FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Windows Vista DVDs!

Xavier
Hey guys, www.merawindows.com is distributing free DVDs of the new Operating system of Microsoft Windows i.e. 'Windows vista'!
All that one needs to do is to register at this site & wait shortly for the DVDs to be shipped to ur location!
Great!

ORNO EDIT: Only people from India can get the DVD's home delivered. This seems to be a very specific India-only promotion (if at all its real)
niranvv
Is it?? Shocked
How much is the shipping cost??
Wink

Niran
jackill
Shocked Very nice, my connection is to slow to download this, so those DVD`s are great for me Smile Microsoft is paying them for shipit?
myworld
As is to be expected this a beta version as the final versions are not yet available. Be careful when using beta as they are not intended for production release and as such they render your system vunlernable to security flaws (well at least more than normal Wink ). By all means use it on a non critical pc (ie not one you divulge any info on such bank details) for testing purposes to give you and idea of what you an expect and to help Microsoft iron out any issues prior to general release.
varun_dodla
myworld wrote:
As is to be expected this a beta version as the final versions are not yet available. Be careful when using beta as they are not intended for production release and as such they render your system vunlernable to security flaws (well at least more than normal Wink ). By all means use it on a non critical pc (ie not one you divulge any info on such bank details) for testing purposes to give you and idea of what you an expect and to help Microsoft iron out any issues prior to general release.

I will go with that.....and better wait for the actual release....
niranvv
varun_dodla wrote:

I will go with that.....and better wait for the actual release....

Thats better!!

But Beta version is free!!

Final version wil be a paid one!
Wink

Niran
Traveller
Please use the Official Thread to discuss Windows Vista.

ORNO EDIT: Traveller, i unclosed this thread as its not exactly a Windows Vista discussion but a very specific site catering only to ppl from India wanting to test out vista... It doesn't really belong in the Vista thread Smile
cheeta
even go to Microsoft India Page... they r giving Windows Vista CD...

yeah CD... now how can a vista fit in a CD??

anyway ceck it out... a simple mind game... and u r register for it...

http://www.microsoft.com/india/offers/vista/quiz.aspx
Bones
cheeta wrote:
even go to Microsoft India Page... they r giving Windows Vista CD...

yeah CD... now how can a vista fit in a CD??

anyway ceck it out... a simple mind game... and u r register for it...

I'm pretty sure that's a typo, as the Vista image file for build 5384 (the public CPP build) is pretty close to 4G in size. Unless, of course, they are sending it on multiple cd's.
Although the min reqs for Vista do include a DVD drive so who knows
photon
getting the beta dvd's isnt worth the trouble. unless you really want to go on e bug finding spree, its just a waste of time. And there will be many more revisions before the final RTM is released. so no point in getting betas that are 4gb in size
hellrahul
Hey !

Are they sending it for free.. or the postal charge will be taken...
Coclus
this sounds great but i am not from india^^
Bones
photon wrote:
getting the beta dvd's isnt worth the trouble. unless you really want to go on e bug finding spree, its just a waste of time. And there will be many more revisions before the final RTM is released. so no point in getting betas that are 4gb in size

But going on a bug hunting spree is what you should be doing if you have the beta. That's what beta testers do
dwcnps
Beta 2 I've got and it's much easier to use than other windows and looks much better with great tools like sidebar and fun things like the new games such as inkball. IE 7, almost as good as Fx (Firefox). IE should have had tabbed browsing ages ago.

Great Produce Vista is.

It's a shame i've only got the beta (it crashes way to much to use as the primary OS and The real version will (obiously) have way more better features).
cheeta
hey just report i got my DVD set from Merawindows... still waiting to the Microsoft India SET...

anyway this merawindows turned out to be genuine offer... Smile
redice
Oh, I like to try it now. Maybe it has some interesting feature Smile
samarthyam
I live in India. It would e certainly useful. Of course it is FREE Very Happy
saurabh.sauron
for those not in India

Just Click the link below and asnwer a sample quiz and get Windows Vista delivered to ur doorstep absolutely free.....

the answers are given below:

Vista

Clarity

November 2006

True

Aero

All of the above

all of the above

512 MB
budazz
is this true?... i think vista is not yet release so where did they get this?
desertwind
hmmmm......

Following paths of...
cheeta
budazz wrote:
is this true?... i think vista is not yet release so where did they get this?

well thats not right... Vista is relesed... but not the final version... right nows its Beta 2 Smile fional which common public can buy will be relesed later on...
White Monkey
I don't recommend installing this, you could always set up a dual boot, but when the trial runs out or the final release is brought out it will be such a hasstle to take off, I'm sure that when it does get the final release everyone will be getting in, but as it is the BETA stages, there would be major security flaws...
Teragonto
Well, I don't Vista. I have the Beta 1 from Bangladesh. Although Vista isn't stable yet so I don't prefer using it until the stable one comes out.
japasco
The offer was closed yesterday. If you got another please post.

Regards,
lukeropro
I don't recommend trying out Vista now as it is still in beta and definitely has hell lot of bugs. It might crash my computer. I'm not going to take the risk...But if you guys want to use Windows XP but want to give it a vista look, you can download the Vista Transformation Pack here
yfccluster6
Is it true that Microsoft will be distributing it for free with no shipping cost??? Is it the full release or the beta version??

Thanx for the info guys..
niranvv
Yesterday I got one Vista Beta DVD ( Original CD from Microsoft)
from www.erawindows.com

(Now they stopped the free CD distributio temporaly)
Dustylunchbox
to be honest it would probably be best that everybody goes out and buys a mac. i mean you all want vista but why? they've made a mess out it bad marketing aparently a bad system that has taken way too long to make. when mac has got osx tiger which is amazing . i mean seriously windows is a tad unprofesional here. nad anywya mac looks better
pokethamage
agreed that mac pwns windows big time...but then...not everyone has the hardware to run mac...a comp that will run windows might not neccessarily be able to run mac...and for those with comps that cant they'll have to buy a mac to run it...and that costs money yo...

note: i see mac as apple and apple as mac...so dont correct me on those things...
Indyan
pokethamage wrote:
agreed that mac pwns windows big time...but then...not everyone has the hardware to run mac...a comp that will run windows might not neccessarily be able to run mac...and for those with comps that cant they'll have to buy a mac to run it...and that costs money yo...

note: i see mac as apple and apple as mac...so dont correct me on those things...

You cant run MAC on normal PC. You need mac compatible hardware.
But using Bootcamp you can run Windows on a Macintosh.