FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

another uni.cc question

Daniel15
Hi,
I was asking a question about uni.cc DNS settings. My original post is at http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4432 but it got locked before it was resolved.

uni.cc DNS settings STILL WORK. For example, I have a site that is hosted at another web host. On that host, i'm using dansoftaus.uni.cc as the domain and it works properly (ie. it's DNS, NOT a redirect). Just go to it.

How come we can't add uni.cc domains here, while other providers allow them?

EDIT: The DNS settings for my uni.cc domain have propagated. You can see this at http://dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=stickboarder.uni.cc&type=A
Daniel15
heloooooooo..... any technical support here?
prithvi
Currently, uni.cc is not supporting any free DNS services (for new subscribers).

If you have an old uni.cc account, it'll still work.
Go to your DNS settings and add ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net in the NS settings (name server)

After that, login to your Frihost CPanel a/c and click on 'Parked domains'.
Then add your uni.cc domain. It'll update after a few seconds.

A much better option than uni.cc is the free DNS service offered by afraid.org.
Afraid.org has hundreds of free subdomains with full DNS access.
And whats more, they update instantly!
Daniel15
That's exactly what I did, but it said 'Cannot determine nameserver IP address' or something similar.

Have you tried using an afraid.org domain as a parked domain? Does it work on Frihost?
Bondings
I can change your subdomain to the uni.cc subdomain if you want. But then you'll loose your subdomain. It's your choice.
Daniel15
If you can, would you be able to add the .uni.cc domain as a parked domain, so i have it and still have my subdomain?