FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

YouTube: Wii VS PS3

puredazzle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhaha.nu%2Fpage%2F2%2F&v=ljZOHnZNaBc
Loghete
You have to register to see it.. and I don't wanna.
QrafTee
Here is the same video, but unflagged so you don't need to register to watch it. It's only flagged because there's a hot blonde and a fat lady talking, so don't worry about burning your "virgin eyes."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aJEcD4wKlc
Yjaxygames
QrafTee wrote:
Here is the same video, but unflagged so you don't need to register to watch it. It's only flagged because there's a hot blonde and a fat lady talking, so don't worry about burning your "virgin eyes."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aJEcD4wKlc

Thanks, funny guy.
PseudoKnight
Hah. I showed that to my friends before I even finished it. It's almost a perfect analogy. I would have had the "fat" lady spouting technical specs. Wink
QrafTee
She kinda did, "Have you ever heard of Blu-ray discs?" But I think it's a pretty nice fake commercial since people have been recently comparing Nintendo with Apple (although I like Nintendo and I hate the Macs with a passion).
PseudoKnight wrote:
Hah. I showed that to my friends before I even finished it. It's almost a perfect analogy. I would have had the "fat" lady spouting technical specs. Wink
rayx
Is it commercial for Nintendo Wii because it it is they got a big problem using the PS3 name.
sign-our-band
personally I think that the Nintendo Wii is much better than ps3 in lots of ways btw i like the video but heres the official one from nintendo
http://play.com/Games/Wii/NAVSUB/5-/RegionHome.html
Wink Twisted Evil
tony
haha - nice vid. ive always been a big fan of nintendo over play station. i'll give both the wii and ps3 and unbiased evaluation though when they come out.
PseudoKnight
QrafTee wrote:
She kinda did, "Have you ever heard of Blu-ray discs?" But I think it's a pretty nice fake commercial since people have been recently comparing Nintendo with Apple (although I like Nintendo and I hate the Macs with a passion).
PseudoKnight wrote:
No no... TECHNICAL specs like the common marketing one: gigaflops. So, she'd say something more along the lines of, "a 3.2GHz PowerPC-base Core with 7 SPEs and 512KB of L2 cache for a total of 218Gigaflops!" It just makes the PS3 argument more ridiculous sounding. (not that there isn't some appeal with the platform)
Dark_Jedi06
Haha...that's great. Very Happy

I can't wait for the Wii, I just love that controller! Twisted Evil
darth_revan
I'm looking forward to using that controller as lightsaber:D it will own!
tehk
Although the Wii has some creative ideas, it is no where near as advanced as the PS3. The Playstation 3 will be the next generation of gaming, hands down. The gameplay itself is even better then the cinematics for Xbox 360 or PS2 or Wii, and that's saying A LOT.
soldeinvierno
Nice vid. I don't understand why is the video flagged Confused
Nintendo
heheh, thats cool Very Happy. and oh so very true (H)
QrafTee
Yes that is saying a lot since the gameplay for PS3 has never really been shown to anyone. Everything I've seen for the PS3 has been pre-rendered CG stuff which looks like gameplay. But I wouldn't say it's impossible for it, just that there has been none shown as of yet.
tehk wrote:
Although the Wii has some creative ideas, it is no where near as advanced as the PS3. The Playstation 3 will be the next generation of gaming, hands down. The gameplay itself is even better then the cinematics for Xbox 360 or PS2 or Wii, and that's saying A LOT.
Ghengis
Does anybody else feel like the PS3 vs. Wii comparisons are really comparing apples to oranges? I mean, one is an "entertainment hub", HD movie player, possibly web browser, 3-generation game player with probably a half-dozen features I don't even know about (and a price tag to match), while the other just plays games. It's like the comparison between the GBA and the PSP. One is cheap and plays games that have so-so graphics but are still fun; one is expensive and plays high-end games, MP3s, movies, web-browses, plays Flash games, ...

