FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

health help please?

dz9c
i recently got pissed off and karate chopped the top of my computer chair. i thought it was all padded and that the backing of it would be further down but it was really all the way to the top barely so that i couldnt see it obviously. anyway i bruised the area on my right wrist on the right side of it.
ever since then its a little bruise of course but its also ALWAYS sweating. the area that i bruised is sweating continuosly and its relatively cold as well...any ideas?? a rare case i believe so i have no where else to turn. plz help
Ghost Rider103
That is pretty weird, I have never heard of a bruise sweating, lol pretty funny actually. But Good luck on finidng out information on that lol. try www.bruisesweating.com Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jaime
Apply ice three times on the day...
Take an aspirina or acetaminofen or an analgesic...
Have food well and don't forces this wrist...
OutlawSpirit
its most probably nothin.. i'd just ignore it and get on with it... laugh it off Laughing
m00tmuffin
Probably just take some aspirin and ice it, and if it gets worse see a doctor. Razz
dz9c
I have started a health website on people who have sweaty bruises. Its a research site until we can find a cure for it! PLEASE DONATE FOR THE CAUSE!
www.bruisessweating.com
jipmerite
Applying ice immediately after an injusy would reduce the swelling. So it is a good idea,

An Analgesic like Paracetamol should take care of the pain.

Giving the wrist some rest will help in healing.

But a fracture would need complete immobilisation for proper and fast healing.

I cannot advice on the sweating phenomenon but if it is paining still, it might mean there is a possible fracture.

Best thing is to show to a doctor and get an x-ray.

And applying a bandage would also help in immobilising the joint, irrespective of a fracture or not.
tylergram
Deleted
wenxi
dz9c wrote:
i recently got pissed off and karate chopped the top of my computer chair. i thought it was all padded and that the backing of it would be further down but it was really all the way to the top barely so that i couldnt see it obviously. anyway i bruised the area on my right wrist on the right side of it.
ever since then its a little bruise of course but its also ALWAYS sweating. the area that i bruised is sweating continuosly and its relatively cold as well...any ideas?? a rare case i believe so i have no where else to turn. plz help

what a rare case
Blaster
Put it in the microwave Razz

Nah really though go somewhere cold like at 40 degrees and set there just like listening ot music. Then see what happens.
mathiaus
-moved-
xeszline
Well well..

Rather than getting unreliable replies from the internet, why don't you go have it checked by licensed valid physician? Get an Xray also.

Don't massage it. Just ice-compress it.
And why does everyone suggest Aspirin/ Paracetamol? Don't take too many drugs if it's unnecessary. Aspirin/ Paracetamol are still drugs. If you take it like candies it would harm your liver and also your kidney. I don't think it hurt s that bad. Unless that the pain hurt your sleeping pattern and other activities.

Whatever, just go see a doctor.
It's your body. And better to prevent than cure. Have you seen physician yet?
LukeakaDanish
xeszline wrote:
Rather than getting unreliable replies from the internet, why don't you go have it checked by licensed valid physician? Get an Xray also.

I cant say that i agree any less than 100% Smile

However researching the net is always a good idea - the licenced guy probably wont help you for free (unless your priviledged enough to live in a country like denmark Wink)

Also there's the whole male "it'll sort itself out" thing... Confused
thealpha
Have you tried any kind of medicine to help you with such problems?
If yes, what is the name or the contents of the medicine?
ddgenconst
I recommend stop getting so "pissed off" that you karate-chop your computer chair, in the first place. Secondly, I recommend you go see a doctor. If you don't have health insurance, go to a sliding scale clinic.
lalune
so how's your wrist now? any idea what went wrong? kinda curious... Confused