FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MP3 Player

screamingdecay
I'm looking for a MP3 Player that can hold more then 1GB of music. It does not have to be the best. Like have a Color LCD, or be a IPOD. Just be able to hold most of my music 11GB right now.

Can anyone think of any good ones?
kd5nrh
screamingdecay wrote:
I'm looking for a MP3 Player that can hold more then 1GB of music. It does not have to be the best. Like have a Color LCD, or be a IPOD. Just be able to hold most of my music 11GB right now.

Can anyone think of any good ones?

Sounds like you just need a portable DVD player; most will support MP3 and some will handle WMA. Just burn your music to discs in MP3 format and carry it that way.

IMO, even an MP3-CD player is more effective in the long run than a small MP3 player, since it's really cheap to burn your entire collection to data CDs and carry them that way. Failing that, any MP3 player that takes SD cards doesn't need a lot of built-in memory, with the prices of SDs still going down.

Depending on the listening environment, you can also save a lot of memory by converting the files to a lower bitrate; engine and wind noise in a car, for example, covers up a lot of quality deficiencies.
orno
MP3 cd player doesnt make sense when u have ~11GB of music that u want to take around...u cant keep carrying around those 20 odd CD's wherever u go and when u want to listen to a specific song find the right cd and switch it...
its just too complicated

portable dvd player might be a better bet although for that kind of money you might as well buy a proper mp3 player

whats your budget? do u want it to play video files too?
Voffen
IAUDIO U2 1GB BLACK maybe. I have a blue one with 512mb. It's Small and have a really good sound. The price is ok.

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/sound-and-vision/personal-audio/mp3-players/222943/prices
GProject
Take a look at the Cowon iAudio X5 - I have one and it's fantastic. It's a high capcity player (30GB & 60GB versions are available). It also plays video at 12fps - which is low, but surprisingly good as long as the movement isn't too fast (it plays The Simpsons & Futurama wonderfully!).

It will play MP3, OGG, WMA, ASF, FLAC, WAV, and MPEG4; it has a .jpg picture viewer, 5 band EQ, FM radio, voice/in-line/radio built-in recording, and excellent battery life (30 hours on the X5L model).

You can find out more here:

http://www.iaudiophile.net/content.php?review.24
http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/x5/index.html
dotnet
GProject wrote:
Take a look at the Cowon iAudio X5 - I have one and it's fantastic.

Yes, I totally agree with you - Cowon produce GREAT devices with marvellous sound. I also recommend to draw attention to model A2: http://www.iaudiophile.net/content.php?review.58. It's just "pocket home theatre" with the same marvellous sound as other Cowon's models.
Dustylunchbox
i'm looking at this mp3 player :
http://www.uxcell.com/uxcell/retail/item/showItemLayout.php?action=showItem&id=mv0sil2048mp025

it looks pretty amazing but i've never heard about it and can find nothing else about it on the internet except ebay and a couple of other online sellers.
has anyone heard of it?
but it does look amazing
know any other mp3 players that are good something different than ipods and irivers?
TomS
I wouldn't recommend that uxcell thing. You can have real luck with it but you can also make a very bad choice. You don't know anything about how long the battery makes it work, and that's a really important thing about such portable stuff. Better take one of a well-known brand about which you can find some imformation on the internet. You also don't know anything about the sound quality of that uxcell thing which also looks very similar to many cheap chinese products you find on ebay.

If you think about getting a new cellphone, why not taking a cellphone wiht integrated MP3-function. I did so and got me the Nokia 6280, it's got an amazing sound even with the earphones it comes with. I've gotta admit that you can't use other earphone without a special adaptor but I don't have it and the sound is great anyway. Ok, the menus aren't always as easy as they are in a standalone player. But you can pack miniSD cards in and as far as I'm informed actually also 2GB ones will work (I have a 1GB).
TomS
Hey, did you decide 'bout the MP3 now? Once again, take one which is made by a well-known brand...
Cronneloctopus
Jaan
Just go with an iPod Razz . Feature rich and nowadays you can get like old generations from $60-100 Laughing . Whichever you get, I would recommend checking first if Rockbox supports it (rockbox.org). Its a great piece of software for a wide range of mp3 players (including iPod). Samsung also makes great mp3 players.
Cheers.
snowboardalliance
orno wrote:
MP3 cd player doesnt make sense when u have ~11GB of music that u want to take around...u cant keep carrying around those 20 odd CD's wherever u go and when u want to listen to a specific song find the right cd and switch it...
its just too complicated

portable dvd player might be a better bet although for that kind of money you might as well buy a proper mp3 player

whats your budget? do u want it to play video files too?

Not only that, but they are bulkier, skip, and the one I had was sooo slow to change songs (maybe newer ones are better).

I have a Creative zen sleek but I would definatly get an Ipod next, the quality is a lot better even if it is more expensive.
TomS
I do not really like Ipods... I think they're too expensive for what they offer. Of course, they aren't bad at all! But I'd also take a look at Samsung first. They brought up a new model which is cheaper than the Ipod, has got more features on it and the battery lasts way longer... Don't exactly know what it's called but it has got a big color screen on it. The battery lasts about 35! hours, but a magazine said, it's about 24h which is still the best they've ever seen!

Have fun getting a good one!
dylanm
It has a widescreen color LCD, it can play MP3, AAC and WMA files.
You can also buy a 4Gb HDD with it.
DimaSafr
I personally would not spend hundreds of pounds (or dollars) on a high-capasity MP3. What I do with my is symply converting all the music to WMA, sometimes slightly reducing the bit rate. It normally fits everything i need on a 1gb Creative MP3, and quality is perfectly allright.
agustin
i have an mp3 player and its perfect!!! i love music, i cant live without music!! thats the truth!!!
mp3 is confortable, easy tu use, what else? just enjoy the music!!!