FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gmail for your domain and Frihost together?

chrismen
Is it possible for me to get gmail for my domain and frihost running my domain together?

I used 1and1 and it seems like I can either a transfer of my mail domain (MX) to gmail and there is a spot opened for forwarding of ip address (I tried frihost's ip address but it didn't work). I was thinking that I could just make a folder in my frihost subdomain and have my domain be forwarded to that but I would perfer to put frihost as my nameserver.

Does frihost have any way of transfering MX to gmail? I have looked but have not found anything.

I have tried to explain this as best as I can but I am not too sure I have done so enough. If you need more information to help me just ask. Thank for all the help!
niranvv
Im using Frihost as my hosting server for my own domain: www.niranvv.com
and Using Google hosted services for mail services!!

You are not allowded to edit the Name servers and all other details at frihost!

But if you are having complete access for Name servers and MX recors etc at your Domain registar, you can use frihost as server along with google hosted!

Otherwise, try to use www.everydns.net

Please have a look at here!

It may help you!!

Niran
chrismen
I had tried changing the IP address to frihost and keeping gmail's MX stuff there. It didn't work last time I tried but maybe I didn't wait long enough. I will try this once more and get back to you. This is what I curently have that works but is a bit messy:

I have mydomain.com point my MX info to gmail and keep the A info intact. I then forward it to www.mydomain.com. Then I create a new subdomain: www.mydomain.com and have the name server be frihost. It worked fine but I wanted something a bit more nicely done. I will first try changing the IP to frihost and if that doesn't work I will try that dns site you gave me. Thanks a lot!
graeinler
Basically when you edit a dns record, wherever you point it the mx records follows. So when you point it to here at frihost, you must then change the records thereafter and point your mx records to whereever you wish for it to point to.

Hope this helps.

greyhood