That said, I owned a GBA for a long time before I got my PSP. I think, for me at least, the same will be true of the Wii/PS3. I expect I'll get a Wiii more or less at launch, while I'll wait for the PS3's first or second price drop. That may take a few years, but what's the rush? If I have to buy a Wii the day it comes out to get the next Metroid, or the souped-up version of Zelda, I'm there. But what's Sony's "must-have"? Even Metal Gear games are now being released for other platforms. My favorite PS-exclusive series right now is probably Ratchet and Clank, but I'm hardly going to plop down $600+ just for the next one of those.

Bottom line, the PS3 is pretty impressive spec-wise, but the Wii seems like the sound investment. The YouTube thing was funny, but a more apt comparison would probably be an Escalade versus a Camry. I just don't need 30 grand worth of car, or 600 bucks worth of console.
OsterhouseProductions
I think that fake commercial is HILARIOUS! It makes sense too.
Ghengis
OsterhouseProductions wrote:
I think that fake commercial is HILARIOUS! It makes sense too.

Sure, it was pretty funny, but what are they trying to *say*? That the PS3 is hindered by its "fatness", while the Wii is attractive because it's simple? Or that the Wii is a "dumb blonde," while the PS3 is failing to hold the attention of the market because people don't care about substance? Maybe both?
Juparis
Why can't people just sit down and enjoy a good "commercial"?

My view on the message was that the PS3 boasts too much about it's "amazing" specs. That they're trying to make such a big deal about how much the PS3 can handle as a media station (and I guess it takes a lot to handle a lot, hence the big woman?). It's just following the mainstream trend--trying to stand out as the best of its league rather than being unique, like the Wii. It's become bland before it was even released. Rolling Eyes The Wii is sleek, slim, sexy, beautiful, fun, cheap, exhilorating, and an aphrodisiac. Oh wait, scratch that last point. Razz
At least the Wii has some originality and good gameplay (real fun, compared to sadistic endeavors).

I love it. Very Happy
Hanpusu-kun
that one is hilarious. I spreaded it kinda fast when I saw it for the first time
SilverDogg
meh.. ive seen better..

i like the one where the three camps fight on a parking lot or something better ^^
dyrtyrice
total ripoff of that horrible macintosh commercial. These kinda commercials are soooooo stupid. PS3 is marketed toward people that like all games and not just the trademark Nintendo ones. The Wii girl is a moron, and the chubby girl would be cuter if she dropped a few pounds. Although, I must admit the Wii chick has a nice bod and I like the way she moves. In relation to the video...was the dual shock really taken out of the controller? If so...that would be incredibly stupid. They should change the name of the Wii to the Nintendo Slut®
QrafTee
dyrtyrice wrote:
total ripoff of that horrible macintosh commercial. These kinda commercials are soooooo stupid. PS3 is marketed toward people that like all games and not just the trademark Nintendo ones. The Wii girl is a moron, and the chubby girl would be cuter if she dropped a few pounds. Although, I must admit the Wii chick has a nice bod and I like the way she moves. In relation to the video...was the dual shock really taken out of the controller? If so...that would be incredibly stupid. They should change the name of the Wii to the Nintendo Slut®

Okay... Fanboy. Anyway, yes it is true that the vibration has been taken out of the PS3 controllers. They claim it's because the new "motion sensor" technology would hinder any part of allowing the vibrations to occur. The truth however is that Immersion won the lawsuit against Sony in breaking their patent on the "Dual Shock" technology so Sony dumped it. Immersion also said that they sound a way to make both motion sensor and Dual Shock work, but Sony has not agreed to work with them on it.

Yes you're probably wondering why the other two console companies didn't run into this problem. Well Microsoft settled the case with Immersion for the rights to use the vibrations from Immersion while Nintendo has their own patent for a different vibration technology (as you know they did the Rumble Pak FIRST).
futurcat
Playability is best in Wii, second is Xbox