FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

where is my index page in cpanel?!

cocobirdi
i'm used to directadmin, so cpanel is throwing me for a loop. in directadmin i was able to go to file manager > public > index.html (or something like that, anyhow), but that doesn't seem to be the case in cpanel. where is my index page located? i've looked through god only knows how many tutorials, and they just tell you how to add files, delete files, etc etc etc but not how to find the stupid index file. help please Smile
cocobirdi
ok, nm on that question. i just typed in the address that it should have been and found the corresponding file... (did that make any sense?) and apparently i had to make an index page.

however, the html editor apparently sucks... i already had all my coding ready on my computer so it should have been a copy-and-paste job, but i pasted it into html code, previewed, and voila - pretty page, then went to the design tab, then back to the html code tab, and my whole page of text has been turned into this:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Wind Child Farms</title> <span style="font-family: Arial;"></span>
</head>
<body vlink="#000000" link="#000000" bgcolor="#e5e5e5"> <span style="font-family: Arial;"></span>
</body>
</html>

apparently it insists on the visual editor or nothing. am i stuck with this crap?!

i have tried this over and over and over again. no change. it's pissing me off.
mathiaus
If your site is already done just upload the files via FTP Smile
cocobirdi
well, it's not technically already done, it's just bare coding for the index page, no pics or anything. just something i'd done on Notepad while waiting for the hosting to go through. and uploads don't work well on my crappy dialup connection. Smile

so i'm stuck with an html editor that won't work? O.O that sucks major bum. i wonder if they'd let me change to directadmin... or if that's possible.
Bondings
Your site http://www.showhorseresource.frih.net/ seems to be working fine. And you are on DirectAdmin.

The path should be /domains/showhorseresource.frih.net/public_html/... and you should replace the subdomain for another (sub)domain.
cocobirdi
mm.... would you kill me if i said this was for another site on a different host? Anxious
Daniel15
cocobirdi wrote:
mm.... would you kill me if i said this was for another site on a different host? Anxious

Then, shouldn't you be on the support forum of that web host? Razz
Bondings
Well on cPanel it's directly in the public_html directory. But you'll have to ask your other host for support. Wink
cocobirdi
awww... i don't think they even HAVE a forum. yall are so much better Sad
cocobirdi
actually, they have a very crappy "knowledge base" that is nowhere near being helpful. at all. lol.

UGH i'm disliking this thing! lol