

But good idea to hear some cualitative sound opinions
S3nd K3ys
Heard of Polk Audio? How about Definitive Technologies? Cerwin Vega? There's a bunch of other companies that would strongly debate you on which is the 'top dog'.

Personally, I have a system with Bose outdoor speakers, Yamaha reciever, Definitive Tech. speakers, and a 55" wide screen.
phinguyen
yeah, i've heard deftech and vega but specification wise, they arent in the same class as bose and mirage. different classes cant be compared, its like trying to compare muscle cars with import cars, different classes. and yes i'm only talking speakers, nothing else.