FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which version Photoshop are you using?

loveit
i'm using PS cs8.0
i like it.
niranvv
Unsinstalled Photoshop CS2 ( Too slow Crying or Very sad )
Now Back in Photoshop CS!!
Laughing

Niran
S3nd K3ys
So how many are using LEGAL copies?? Wink

J/k.

I gave up on photoshop. I realized there's a free alternative that you don't have to worry about getting busted over. Gimp.
avk
i USE PHOTOSHOP 7...AND I LOVE IT..
HAD INSTALLED PHOTOSHOP CS BUT MADE MY COMPUTER REAL SLOW..

SO BACK TO THE NATURE
dude_xyx
S3nd K3ys wrote:
I gave up on photoshop. I realized there's a free alternative that you don't have to worry about getting busted over. Gimp.

Well what are the free alternatives you can find for Adobe photoshop ? it would be great to know few and i love to try !

Anyway I use Photoshop CS 2 but i havent found much differnce than photoshop CS or any important new features. Maybe becouse i use it only for web design.
myworld
Using Photoshop CS2 but it is scary just how much ram this program eats. No matter what you throw at it it just eats it up.

Went from 1GB dual channel ram to 2GB dual channel ram and it just eats it all but hey its a great program.
varun_dodla
avk wrote:
i USE PHOTOSHOP 7...AND I LOVE IT..
HAD INSTALLED PHOTOSHOP CS BUT MADE MY COMPUTER REAL SLOW..

SO BACK TO THE NATURE

I will second that. I have been using Photoshop 7 for some time now.....tried installing CS but it made my comp too slow and i rolled back to photoshop 7.
wzzaaa
well i use photoshopCS2..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................and somtimes i use photoshopCS Surprised
bytebase
the newest version.
any software, i would get the newest. it's my bug.

Laughing

bytebase
wombatrpgs
I prefer to stick to MS Paint. I never reallygot into photoshop.
jackill
niranvv wrote:
Laughing

Niran

Yep, PS CS Smile
VidE
CS2 here. Much of my work in PS is for video, stills used in videos or DVD menus, etc., so the ability to deal with non-sqaure pixels is rally handy. Ram and processor load issues are somewhat moot for me, I use AFter Effects and Premier Pro so PS isn't a big deal for me.

That said, I also use some other programs like "Real Draw Pro" from MediaChance which is great for interfaces and certain looks, and MS
Expression Graphic Designer, a sort of combo vector/bitmap program.
goansfr
I'm using photoshop cs2 but i m not a expert then the first part like psp7 is enough for me.
anathema
Photoshop CS 8.0 with many add-ons! Laughing
corey
I'd love to be able to afford Photoshop, since its such a standard. But, since I can't, I use Gimp.

How can so many people afford to buy Photoshop???
onydchic
Quote:
So how many are using LEGAL copies??

Lol. I know what you mean. Just started using CS2, but i must admit it REALLY does eat up RAM. Almost everytime I try to use a new function i have to give it a few seconds to FiIND itself. I'm really considering going back to Cs, cos there arent that many differences in the new one ANYWAY.
My best was CS.
xframe
S3nd K3ys wrote:

J/k.

Gimp has nothing on Photoshop and your chance of getting busted are slim to none. Smile
Bones
I use PS 7.0 since most of the people that I know using PS said to avoid CS and CS2 like the plague..although I actually prefer Paint Shop Pro X for working on photos
urbanbuddha
I personally use Photoshop CS2, while on my 5-year computer with an intel celeron of 500Mhz uses Photoshop 6 which can run adequately.

niranvv wrote:
Laughing

Niran

Get more Ram =)

myworld wrote:
Using Photoshop CS2 but it is scary just how much ram this program eats. No matter what you throw at it it just eats it up.

Went from 1GB dual channel ram to 2GB dual channel ram and it just eats it all but hey its a great program.

I think you problem may lie in your photoshop settings. In perferences menu, your photoshop will take a certain percentage of RAM, ie. 60% RAM. By upgrading to 2GB of dual channel ram, instead of taking the original 60% of the 1GB, 600MB, it is not taking 1.2GB of RAM O_O;

I hope that helps.
FunDa
I use photoshop 7. But i had been using photosuite which was quite ok.
How is GIMP ? I just had a glimpse of it on Linux, but haven't used it.
zplitstonez
GOOD DAY EVERYONE
i have tried photoshop CS2 but it eats a lot
of my resources. i makes my computer slow

so i go back to photoshop 7
its good, not heavy for my computer to manage.

