FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

VB.Net Or C#

umeshtangnu
hi
i am starting to learn .Net but the institute where i am learning is offering the cource in C# or VB.Net ,
Plz tell which of these two languages will be good to learn
i ahev previous experience in Java and C++
djclue917
umeshtangnu wrote:
hi
i am starting to learn .Net but the institute where i am learning is offering the cource in C# or VB.Net ,

VB.Net no longer resembles the old VB in previous versions of Visual Studio prior to the latest .Net. VB.Net is like a totally new language.

On the other hand, C# is like a mixture of C++, Java, and VB. I really don't know how to explain it.. However, I think that it's better to take the course in C# since VB.Net is, uhm, I don't know. I just don't like it. Very Happy
nitesh
I've worked a lot in VB .NET and believe me its no longer a lame non-programmer type language that old VB used to be..it has full Object oriented approach now. Since you have some knowledge about C++ , you should try for C# as its synatx is pretty similar to C++.
photon
i would recommend vb.net because ive found it easier to work with. when i started learning c# about 3 years back, i found it pretty tough. the syntax isnt straight forward, and the learning curve is a bit steep. on the other hand, it does have the flexibility and is more advanced than vb.net

so id say try using both and then decide which one to study in detail. its all in personal preference
redice
I would recommend C#. It based C++ with some Java feature, so, it has good performance and good structure.
dotnet
C# is, de facto, "default language of .NET platform". So there is no more to say, c-sharp always will have prioritize from MS to have in view various improvements, corrections, additions and so on. To not be unfounded: there is command-line tool from MS - soapsuds. This util can create a proxy class using WSDL document. So, this proxy class can be created only in compiled form(IL code) or C# source code. No VB.NET source code generated!
bytebase
C#/Java is a good choice for beginners.

VB.Net is really like C#, and its language syntax style is BAD.
C++ is an advanced toy.

Good luck, baby!

Bytebase.
umeshtangnu
Thank you for your advise i have joined the C# classes
mensun
i found C# easier to learn because it has got syntax similar to C++ and some feature of Java. I am still in C++ and learning the dot net platform with C#.
Kelcey
I suggest C#. I suggest it really cause I don't know VB at all, but it is a mixture of Java and C++.
cavaliere
umeshtangnu wrote:
hi

Look man, if you had an experience of programming in C++ and Java, why do you even bother yourself to ask this kind of question, since the answer is obvious, C# is the best way for you, after C++ and Java.
Sorry but the question itself is considered not that smart
LostOverThere
C# Is a lot more powerful and less Buggy.

Plus it pays off More.