GOD is GOOD all the TIME
White Monkey
I'm using Photoshop CS2, it is very slow but I love it, and have got used to the speed...
VidE
Then again, what do you use PS for?! For image editing or for digital drawing? It's hard to beat for image editing. For painting there are other programs like Painter and Project Dogwaffle that work really well.
dotnet
Think CS2 is best version, though it is very resourse consume thing. I am personaly use CS2.
awesty
i use cs2 and i dont think it eats up that much ram Confused

i only have 256mb ram and i can run flash and firefox with it.
CyanEyed
S3nd K3ys wrote:

J/k.

well, lets get technical: if its a "copy" then its not legal. to be legal it has to be an original.

i kno that its jus an expression but i cant help picking out little faults by S3nd K3ys =p

anyway, i use an original version of photoshop 7 with a few added plugins. i would normally write ps7 but writing photoshop 7 gets me more points and frihs for my efforts Laughing
Handyman
I use photoshop cs for mac. Love it! I like gimp but it is not as user fiendly as photoshop. I think that photoshop is worth the money only if you use it a lot. If you are a novice and don't work with graphics all of the time or if moey is an issue gimp would be your best bet.

I will upgrade when I get a new macbook but for now my ibook performs well with just the photoshop cs.
andrewrose
What version of Gimp are you guys running on Windows ? Looking to install and try this software over the next couple of weeks
venkateshwarans
Mine is a ps cs 8.0. waiting to get my hands on cs2.
clownFart
i use cs2 pretty much the same as cs
Teragonto
I use Adobe(r) PhotoShop(r) 9 CS2. Im waiting until I get my computer back with a new 40GB hard drive. Its 256MB RAM. BUt it'll probably be slow because I only have an Intel Celeron...
Aimewitue
i have CS2 & 7.01
7 is more fast than cs2 but cs2 is better .just my opinion
Teezgaff
I use CS2..

Used for images (photographer). Bridge is the main difference for CS2 over CS.

Also the colour and histagrams are also more accurate.

Also can preview Canon RAW (.cr2) formats thru bridge without converting then to jpegs or tiffs.
shwetanshu
I m using Adobe Photoshop 2
Zenrei
myworld wrote:

i used to run photoshop 7 and now run Cs2 Suite and frankly pshop loads in less than 5 seconds even with Version cue and bridge open.
>.> anyway i find it fascinating im tryin to learn to use go live right now for my website needs Smile
fun fact " with golive and smart adobe objects you can make a website or project and as you update the files in photoshop or any other aplication the website images update aswell, preety nifty for real time updates and revisions, especialy if your using version cue, with differnet alternative images to instantly substitute over and over every day i learn something new about Cs 2 suite, every day i like it more
the6thfactor
cs2 here, can't beat it Wink
Shin
I use version 6.
it is good enough for me. I am still yet to use all the features it's got.
Commando_Sondre
I use CS2, but I'm waiting for CS3. Very Happy
jimstelfox
I use Photoshop Ver7.0 and I find it capable of doing everthing I want, I have not used it to it's full capacity as many don't. The only thing I find irritating is the extract utility, it leaves untidy edges which have to be paintakingly smoothed over.
clip
as most users say, i'm on PS CS 8.0 Smile

but i want to know if it differs a lot from 7, i want a faster PS!

and how do it differ from GIMP? is GIMP actually better?
jasmine
As of the moment, I am using Photoshop CS
budazz
I used Photoshop CS2 though i dont see any big changes...it runs smooth on my pc... Laughing
legion
i use PhotoShop 9 CS2 (the demo version)
Xeniczone
Actually you can get Adobe ImageReady CS2 for free right from adobe's website Very Happy

Just download the trail even though Photoshop will run out ImageReady will not. Same basic thing but it lacks a few features Photoshop has. Works for Windows and Mac.
Dustylunchbox
yea i'm jsut using cs i did however go to an adobe presentation when cs2 came out and wow the stuff the creators can do in seconds it was amazing if i wasnt a poor student i would have bought it on the spot. i mean seriously clap clap adobe! wierd name tho
vivaprint
I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS2 v9.0

It's great Cool
airek
im using cz2. it has all the features of professional and has alot of extras in it. Im still new at usingit but im getting the hang of it.
surdy
i use version 7 ...it rulez for me
bernardnapoleon
I use Photoshop CS2 but since i'm not an Photoshop expert or close still cannot feel the difference between CS2 and CS.
chrismen
I use CS2 but after reading this maybe will go back to CS
blueray
I like both the adobe photoshop cs and cs2.

mostly I use the first one. because compared with old ps7. the starting and operating speed are almost identically. And starting from this version, it allow user to drag the screen over full images view mode.
(third button on float tool). this feature is not avaiable in old version.

On the other hand, the ps cs2 provide a much better documentation management for help document and new adobe bridge application. That help manage all studio document type with it's environment.
The drawback was: it is too slow. I think internally it was completely rewrited the gui to use custom draw for float tool's apperence including the title label.

personally suggested that cs2 will be better when used with p4 1.5 or above.